Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.34 - 73votes)

Arata Kangatari

Alt Names: alt Arata: the Legendalt อาราตะตำนานเทพแห่งดาบalt アラタカンガタリ~革神語alt アラタ カンガタリ~革神語~alt 革神语
Author: Watase Yuu
Artist: Watase Yuu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Every 30 years, a new princess is chosen from the Hime family to serve the Hayagami. The time has come again, but over these past years, records state not a single female has been born, save for one, the 15 year old Arata. The only problem is, Arata is actually a male! Forced to disguise himself and take the place of the princess candidate until a formal one can be found, he attends the festival only to witness the current princess, Kokuri-hime, murdered, and his own life is forfeit as well, by the hands of the princess' personal guard, the 12 Shinshou. As he runs for his life, Kannagi of the 12 convinces everyone that Arata is the one who has murdered the princess instead, and now everyone in the Imperial Court is after his head! Now, another Arata from our world has crossed over in Arata's place! How did this happen, and how will these two survive?
Go to Arata Kangatari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Tragedies of being a shion, and killers & thieves are still good guys. New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic What is a zou shou New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic [Spoilers] General Rants and Thoughts? New Window omnipwnage
  • 2 Replies
Topic Anime for Summer 2013 New Window Vance Finiraldi
  • 0 Replies

116 Comments

So, at what chapter the anime ends? (i.e. where should I start reading from after watching the anime?)

I hate it when authors pull that move where they use a character to introduce the actual MC. I invest myself rather early into characters (Akame ga Kiru helps against that) immediately hate the new guy and effectivily drop the manga, book, etc. even if the outlook was great.

12 episodes for the anime.. basically a teaser for the manga..

that cosplay at the last page hurt my eyes

Just watched the anime on crunchyroll now for the manga :D

@NoOneSaid

Well there are 4 of the zokushou so....I'm thinking that the mangaka just drew one too many. 

wahh.. either TL did it quickly or didn't have it proof read. I see a couple of mistakes... especially the end where they name four hayagami and say there's five while also having a picture of five hayagamis... unless arata holds one too, that confused the hell out of me for a couple of minutes there

ah.. another cute chara tossed aside just like that..

I can't take Arata seriously dressed like that. I feel he should be singing the Y.M.C.A. song more than anything else.

I just realized that Arata's also fucked if his iPod freezes up. lol
see i told you, ipod saves people from elements!
it saves you from lightning even from perverted sound waves
Why is this story going on a weird direction..
the clotches ripping makes me feels like reading Mahou sensei negima
Lol, Hard Gay mode activate.
I've kinda noticed this for awhile, but with this whole 7 deadly guitars and drums thing, I got to say this story is kind of deteriorating. It looks nothing like the first couple of chapters, and its not updated enough for me to really follow along. I have to say I'm struggling to hold on to this one.
...I just find it hilarious that Arata's success at the moment rests on whether or not he can get shit done before his iPod's battery is drained. XD;;
Posted Image That We've Got This look. xD
@Hellion Twins: Don't worry, in final fight, after all the flashy shows of Orochi and Tsukuyo, it's gonna come to fist fight for sure. That pretty much all how friend-turned-rival relationships fix itself
Can't they just punch each other in the face like normal high school guys do?
Ugh, it's like Naruto vs Sasuke backwards.

I hope when they finally meet Arata wipes this floor with that little douchebag without even breaking a sweat.
Page 2 Arata looks like he's tenting...
@Hellion Twins: I think it's more because we rarely see Arata display a look of exuberating confidence, rather than his face being "chibified" as you phrased it.
Wait. Why can't all the panels of the MC be like the last big panel?
It's like his face gets chibified whenever he's not being cool.
Mother of God indeed

those hayagami are all so hot
all the hayagami are hot babes !!!
Posted Image

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics