Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 97votes)

Kuutei Dragons

Alt Names: alt Airborne Dragonsalt 空挺ドラゴンズalt Drifting Dragons
Author: Kuwabara Taku
Artist: Kuwabara Taku
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: It's time to see what dragon tastes like!

The crew of the airship Queen Zaza makes their living hunting dragons. Succeed, and the reward is riches and all the meat they can eat! Fail, and all that awaits them is a messy end.

Follow the grand hunting and cooking adventure of the Queen Zaza as they chase dragons across the sky!
Go to Kuutei Dragons Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

83 Comments

If you're wondering how they eat and breathe, and other science facts. Just repeat to yourself "It's just a manga. I should really just relax"

wow it's like you don't even like worldbuilding

If you're wondering how they eat and breathe, and other science facts. Just repeat to yourself "It's just a manga. I should really just relax"

Well, aside from the art that looks on par with Nausicaa, Laputa and even Jules Verne illustrations (or heavily inspired by it), it's a tough one.

It resembles whale hunting, so we are appalled, but we still lack some context to be able to judge

- Are the "dragons" (they are nothing like D&D dragons) dangerous? Meaning they can trample a town and kill people at random. It seems to be implied, but remains to be seen.

- Are they an endangered species? If there's less hunting ships than before, it could mean that the dragons are on the brink of extinction. But it's not said (yet).

- What do these dragons eat?

At the moment, it looks more like "How to train your dragon" at the beginning, where dragons are a nuisance and too numerous to count (and far from being extinct).

Also, this is a cooking manga...

So, for me, the jury is still out on this one.

Wow, I love the artwork! More adventures please! :D

That girl's reactions are priceless.

The romanticism is great, the whaling parody.... not so much. Naturalistic views regardless. I'll probably keep reading this, but this shows not seasonal hunting, but rather commercial hunting.

Dungeon Meshi... in SPAAACE?

Also, place bets, who dies first.

Also also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-45NTlgp-o

yeah, pretty much reading this while waiting for more dungeon meshi. but it looks cool in its own right

*read chapter*
*glance at comments*

T3xwOQI.gif

Autists gonna autist m8.

I don´t know how you are able of choosing such good series all the time, it´s amazing.

Ho shit insta-followed. this comic is awesome.

I don't know if they published this in a seinen magazine, but this reaaally feels more like a shounen to me.

Great art though.

Damn shame there isn't more of this author

Getting strong Miyazaki vibes from the art style and colour palette (like Nausicca). The themes and content is diametrically opposed, however.

Humans ARE a part of nature. And Nature has things kill other things for various reasons. Be it for food or for sport or research. Cats and dolphins also kill things for sport as well, not just humans.

And it's hunting fucking dragons. Do you consider adventurers going out to butcher goblins and orcs to be on the same level?

What about Monster Hunter games?

If the answer is no, you're a god damn hypocrite.

That freaking Yama Tsukami, man. I hate that guy. Though, in case of hunting whales, it's closer to Jhen Mohran.

Also want to comment that there is a fundamental difference between this series and whaling. People are in danger because of dragons, while in case of whale, not so.

I get what you're trying to say but thats bullshit.

Killing something "humanly" is relative. I've caught, killed and gutted enough fish in my time to know that living things don't like to die. Waiting for a fish to freeze to death is no more or less "humane" than tearing its guts out during its death spasms.

yep everything's relative at the end of the day and killing is killing but there are defiantly variations on brutality. Whaling is and always will be one of the most brutal methods of hunting simply cause you can't end it quickly. whether or not that ultimately matters as you said depends on the person but I do think that whaling is understandably crueler than most methods of hunting. Honestly though I never really cared about whaling.

*read chapter*

*glance at comments*

T3xwOQI.gif

Good art, bad idea - too much resemblance with whale hunting.And I don't like whale hunting, people must respect nature, not destroy.

Humans ARE a part of nature. And Nature has things kill other things for various reasons. Be it for food or for sport or research. Cats and dolphins also kill things for sport as well, not just humans.

And it's hunting fucking dragons. Do you consider adventurers going out to butcher goblins and orcs to be on the same level?

What about Monster Hunter games?

If the answer is no, you're a god damn hypocrite.

another problem with whale watching people have is the method. Most animals can be hunted and killed in a human method the problem with whales is they are to big for normal methods and method for whale hunting is pretty messed up. That being said I dnt really think traditional methods of environmental conservation should really be applied to a fantasy manga so I can't say that this bothers me.

I get what you're trying to say but thats bullshit.

Killing something "humanly" is relative. I've caught, killed and gutted enough fish in my time to know that living things don't like to die. Waiting for a fish to freeze to death is no more or less "humane" than tearing its guts out during its death spasms.

fantasy whaling manga?

insta followed 

5 stars

Good art, bad idea - too much resemblance with whale hunting.
And I don't like whale hunting, people must respect nature, not destroy.

I can see your point in this, however...

Nature lovers tend to think in the short term instead of the long term. And by that, I mean in geological terms of time.  Nature, in the long term, always finds a balance, even if it is by ways of mass extinctions, which have occurred numerous times in the history of this planet.  And Nature always comes back, even it it takes millions of years to do so.  So if man destroys the current ecosystem, he will only end up hastening his own extinction, which, in the long term of geological time, is a PERFECTLY NATURAL THING!!!  Nature will simply start over, as it has done throughout this planet's entire history.

So-called "Naturists" also tend to ignore the basic system of "Hunter-Prey" in nature that has existed throughout time.  They seem to think that we all should become vegetarians, a thing that will turn us into "Prey" animals.  I would much rather stay at or near the top of the food chain, thank you very much.

The true fallacy of the "Naturist" beliefs is shown by the fact that they accept dams built by beavers for beaver's purposes, but decry the building of dams built by humans for human's purposes.  This hypocrisy, to me, shows their true feelings of hatred for the human race and, by extension, hatred for themselves. This makes them a very sorry lot, in my opinion.

Whale hunting isn't bad by itself. People have hunted everything from deers to bears to seals to somethingsomething. Whales aren't exceptions. The problem is that whales are being overhunted, which again, isn't something exclusive to whale hunting. Overhunting anything is bad. Unless the crew is shown to be overhunting dragons, any similarities to whale hunting is superficial.

^This, plus unlike our oceans which are all polluted and dying with all sort of shit, the skys in which these dragons live seem quite clean, so they are not being fucked all over on all sides, unlike our whales and everything else.

• cab likes this

Whale hunting isn't bad by itself. People have hunted everything from deers to bears to seals to somethingsomething. Whales aren't exceptions. The problem is that whales are being overhunted, which again, isn't something exclusive to whale hunting. Overhunting anything is bad. Unless the crew is shown to be overhunting dragons, any similarities to whale hunting is superficial.

Agreed somewhat in that the manga seems to draw from whaling as a reference and inspiration. It's a window in to a whaler's worldview, considering how dangerous whaling is as a job. That said, I can't really agree with whaling as a whole, and while this manga isn't explicitly about whalng, it's too easy to see the parallels and it romanticizes the whaling way of life (which I think everyone reading this will generally agree is actually rather brutal).

Dungeon Meshi... in SPAAACE?

Also, place bets, who dies first.

Also also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-45NTlgp-o

Whale hunting isn't bad by itself. People have hunted everything from deers to bears to seals to somethingsomething. Whales aren't exceptions.

The problem is that whales are being overhunted, which again, isn't something exclusive to whale hunting. Overhunting anything is bad.

Unless the crew is shown to be overhunting dragons, any similarities to whale hunting is superficial.

another problem with whale watching people have is the method. Most animals can be hunted and killed in a human method the problem with whales is they are to big for normal methods and method for whale hunting is pretty messed up. That being said I dnt really think traditional methods of environmental conservation should really be applied to a fantasy manga so I can't say that this bothers me.

Good art, bad idea - too much resemblance with whale hunting.And I don't like whale hunting, people must respect nature, not destroy.

Whale hunting isn't bad by itself. People have hunted everything from deers to bears to seals to somethingsomething. Whales aren't exceptions.

The problem is that whales are being overhunted, which again, isn't something exclusive to whale hunting. Overhunting anything is bad.

Unless the crew is shown to be overhunting dragons, any similarities to whale hunting is superficial.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics