Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 467votes)

Otoyomegatari

Alt Names: alt A Bride's Storyalt Arojen Morsiametalt เจ้าสาวแห่งทางสายไหมalt 乙嫁語りalt Brudens Fortellingeralt Gelinin Hikayelerialt Historia de Noviasalt Οι ιστορίες της νύφηςalt The Bride's Storiesalt Young Bride's Story (German)
Author: Mori Kaoru
Artist: Mori Kaoru
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Set in Central Asia in a rural town near the Caspian Sea during the early 19th century, the story revolves around a young woman, Amir, who arrives from a distant village across the mountains to marry Karluk, a boy eight years her junior. The story unfolds among details of everyday family and community life. However, the peaceful atmosphere is disturbed when Amir's family demands to take her back to their village.
Go to Otoyomegatari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Romanticizing ownership of women. New Window truepurple
  • 123 Replies
Topic Cultural accuracy New Window Tadao
  • 14 Replies
Topic Otoyomegatari Chapters New Window Pold10
  • 44 Replies
Topic Kaoru Mori Illustrating Amir. New Window JTai
  • 7 Replies
Topic Mr Smith wimps out. New Window truepurple
  • 73 Replies

1048 Comments

their page*
Yeah, didn't know because they page is actually off. I'm sorry for that.
Pold10, Got that fix. It's too bad that there will be no chapter 13-17 on Batoto because Otoyomegatari is licensed and Scantily Clad does not want any licensed titles to be upload.

By the way, avoid using phone to edit chapter info. Accidentally click "Unapprove this chapter".
Manganight, the chapter 12 is the first chapter of the vol 3, plz, if u can, fix that :D (resuming uploading here)
I just put a "Slice of Life" tag on it. Dunno why it wasn't there already.
I simply love Kaoro mori's beautiful art, its rich and full of detail.
With a nice warm story to boot!!!
Finally! An English translation came to Batoto!
yeah I loved this manga too. Too bad it hasn't been updated in ages. The story is awesome and it grips you in so many different ways.
same here i like this too been waitin for it to continue to update
This is a good story to show people who think that manga = comics = superheroes.
i like this manga too, im waiting the chapter 20 since october.

Q' bien q hayan tomado el proyecto en español, creo que es un excelente manga con buen dibujo y una historia cute? xD bueno, espero que puedan alcanzar la versión en inglés y q si por ahí algún traductor desde el japonés se anima a adelantar a los gringos xD
This is a BI-Montly manga, raws up to 21.. so don't expect "frequent" updates.
Waa.. finally someone picking up this manga. But not in english T__T.
The author has detailed videos of her drawing the comic! It's so beautiful.
i remember reading this manga a year or two ago. i've been wanting to read it again but i can't remember it's tittle and the (seemingly) shota premise doesn't help much. here's hoping for english translation.
IMO, all her works are worth a read. The art is great and detailed, the story is good. While mainly she writes romance, it isn't boring and not too much cliche. The history background is well done.
@ Pold10: you can go to mangaupdates: http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=94
Videshi, do u know any other good title from this mangaka (going to search too, but this way is easer)
Kauro Mori is one of my absolute favorite mangaka! This title does not disappoint!

happydestroyer said: "I LOVE this manga - the detail is so rich."

I couldn't have said it any better and the story grabs you. Well, at least for me it does.
uuuuh!!! que padre me encanta este manga, que bueno que un grupo fansubero lo tomo, yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! thank you so much!!!
I LOVE this manga - the detail is so rich.
Waiting to read them :D (the chapters)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics