Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * - - (3.22 - 83votes)

Kindred

Alt Names: alt 血族王冠
Author: Guang Zai
Artist: Guang Zai
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror Horror
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description:
Go to Kindred Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

68 Comments

I'm just gonna put my two-cents saying, yes, there are things (i.e., weapon designs, characters, plot elements, typesetting, art, etc.) that could be better.

Personally, I really love the art, as it's super nostalgic, I miss manga with this style. :'( It's a bit too early to make my final judgement. I'll give it ten or so chapters.

That said, I'm weighing in on the field combat over the design of the bow and agreeing with both sides (mainly because I feel like two different points are being debated).

Spoiler

Yes, the design is flawed in terms of energy efficiency. Yes, it's a work of fiction, where anything is possible and the author might have plenty of reason to include a recurve bow that isn't strung properly. It might be so many things.

I too, am curious as to why it's strung is halfway, rather than in the proper place. I'm no archery expert so I'm willing to put this to rest if the author does come up with a decent explanation.

I'm hoping the author doesn't think the Rule of Cool (or suspension of disbelief[?]) applies to where the string is placed.... 

The first point is enogh to explain this situation cause she's an adventurerer in a work of fiction, you're bringing far too much realism to a fiction.

Second, just like the first point, if she's using a bow that doesn't seem to have enough flexibility, it means that she has to have enough strength to pull it in these conditions. With enough strength you could cut even a car in half with a Baseball Bat, and flexibility in this case doesn't imply flexibility of the material but of the bow in said conditions. Meaning while a real human couldn't flex that bow, she can

I do field archery and what you are saying makes zero sense even when related to a work of fiction.

Regardless the strenght of the character or the bow material, if you tie the string in the middle of the limbs instead at the tips you are just losing lever, draw distance, and material to store more energy, while making the bow harder to draw for no good reason or gain.

Being fiction doesnt's excuse the poor execution of elements of said fiction, especially when doing a simple google image search would have avoided it.

Pls, drop the whole flexibility talk, you oviously have no real life knoledge about how bows work.

Hats off sir, you have out-pedanted me, unfortunately though, while being wrong (which is a cardinal sin for us pedants and snobs, I might have to revoke your club membership).

The first point is remarkably silly, you're essentially saying "she is using it, so she must be able to use it", duh. The girl might be a god in disguise, the bow an illusion and she shooting arrows with her mind for all we know, but that wouldn't change the fact that the author's design for the bow is stupid, serves no purpose and would make it underperform, that is why nobody strings it like that.

Second, "too thick to have enough flexibility"? A bow HAS, by definition, to flex in order for it to shoot, the way it is she just has to flex it with less leverage (you know, work = force X distance), if you string it properly you have more draw distance so you don't need as much strenght to do the same work, this is basic physics.

The first point is enogh to explain this situation cause she's an adventurerer in a work of fiction, you're bringing far too much realism to a fiction.

Second, just like the first point, if she's using a bow that doesn't seem to have enough flexibility, it means that she has to have enough strength to pull it in these conditions. With enough strength you could cut even a car in half with a Baseball Bat, and flexibility in this case doesn't imply flexibility of the material but of the bow in said conditions. Meaning while a real human couldn't flex that bow, she can

Second, "too thick to have enough flexibility"? A bow HAS, by definition, to flex in order for it to shoot, the way it is she just has to flex it with less leverage (you know, work = force X distance), if you string it properly you have more draw distance so you don't need as much strentgh to do the same work, this is basic physics.

Agreed. If anything where she has strung it would make it significantly more difficult to draw!

Dude I feel kinda special now :^ )

Not quite. The bow is too large for her, and so you may think she may have the strength to use that large bow in such conditions.

All facts considered, I think that bowstring is actually quite perfect for her needs If we consider the fact that her bow is actually too thick to have enough flexibility

Hats off sir, you have out-pedanted me, unfortunately though, while being wrong (which is a cardinal sin for us pedants and snobs, I might have to revoke your club membership).

The first point is remarkably silly, you're essentially saying "she is using it, so she must be able to use it", duh. The girl might be a god in disguise, the bow an illusion and she shooting arrows with her mind for all we know, but that wouldn't change the fact that the author's design for the bow is stupid, serves no purpose and would make it underperform, that is why nobody strings it like that.

Second, "too thick to have enough flexibility"? A bow HAS, by definition, to flex in order for it to shoot, the way it is she just has to flex it with less leverage (you know, work = force X distance), if you string it properly you have more draw distance so you don't need as much strenght to do the same work, this is basic physics.

the story itself seems quite promising. the art is very nostalgic though. I might stay just for that!

By the gods, Saiko+ please hire people who know how to typeset... 

Well, quality is rather bad, but still, I think this move of providing legal scans is a really good one so I'll support it.

I'm here to do more meaningless nitpicking than that though:

Spoiler

Why would you tie the bow string to the middle of the limb? That is a recurve bow, you tie it on the tips so the curl bends backwards and gives you more draw length. As is, it would be stupidly hard to draw, especially for a girl, and it wouldn't be as powerful as it should because of the short distance she has to work with.

/pedantic ramble

Not quite. The bow is too large for her, and so you may think she may have the strength to use that large bow in such conditions.

All facts considered, I think that bowstring is actually quite perfect for her needs If e consider the fact that her bow is actually too thick to have enough flexibility. Although you'd indeed be right if that bow was someone else's.

I actually like it when people use a weapon in a way that only befits their skill and style.

can't say much but the typesetting is terrible. if you want people enjoy thoroughly, try to recruit an editor.

and the word "kindred" remind me of Darksouls here.
if people inside the story speak like shakespearean that would be great, haha

Took a look because it reminded me of the Vampire Race of the MMORPG Forsaken World. And I have hit the mark with that.

Edit: Finished the look. Seems interesting. But the typesetting needs work.

Well, quality is rather bad, but still, I think this move of providing legal scans is a really good one so I'll support it.

I'm here to do more meaningless nitpicking than that though:

Spoiler

Why would you tie the bow string to the middle of the limb? That is a recurve bow, you tie it on the tips so the curl bends backwards and gives you more draw length. As is, it would be stupidly hard to draw, especially for a girl, and it wouldn't be as powerful as it should because of the short distance she has to work with.

/pedantic ramble

can't say much but the typesetting is terrible. if you want people enjoy thoroughly, try to recruit an editor.

and the word "kindred" remind me of Darksouls here.
if people inside the story speak like shakespearean that would be great, haha

The Horror Tag is because of the Typesetting, isn´t it? Yes? Please!

i'm crying

looks decent

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It's all right.

Not bad at all.

The Horror Tag is because of the Typesetting, isn´t it? Yes? Please!

Awesome first chapter! Love the art style. Can't wait for more!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics