Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 80votes)

Kako and the False Detective

Alt Names: alt カコとニセ探偵alt Kako & Fake Detectivealt Kako and the False Detectivealt Kako to Nisetantei
Author: Mitsunaga Yasunori
Artist: Mitsunaga Yasunori
Genres: Comedy ComedyHorror HorrorMystery MysterySeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A genius boy detective who can see ghosts teams up with a high-level bound spirit to solve crimes perpetrated by other evil spirits.
Go to Kako and the False Detective Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

101 Comments

Huh? Offroad bike has gas/fuel meter right? Or only some models have it?

Also,

Spoiler

Kako knows

Good to see we have an experienced pointing-at-things-with-a-laser-pointer-attached-to-your-finger enthusiast around to set us straight.

You should know by now that detective stories run on a little cleverness and a lot of bullshit.

I can handle a bit of contrivance or convenience. Stuff that's concretely wrong is a bit much. Any bullshit needs to occur far above my head or be well-disguised as cleverness.

He lines the laser pointer up to the arm instead of between eye and fingertip. How can such a rookie be so successful? RUINED. DROPPED.

Good to see we have an experienced pointing-at-things-with-a-laser-pointer-attached-to-your-finger enthusiast around to set us straight.

You should know by now that detective stories run on a little cleverness and a lot of bullshit.

I like how he's managed to make a name for himself as a "boy genius" by looking at spirits pointing at things. It's pretty great!

Maybe he can't solve cases like a normal detective but understaniding what a spirit is trying to say with a single gesture requires a good training, he even have to connect everything so it makes sense, the difficulty is the same as a normal case, maybe even more because he must find proof directed to a single person.

It is slightly easier because he knows 'the truth' from the beginning. Think of a question (mathematical or physical) you must solve the equation to find the solution. By knowing the answer before finding the equation he needs and then the specific data he already has a good lead on where to focus.

He must still find the specifics and with enough precision, and even with the speed which he solves the cases, which is very impressive.

Not to add he gets an auto confirm when he reaches close enough as the vengeful spirit becomes satisfied with his explanation of 'the truth'.

Maybe he can't solve cases like a normal detective but understaniding what a spirit is trying to say with a single gesture requires a good training, he even have to connect everything so it makes sense, the difficulty is the same as a normal case, maybe even more because he must find proof directed to a single person.

Chapter order mixed up during reading

Do not use alphabet in chapter title. Use Chapter 1.1 , 1.2 instead

After all, she's really... weird... spooky goddess.

And heck, just learned thing like necroplay. XD

(expecting more to credits than main story is bad for health)

Just a minor correction, this chapter (1a) is the only  one we'll be splitting into two parts. This chapter was twice as long as subsequent chapters so that's why we did it. Also this release coincides with ONKWS' one year anniversary so I'll personally be Grand Blue style of drunk the next couple of days.

Don't be stupid. When you point at something you point from the shoulder. If you line your finger up with your eye you would be pointing up at the sky.

I'd bet like 84 lottery tickets that you calculate your pointing so that your finger is closer to being along a straight line between your eye and your target than your shoulder and your target. If not, then hey. You'll make an excellent ghost.

Plus, he's actually putting the laser pointer INSIDE the finger. Surely that guarantee some very-high accuracy, right?

Accuracy to what, though? Banzai in MSPiant:

Spoiler

Honestly we're all wrong in the respect that, at long distances, the finger alone is a terrible indicator unless you already know what you're looking for and only need a general direction. Point is, the comic's depiction of a laser pointer's usefulness is flawed.

Amateur. The ghost's eyes have no iris/pupil so you can't actually know which direction she is looking at.

This is is a somewhat fair point (you big meanie). Maybe ghosts see through their shoulders. Maybe their fingers point like compass needles at important clues! But, until a chapter comes out where MC recounts his experiments in learning the nitty-gritty of ghost-sight, I'm going to chalk this all up to the author not thinking the detective work all the way through.

He lines the laser pointer up to the arm instead of between eye and fingertip. How can such a rookie be so successful? RUINED. DROPPED.

Don't be stupid. When you point at something you point from the shoulder. If you line your finger up with your eye you would be pointing up at the sky.

"You need to eat for two now!"

Looking forward to more of these two.

As usual the monster girl has an inferior "real" face.

Looks like it's not gonna be her main face though

at least until the mangaka gets sick of drawing extra detail on her face all the time

Yay, new manga by this guys. Though I wish Naqua-den was finished.

Man, that power truly handy for a detective! But i'm wondering if all the dead people spirit he met always so cooperative...

Amateur. The ghost's eyes have no iris/pupil so you can't actually know which direction she is looking at.

Plus, he's actually putting the laser pointer INSIDE the finger. Surely that guarantee some very-high accuracy, right?

There is a reason why i am a Monstergirl fan. :P

...made by the mangaka of Princess Resurrection and Nakua-den?

Count me in!

He really likes the supernatural genre huh?

I was going to say this really, really reminds me of Naqua-Den but then I checked the author :P

That said, terrible start. I love the monster designs, but that writing is so damn forced.

"Reverse 'Psych' " is a good story idea.

Good start, I'm in.

This seem like a nice series, followed!
Thank you for the translation Orca Ninjas Killer Whale Squad! (Can I just call you guys ONKWS?)

He's totally expressionless on sight, who knows what's in his head tho (got influenced by that credit page XD).

I'm  in!

Really looking forward to more of this series! (Also, pretty great credits page, guys.)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics