Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 58votes)

Shion no Ou

Alt Names: alt しおんの王alt ชิอง อัจฉริยะสาวเจ้าหมากรุกalt 紫音之王alt Kings of Shogialt Shion no Ohalt Shion no Ou: The Flowers of Hard Bloodalt Shion's King
Author: Katori Masaru
Artist: Ando Jiro
Genres: Drama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yasuoka Shion lost her parents, and her voice, when she was young...in a murder.

She was found amidst a blood-soaked room, and the only hint for the suspect was a Shougi board and one piece: the King. Now, Shion steps into the world of female professional Shougi players. As her popularity and fame slowly rises, so do the questions about her past, particularly the murder case that was never solved.
Go to Shion no Ou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Boy eyes New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies
Topic Shion no Ou versus Hikaru no Go New Window ernabc
  • 7 Replies

66 Comments

Outstanding, thanks a lot SCS!!!

Super awesome, thanks a lot for the new chapter Supreme Cream!!!

img000002.jpg
They're about to explode!

You think we can add a comedy tag? it does have comedic parts too it but I know it isn't an overall theme of it but still?

like so...

Spoiler

its got other parts like this is just one scene that jumped out to me

lol that grin looks a lot like chibimaruko style :P

But i dont think this is a comedy its not that significant. The drama tag covers it

Seriously, thanks much to Supreme Cream Scanlations for picking this up.  It's a great series.

You think we can add a comedy tag? it does have comedic parts too it but I know it isn't an overall theme of it but still?

like so...

Spoiler

its got other parts like this is just one scene that jumped out to me

You know I've always wondered this but why is there gender separation in shogi.  I mean i can understand separating genders in physical sports because of the physical differences between male and females but there should be no need in mental sports like shogi.  The only reason I can think of is because of tradition.

Tradition is one part of it, but those gender differences can be exploited, too. After all, a match is fought not only on the board, but between the players themselves. Now imagine you're playing a woman and want to throw her off balance. All you need to do is complain to somebody on the side about how she slyly chose her attire so that her boobs distract you but it's not obvious to anyone (from what I understood, you're allowed to talk during a match; at least nobody complained about talking), or even directly to her.

You know I've always wondered this but why is there gender separation in shogi.  I mean i can understand separating genders in physical sports because of the physical differences between male and females but there should be no need in mental sports like shogi.  The only reason I can think of is because of tradition.

granma_new_chapter.jpg

Holy shit! Thanks a lot!

An UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! An update! Thank you Supreme Cream :D

woot new chapter!!! 

I'm so sad this has stopped being translated, it's one of my favorites and has a plot with so much potential...!
A character is cross-dressing. If you read, you will see :)
i haven't read this... but how is this gender bender?..

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics