Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 282votes)

Risou no Himo Seikatsu

Alt Names: alt An Ideal Lazy Lifealt 理想のヒモ生活alt 理想的小白脸生活alt Hidup Pemalas yang Idealalt 이상적인 기둥서방 생활
Author: Watanabe Tsunehiko (Hero Bunko)
Artist: Hinotsuki Neko & Ayakura Juu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Summoned by a beautiful woman to a different world, Yamai Zenjirou is asked to marry her and make a child with her. Will he throw his life on earth away for a sponger life with a beautiful woman?
Go to Risou no Himo Seikatsu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic LN latest translated chapter discussion New Window lygarx
  • 1 Replies

331 Comments

I can't suspend my disbelief enough to believe that this chick would enjoy being married to a perpetual layabout with the body of a 14 year-old.
If my experience with historical dramas about royalty is any indication, she's gonna be adultering it up all over town with various hot nobles and knights while MC-kun sits around stroking his dick in the inner-palace.

Well this kind of genre is basically escapist stuff, written so people can enjoy a fantasy, maybe something they can imagine doing themselves if they were in the same shoes - so if you understand that, then anything goes. I think most people would understand how ridiculous it can be but it's one of those nice "what if" things.

Spoiler

The Light Novel is pretty good. I really like it.

Ooh, i like the intellectual tone the story gives off!

I will wait for future chapters! :D

Plz no harem
But yeah.
THICC dark skinned babe, all to the yes.
Really what happened to zenjirou's skin? Isn't his skin supposed to be a little tan

I highly recommend the LN over this thing passing for a story.

Except the flow of the story is largely unchanged from the LN so far, and we only have one chapter here to judge.

I'll be the first to state that there is some loss of nuance between the LN and this manga, since the LN is better at elaborating on things like the potential power conflict that can occur if Aura chooses a more 'noble' husband, but that's what you get with a transfer to a more visually enhanced form of media. I wouldn't be so quick to write this off, even if I might potentially get disappointed by it down the road.

Spoiler

So the MC in question does have a brain like I thought. Well with that I'm willing to give the LN a shot. Thanks for writing in something other criticisms/bashing.

I loved the LN, and hopefully I'll love this as well. I look forward to the maids.

They were great fun.

...on a completely unrelated side note, WOO! TAN+RED HAIR FOR THE WIN!

Spoiler

I highly recommend the LN over this thing passing for a story.

And that assures her fidelity how? Uselessness isn't sexy in any culture.

Oh I misread your initial comment, I thought you were questioning why she would marry him in the first place. But to respond to your original quote, god forbid a woman actually has morals and falls in love with someone who cares and helps her out. You have no idea how their relationship will go, and you're already judging purely on the premise. Also, if you think ALL women are attracted to ONLY assertive, strong, useful men, you probably need to get out more. Uselessness isn't "sexy" but there is a lot more that makes up how people are attracted to each other.

If you listen to his inner monologues, its quite apparent why she wants a layabout husband. This is a male dominated society so anyone she marries will likely try to be above her in power despite her being the only royal left.  She is probably a queen who wants to stay in control. So what does she do? Summon a distant relative who doesn't have any power or pull in this world and marry him so that she can stay in power and not be ruled by her spouse.

And that assures her fidelity how? Uselessness isn't sexy in any culture.

I mean, if you know anything about historical dramas, he gets to stay in the royal palace and fuck around with all the girls while the queen gets to continue ruling however she likes. It's a win-win situation. Also, if you're trying to read any isekai manga without being able to suspend this level of disbelief, then you're an idiot for even attempting to read anything in this genre.
Belief in setting =/= belief in characterization. Take a class.

This is a joke right?

The goal is to get someone who will allow her to fulfill her need for a heir of specific blood and avoid the power struggles. AKA she is trying to avoid a civil war, which is exactly what your theory would produce.
Royal power struggles have less to do with who you are fucking, and more to do with who you are officially supposed to be fucking.

I can't suspend my disbelief enough to believe that this chick would enjoy being married to a perpetual layabout with the body of a 14 year-old.
If my experience with historical dramas about royalty is any indication, she's gonna be adultering it up all over town with various hot nobles and knights while MC-kun sits around stroking his dick in the inner-palace.

This is a joke right?

The goal is to get someone who will allow her to fulfill her need for a heir of specific blood and avoid the power struggles. AKA she is trying to avoid a civil war, which is exactly what your theory would produce.

This was unexpected i hope this won't overshadow the LN

let me sum up all the answers

*ahem* Politics

For those wondering, unless the manga has different priorities from the LN, there won't be too much stimulative content for you... :P

Mostly it's light

Spoiler
. And newly married life.

Oh, and a pretty long and tedious subplot with different PoVs about marching in the jungle and hunting dragons.

I mean, if you know anything about historical dramas, he gets to stay in the royal palace and fuck around with all the girls while the queen gets to continue ruling however she likes. It's a win-win situation. Also, if you're trying to read any isekai manga without being able to suspend this level of disbelief, then you're an idiot for even attempting to read anything in this genre.

If you listen to his inner monologues, its quite apparent why she wants a layabout husband. This is a male dominated society so anyone she marries will likely try to be above her in power despite her being the only royal left.  She is probably a queen who wants to stay in control. So what does she do? Summon a distant relative who doesn't have any power or pull in this world and marry him so that she can stay in power and not be ruled by her spouse. 

Remember the novel was written by a Japanese author who is trying to appeal to the isekai (+innocent romance?) crowd. They try to subvert the isekai trope and be more interesting by adding an unexpected element(s), such as reincarnation as a grain of sand or whatever, op skill everyone thought was useless, revenge plot, MC's a girl, MC has a brain, MC not a retarded harem king (though it usually ends up happening anyway), it being MC's second time etc. In the end though, MC will be happy (no spoilers)

Oh I remember reading the light novel (theres a fan translation, but I can't remember who's doing it) but I dropped it because it tried to do too much and never really decides on what kind of story it wants to be.

The art is completely unfitting though, but I guess everyone is trying to bank on the isekai crowd these days.

Man, this Isekai thing's really in vogue in Japan huh..........

While I can't judge much about this with only one chapter and wouldn't bat an eye if this is another garbage LN/manga series (I'm trying to be fair), I have to give the MC a point for logically analyzing his situation first. 

What a good PLOT

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics