Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 58votes)

Shion no Ou

Alt Names: alt しおんの王alt ชิอง อัจฉริยะสาวเจ้าหมากรุกalt 紫音之王alt Kings of Shogialt Shion no Ohalt Shion no Ou: The Flowers of Hard Bloodalt Shion's King
Author: Katori Masaru
Artist: Ando Jiro
Genres: Drama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yasuoka Shion lost her parents, and her voice, when she was young...in a murder.

She was found amidst a blood-soaked room, and the only hint for the suspect was a Shougi board and one piece: the King. Now, Shion steps into the world of female professional Shougi players. As her popularity and fame slowly rises, so do the questions about her past, particularly the murder case that was never solved.
Go to Shion no Ou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Boy eyes New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies
Topic Shion no Ou versus Hikaru no Go New Window ernabc
  • 7 Replies

66 Comments

Wow, another great chapter, thanks a lot Supreme Cream!!

I guess we're moving towards the climax at this point, should be good.........loved her dad's look.... :D

Spoiler

"A Shogi player's no good, you hear?! Marrying a Shogi player will only bring you trouble!!"

Listen to your old man, he speaks out of experience.

I'm going to remember this quote for quite awhile.

"A Shogi player's no good, you hear?! Marrying a Shogi player will only bring you trouble!!"

Listen to your old man, he speaks out of experience.

Exactly. I promise I'll fix the second time the forum post appears in the chapter >_<

It was the first time that was wrong though

Ver cool, thanks a lot Supreme Cream!!

Wow, the tension just keeps ratcheting higher and higher.  >_<

"The identity of Yasuoka Shion's parents is Hani Satoru."

So he's both her biological father and mother. Respect, Satoru. Respect!

Exactly. I promise I'll fix the second time the forum post appears in the chapter >_<

Ayumi x Shion is now a thing.

Ayumi x Shion is now a thing.

"The identity of Yasuoka Shion's parents is Hani Satoru."

So he's both her biological father and mother. Respect, Satoru. Respect!

Yeah, that awkward moment when a translating error makes epic senses:

"Shion's parents = Hani"

I fell off my chair at the epic twist. It would take the plot to a whole new level. Too bad it was just a typo...

Looks like the manga is heavily implicating the mejin as the murderer.

Also, the scanlators seem to have missed a mistake in the first translation of that forum post, but then translated it correctly the second time around :P

Wow, new found respect for lightning-fast releases. Good job, Supreme Cream!

Cool, thanks a lot Supreme Cream!!

Does this end like the anime, or does it go further?.

thanks SCS, I waited this two weeks to read more chapters in one go and it was a fun ride of adrenaline, Shion is growing a lot more and even Hisatani is getting luckier (hahaha)

I really hope the characters will become visibly older over the course of this manga, like in Hikaru no Go.

Spoiler

Wow, that was a pretty thrilling chapter, thanks a lot Supreme Cream!!

As always, the cream is supreme.

Wow, that's messed up. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Holy cow, more intensity with every chapter at this point........thanks a lot Supreme Cream!!

Thanks a lot SCS!!

Wow, like things weren't tense enough already.  :D

Very awesome, thanks a lot Supreme Cream!! 

I have to admit to restraining myself from peeking ahead by watching the anime.  :D

Holy crap, underrated series, DOUBLE HOLY CRAP, it's SCS, Nobunaga no Chef and now this.  I just found this series today, saw the SCS tag and gave it a try, now I want more chapters o.o

Very awesome, thanks Supreme Cream!!

Yayyyyy!!! Back to back releases!!  \o/\o/

Thanks Supreme Cream Scans!!  :D

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics