Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 146votes)

Kore wa Koi no Hanashi

Alt Names: alt これは恋のはなしalt 一个爱情故事alt Bu Bir Aşk Hikayesialt This Is a Lovestoryalt This Is a Tale of Lovealt Это история о любви
Author: Chika
Artist: Chika
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After recently moving into his grandmother's house in the countryside, Shinichi is bored with everything despite his success as a novelist. That is, until one day, when a young girl with a stray cat appears at his doorstep. A girl with a very tragic look in her eyes...
Go to Kore wa Koi no Hanashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Kore wa Koi no Hanashi Discussion New Window KidCongo
  • 34 Replies
Topic Predictions? New Window Purple Ghost
  • 3 Replies

343 Comments

Mr. Mailman: Satomi is not gay. She's a woman, a trans woman to be precise.
I think it's cool how they were able to stay friends even after they realized Satomi was gay, a lot of people would get freaked out and reject them outright but the fact that they stayed with him shows how deep their friendship was. I'm a little jealous, i don't think i have any friends that i trust that much.
Thank you for the wonderful updates! :D
Oops, I forgot to add, in the side story when it was showing everyone during highschool, I was careful to use male pronouns for Satomi, but starting with Oogaki's narration after the ferris wheel incident switched to female pronouns. This was **my own decision as a translator** because in the Japanese it did not use any kind of pronoun indicating gender, but in English required me to chose one. Sorry if this led anyone to confusion.
I really don't get what everyone's so confused about... Satomi was born male but always identified as a female. Shinichi and Oogaki who grew up together with [him/her] kind of always knew it, because Satomi showed her real personality around them, but not to anyone else. In the ferris wheel, Shinichi calls Satomi out on it and tells her that something like that (identifying as female when biologically male) isn't going to change anything between the three of them; they'll still always be friends. Hearing this gave Satomi the courage to eventually go through with living as a female, since she knows that her friends will still accept her.
Are you guys literally unable to comprehend that people can be trans? Satomi is a trans woman, being trans does not equal being gay, a trans woman is a woman and since she was (is?) interested in Utsumi she is most likely straight. I wont educate you further, I hope you'll try to meet the minimum standards of being decent human beings by finding out more info yourselves.
You're right, we shouldn't get into this, but it's hard. Just a bullet point or two . . .
--Freud is ancient history; the vague idea of an unconscious mind still valuable, but the specific contents of his theories long a dead letter; they were just-so stories, not science.
--While there's always some scientific controversy over almost anything, most of those pushing hard the idea that people become gay are bigoted fundies who want to say they can "cure" people of it, which they can't although they've committed a lot of abuse trying.
Yessss. New chapters, all in series. It drives me batty to wait months to read one chapter of this.

Also, is it just me, or did his mind break on this page?
http://img.batoto.net/comics/2012/04/03/k/read4f7aeba52b057/img000013.jpg
Look at those eyes.
there are many competing theories, so lets not get into that. freud is hardly the law of the land its merely whats contemporary, but as weve seen through years many old theories are tossed out even to this day.

as for "becoming gay" some people do indeed become gay by their upbringing and many other factors such as genetics apparently, but these are all questionable ideas.
in my personal opinion there are people more predisposed to being gay, but environment plays a role as well.
i totally got mindfucked on chapter 19.5 and i still am mindfucked..i didnt get it..that satomi that was with them since childhood is the same satomi we know?was she cross dressing?or did "he" start cross dressing after????WTF I SRSLY DONT GET ITTTTTT(i am so mind fucked right now...)
Freud? Someone took freshman Psychology.
@Qerr That's what I was thinkin actually, but that seemed way too unbelievable.

But thanks for clearing that up for me.
@Purple Library Guy that dude knows something, if u should read freud's theories u will understand that better.
@Frost, you also failed to see it's the same Satomi.....
and I failed the spoiler code -.-
ch. 19.5 kinda confused me

[/spolier]I thought Satomi was their guy childhood friend and he was gay. So where does this Satomi come in? and what does Oogaki mean by the words Utsumi said to her thought the only words he said was to the guy in the ferris wheel. Sorry if this is a dumb question i just got confused when Satomi suddenly seemed to have changed gender or something.[/spoiler]
Became? What do you mean? People don't "become" gay, they just are. It's like being left handed. I'm left handed myself, and you could make me use my right hand for stuff instead but it wouldn't make me right handed.
William Kier Garcia -- arguably not your fault but you do realize you need to work on that problem, right?
i always wanted to know how he became gay o.o kinda weird
William Kier Garcia, why does it creep you out? If you say it's because she's trans, then get out.
satomis storyline is unexpectedly deep. i wonder if satomi will be making a larger impact on the story in future chapters
so that how satomi story goes....ch19.5
haha...cute but its creeps me out down to my spine...=3=
4 chapters in row, aaahhhhh~ I love this manga soooo~!!! :D Thanks Lila Wolves!
This
manga's
so
cute.
Wow so sad.. hope it isn't her mother or father that did those wounds in Haruka's forehead..
Too many chapters wasted on kiddy romance... I don't think this is what I read this manga for... at least the latest chapter seems to be back on focus ^_^

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics