Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.99 - 139votes)

Oni ga deru ka ja ga deru ka

Alt Names: alt 鬼が出るか蛇が出るかalt 鬼怪情缘alt Oni ga Deruka Hebi ga Derukaalt Out Comes the Devil, Out Comes the Snakealt You Never Know What Might Happen
Author: Adobenchara
Artist: Adobenchara
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHarem HaremRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: When our hero, Matsubara Yuu, suddenly finds himself moving back to his mother’s home, a number of strange things happen to him. He meets Suzu, a beautiful girl who falls in love with him at once, even wanting to have his children. Even if he wanted to run away from the situation, his way was blocked by a huge cow attacking him. In fact, in all of these, he seems to be the cause…
Go to Oni ga deru ka ja ga deru ka Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

197 Comments

How many series are you doing now? What's your rotation up to?

See this page.  Of the thirteen listed there, three are done and one abandoned, so that leaves nine.  One series, Mill, will be done before long.  Right this moment I am working on the next chapter(s) of Chokotto Hime.  I have a series cued up to follow Mill, and maybe one to follow Noel no Kimochi.

Am I working too hard?  Perhaps.

How many series are you doing now? What's your rotation up to?

This is just like the Tanuki Princess manga. The female lead is nonhuman but quite nice and the MC is being forced into it by shitty guardians.

If There's a Hole! There's a Way! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

snake girls again huh? *sigh

*unzips pants

I feel sorry for the MC, I really do - but the mangaka did a plenty effective job at showing how useless the father is and encouraging me to dislike him.

Things are early on, though, and hopefully the father will go camping in the mountains permanently or something. XD

The premise for the story ... err ... well, I will have to read more, but for now I will give it the benefit of the doubt and chance to "present it's case". :)

No knife hand snek!

Second chapter.  No new characters yet, but they are coming soon.

My little lamia can"t be this cute.

That's not neccessarily true. The European "Wurm", which is also a kind of a "dragon", is usually very serpent-like[sometimes it even lacks legs] and has no wings. In contrast to the Chinese Dragon, it also is unable to fly, so it's more like a typical animal than a mythological creature.

Also, the creature we know as "Dragon" exists in a more elongated and thin form [mostly common in Northern Europe (British Isles/Iceland/Greenland/Scandinavia)], even if it has wings and legs, making it look more like a Skink than a usual lizard.

I mentioned this before in the Sayonara Ryuusei thread, but there are many types of European dragons that don't conform to the typical fire breathing lizard. Some are covered in poisonous needles, others are part mollusk. Even the Greek Hydra or the Japanese Orochi had several heads (multi-headed dragons are almost always evil for whatever reason).

Hahahahahaha pretty funny tbh.

Followed & Thankyou for translating~~

arent onis supposed to be ogres? but like a different type of ogre. like there is the european dragon thats a winged lizard, and chinese dragon is more like a serpent. european ogres are slow but big, and onis are a bit smaller, but have a clear area and culture.

That's not neccessarily true. The European "Wurm", which is also a kind of a "dragon", is usually very serpent-like[sometimes it even lacks legs] and has no wings. In contrast to the Chinese Dragon, it also is unable to fly, so it's more like a typical animal than a mythological creature.

Also, the creature we know as "Dragon" exists in a more elongated and thin form [mostly common in Northern Europe (British Isles/Iceland/Greenland/Scandinavia)], even if it has wings and legs, making it look more like a Skink than a usual lizard.

You forgot the fifth volume, which has yet another girl on the cover.

Spoiler

Loli girl okay i hated the mc and everyone around him but a loli changes everything.

Don't really know why this has a comedy tag. The father's actions made everything effectively unfunny. The  quintessential beta blushing dick-on-a-stick MC wasn't much help either.

What's all this then?  rpapo translating another series? [Clicks follow.] With cute monster girls? [Clicks follow harder.]

With the overwhelming response around here (more than 1100 follows on the very first day, not quite a follow a minute), methinks I need to expedite the next chapter...

