Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 314votes)

Youjo Senki

Alt Names: alt A Little Girl's Military Recordalt บันทึกสงคราม ของยัยเผด็จการalt 幼女戦記alt Die Militärischen Aufzeichnungen eines kleinen Mädchensalt 유녀 전기alt Saga Of Tanya The Evilalt 战记alt Колдунья в погонахalt Военная хроника маленькой девочки
Author: Carlo Zen
Artist: Toujou Chika
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyGender Bender Gender BenderHistorical HistoricalPsychological PsychologicalSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "There's a little girl on the foremost lines of war.

With blond hair, blue eyes and porcelain white skin this little girl mercilessly terrorizes the enemy from high above in the sky. The name of this girl is Tanya Degurechaff, and she commands the army with a cute girlish lisp.

But in reality, she is one of Japan's most elite salarymen, reborn as a little girl thanks to the whims of God. Will this little girl become the most dangerous being amongst the sorcerers of the imperial army?"

-description via /ak/ wiki

adapted from the light novel series of the same name
Go to Youjo Senki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anime New Window Perkonswolf5
  • 8 Replies
Topic Aircraft is exist in Youjo senki universe, why do they still need mages? New Window al_pacino
  • 19 Replies
Topic Technical details New Window kwendy
  • 6 Replies

706 Comments

Feels like each chapter of the manga is roughly equal to each chapter of the novel which is skipping a shit ton because the novel's chapters are long as hell.

Well to be honest all it is skipping is page after page of unecessary sometimes repeated exposition that doeasn't really affect the story very much. So i would call it a pretty good adaption. I like the story but the authors way of writing is just painful to read.

The pacing is way off and scenes feels disconnected. It has a different mood and thinking compared to the LN. Still, the art style is pretty good and I want to see more Tanya and battle art. The Bureau of Staff scenes was humorous. Though I'm not expecting it to be the LN.

Feels like each chapter of the manga is roughly equal to each chapter of the novel which is skipping a shit ton because the novel's chapters are long as hell.

Anime confirmed.

look at her eyes, those beautiful madness deep within.

Followed this before I even read the first page.

Pretty sure it's intentional. It's kinda obvious that the setting of this story is notGerman.

Now that I think of it, this chapter proves that, quoting a certain cyborg nazi, GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD!

d857d7bb21ed53de9017258b78400cc3.jpg

The pacing is way off and scenes feels disconnected. It has a different mood and thinking compared to the LN. Still, the art style is pretty good and I want to see more Tanya and battle art. The Bureau of Staff scenes was humorous. Though I'm not expecting it to be the LN.

the swastika is more seen as a religious symbol in Asia and is more affiliated with Hinduism and Buddhism there, in this context and a western mindset however, it's chosen a bit... unfortunatly?  

Pretty sure it's intentional. It's kinda obvious that the setting of this story is notGerman.

Now that I think of it, this chapter proves that, quoting a certain cyborg nazi, GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD!

Sieg heil, anyone?

Spoiler

the swastika is more seen as a religious symbol in Asia and is more affiliated with Hinduism and Buddhism there, in this context and a western mindset however, it's chosen a bit... unfortunatly?  

Sieg heil, anyone?

Spoiler

I like it. Sure, it's a little bit hard to follow and I sometimes need to reread stuff in order to understand it, but the concept of this series is too interesting to pass up, honestly. Keep up the good work!

Pretty weird and a bit difficult to follow, but I'm enjoying the story so far.

Hm.

Sorry that some of you are not liking the series so far. Yes, I'll agree it does have some faults in terms of character development and the blocks of text, but I think it will work itself out in the long run.

And just giving a little /ak/ status update here while I'm at it:

-Ribbon Warrior will be resuming shortly, we just have to work out a few staff issues.

-Groundless will resume work this weekend, with some new surprises in terms of story-line and of actual quality of the work we do.

-Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There is being worked on. It's been slow for updates, but a few scripts were recently finished.

If anyone has more questions about any other /ak/ projects: send a reply via PM, or on one of the threads we use. We'll be sure to answer it!

The panel arrangement is just plain awful.

great art bad adaptation... damn

After another chapter? Dropped. It's another typical LN adaptation, chaotic panels, plot on par with 13-yo fanfiction, characters are so simple that they cannot be even called 2d ... nope, nope, nope. Pretty art is not everything.

As a reader of the LN : (urg I hate writing that)

Bad points : the LN is really long winded, (the manga tries to adapt it but it fails a bit) and the motivations of the characters change between the manga and LN.

Good points : damn, it's pretty funny seeing her face and getting annoyed at the gods toying with her.

I think I'll drop after the third chapter because I'd rather read the novel translation first even if it's slow as fuck.

After another chapter? Dropped. It's another typical LN adaptation, chaotic panels, plot on par with 13-yo fanfiction, characters are so simple that they cannot be even called 2d ... nope, nope, nope. Pretty art is not everything.

For all the praise people are giving this manga in the comments: I don't see it.

Its like someone spent a couple months lurking on military and religious forums, copied anything meme-able and made a story out of it. (A Japanese author is poking fun at the Italian Red Devil? Seriously? Japanese grenades were so prone to misfires, Japanese soldiers would literally blow their own heads off when they primed the grenade on their helmets.)

Heil Tanya

Truly incredible artwork. Whoever is doing the illustration really made this manga adaption incredible. I would this say that it isn't in any way worse than the light novel. Most adaptions lose something but this manga managed to express more character depth for Tanya and other through its illustrations. I honestly can't praise it enough.

Good art but...LN origin...isekai...loli genderbend... I should hate this but somehow I'm really intrigued. The execution has a certain panache, flair? I don't know what the proper word should be but this manga does something very right. Like how a b-movie script becomes something so much more in the hands of a Tarrantino. The art is great too but that was apparent from page one. Oh and a shoutout to /ak/ scans. I love groundless and your always amusing credit pages.

That's how you kill an interesting story I guess.

It's like author had some good ideas for characters, story etc. Then he just decided to put them all together adding what people like... it's horrendous and interesting at the same time. Also, art is really good.

Mädchen ;)

I'll take that correction! :D

Mädchen ;)

Heil Grammatik!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics