Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Shion no Ou versus Hikaru no Go

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ernabc

ernabc

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRomania

Pretty much the same sport worlds but we have here a darker side . There are a lot of similarities between them but here we have murder, threatening letters , street attack on kids ,cheating and I am only at the end of third chapter. I like it a lot but I haven't the heart to continue today not even with another page.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Pretty much the same sport worlds but we have here a darker side . There are a lot of similarities between them but here we have murder, threatening letters , street attack on kids ,cheating and I am only at the end of third chapter. I like it a lot but I haven't the heart to continue today not even with another page.

Seriously? Wow, I looked right at this title when Supreme Cream picked it up and totally blew it off.............you make a much more convincing case for my reading it than the synopsis for it does, that's for sure. 

And I guess this one is Shougi instead of Go, but I know what you mean, as I remember from Hikaru no Go the two are pretty similar. Frankly any comparison of the two titles is a pretty bold statement, I loved HnG and it was also very successful. 

Tn7HA0h.png

ernabc

ernabc

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRomania

It's about being the same kind of competitions, the same kind of way to be a pro or Meijin.... We have here the God of Shougi.Yes, the sports aren't the same but their worlds are.

Edited by ernabc, 03 October 2013 - 09:50 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

It's about being the same kind of competitions, the same kind of way to be a pro or Meijin.... We have here the God of Shougi.Yes, the sports aren't the same but their worlds are.

yup, that's how I thought you meant it.....gotta start it now, the sooner I start the sooner I'll get caught up :D

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

God there's some unlikable characters in this story.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Martypants

Martypants

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationIn someone's spud basket, like a store-bought potato

yep quite alot actually

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

.........I think the Mejin himself might've overtaken his little brother in my book. That guy's a real snake in the grass, I think. 

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, it really seems the author has been trying to point things at the Mejin for a while now........I won't be surprised if someone unexpected pops up at some point here to be the actual killer. I don't know though, it's getting well on towards the end now, only a little more than one volume left I believe. 

Tn7HA0h.png