The real question is : where is the hole?

For "devil" Japanese normally use 悪魔 (akuma), which is an inherently evil creature and these are much closer in meaning. Onis are brutal mythological creatures, but aren't very "devilish", they're usually overgrown muscled humanoids with a horn or two who carry a huge mace. Not very "devil", right?

arent onis supposed to be ogres? but like a different type of ogre. like there is the european dragon thats a winged lizard, and chinese dragon is more like a serpent. european ogres are slow but big, and onis are a bit smaller, but have a clear area and culture.

What's all this then?  rpapo translating another series? [Clicks follow.] With cute monster girls? [Clicks follow harder.]

For "devil" Japanese normally use 悪魔 (akuma), which is an inherently evil creature and these are much closer in meaning. Onis are brutal mythological creatures, but aren't very "devilish", they're usually overgrown muscled humanoids with a horn or two who carry a huge mace. Not very "devil", right?

Akuma and Mazoku are used to denote a supernatural and evil entity, I agree. However, there's quite a lot of varieties when it comes to Onis. Naturally, there's the red and blue skinned humanoid with horns, striped tiger underpants, and kanabo. They vary in size, eyes, and even horns to an immense degree. There's the Ushi-Oni, which usually has a bull head and sometimes a crab or spider body. The Amonojaku is a tiny oni that can bring out dark desires. Hannya are the female varieties of onis transformed by jealousy. Then there's the Sazae-oni, an oni female formed from a turban snail that can snatch men's balls and ransom them. I'm not even getting into the named ones, like Shutendoji, Ibaraki, and Suzuka. Most if not all of these have horns, immense strength, and are usually spoiling for a fight, which lead many to misconstrue them as evil. Certainly some are, but like many intelligent beings it comes down to the individual.

NO STEP ON SNEK

I agree with you, but like I said earlier, that was not the word that the artist and his publisher chose to use. The cover, the frontispiece and the table of contents all contain the text "Out Comes the Devil, Out Comes the Snake." is various places, in English. Though I agree that the correct translation of "鬼(oni)" is demon or ogre, I chose to honor the publisher's choice.

For better or worse, there is more than a little Japlish scattered around on and in manga.

And from a spoilerish point of view, having leafed through much of the manga series (I have all four volumes currently released), I would hardly characterize Suzu, or any of the other girls, as devils or demons.  Devilish, perhaps, at times.

All that said, I believe the author simply grabbed a fairly well known expression in Japanese and riffed from there.  The title of this manga is that expression, and though it means, literally, "Will a Demon come out, or a Snake?", it has come to mean something like "You never know what might happen" is normal usage.

And demon is a loanword from the Daemon of Greek origin, who were not even malevolent. Devil usually is the head honcho of demons, similar to the

Mao of the Mazoku. In Christianity, it is usually attributed to one of the Seven Deadly Sins (Lucifer = Pride, Beelzebub = Gluttony, etc.). Judaism and Islam have similar beings, with 'unclean spirits' (such as a dybbuk) or evil djinns (ghouls). Sometimes those are given the demon stamp, just like the yokai of Japan (though they all have varying degrees of morality), and the Asura in Hinduism (though most Asura are destructive assholes, there are some who are aligned with the Devas).

What a rip-off!!!  This series is labeled as "seinen" and yet NOT ONE NIP-SLIP SHOT!!!

I want my money back! If I wanted to look at bare boobs without any nipples, I would choose to read a "shounen" series!!!

BUT... while waiting for my refund, I guess it won't hurt to follow this for a while... After all... SNAKE GIRLS ARE JUSTICE!!!

You need to look for the "ecchi" tag for titties 

What a rip-off!!!  This series is labeled as "seinen" and yet NOT ONE NIP-SLIP SHOT!!!

I want my money back! If I wanted to look at bare boobs without any nipples, I would choose to read a "shounen" series!!!

BUT... while waiting for my refund, I guess it won't hurt to follow this for a while... After all... SNAKE GIRLS ARE JUSTICE!!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics