Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 389votes)

Made in Abyss

Alt Names: alt メイドインアビスalt Φτιαγμένο στην Άβυσσοalt Made in Abyssalt 来自深渊
Author: Tsukushi Akihito
Artist: Tsukushi Akihito
Genres: Adventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorMystery MysterySci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The enormous cave system, known as the Abyss, is the last unexplored place in the world. Nobody knows how deep down goes this titanic pit, inhabited by strange and wondrous creatures and full of mysterious ancient relics which purpose in unknown to modern man. Generations of bold adventurers have been drawn by the cryptic depths of the Abyss. In course of time those brave enough to explore the dangerous pit came to be known as "Delvers."

In Orth, the town at the edge of the Abyss, there lives a little orphan named Riko, who dreams of becoming as great a delver as her mother was and solving the great mystery of the pit. One day exploring the murky depths she stumbles upon a little boy, who turns out to be a robot...

http://mangalifewin.takeshobo.co.jp/rensai/madeinabyss/
Go to Made in Abyss Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The Nature of the Curse New Window Bluespheal
  • 2 Replies
Topic Tukushi Akihito's art New Window homogenized
  • 3 Replies
Topic Curse range New Window Brightamethyst
  • 3 Replies
Topic Time dilation New Window RBT
  • 4 Replies
Topic Old ladies a super sadistic pervert New Window truepurple
  • 39 Replies
Topic Faputa is the narehate of Riko New Window smol potato
  • 5 Replies

592 Comments

what's wrong with the site? no image is coming up on any manga I click on.

Chapter 44 is here. Enjoy it on bato.to in its final days. Who knows where will you be reading next one?

Finally started reading it after watching the anime and tbh I have to agree It can get annoying or unnecessary to see the author's fetishes so rampant in the story. 

Sadly I'm also catched up with this right about when I was going to drop it lmao so whatever I guess...

Huh, I could have sworn there was some semblance of regularity.

Oh well.

Is there no chapter this month or what?

The chapter comes out whenever Tsukushi feels like drawing.

There's no set release date. We could get 1 chapter a year if he wants.

Is there no chapter this month or what?

Wait, wait. I got this.

Spoiler

Okay, a couple of things here. First off, what part of putting giant-ass images in spoilers is hard to understand?

Second, that's not really relevant to the discussion we were having. The discussion was about sexualizing children, not sexual violence against women, and nobody was talking about banning anything.

People have every right to discuss discomfort with the content of the manga. The characters are at points depicted in a sexualized manner, and not for the purpose of plot progression but seemingly just as fanservice and/or a joke. That being the case, of course people would want to talk about adding the ecchi tag as well as bringing up their concerns in general about normalizing this kind of thing.

Nobody was saying this comic should be taken down or even that they hate it, just that they find those parts unnecessary and were disturbed by the cavalier approach the mangaka took in depicting such things.

Wait, wait. I got this.

y7X5IB7.jpg

IN OTHER WORDS :

ANYONE WHO CAN'T DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN FICTION AND REALITY NEED TO BE IGNORED SINCE THEIR OPINION ONLY WORTH A SHIT !! AND RATHER THAN SUPPORTING FICTIONAL CHARACTER BETTER FIX ANY REAL LIFE PROBLEM AROUND YOU INSTEAD !!

Final words on there guys ...

Fuck off, in OUR real world, kids get raped, tortured, and none of us do jack shit to stop it, so dont fucking come here with you "muh sexualization"

So basically what you're saying is "Worse things happen so therefore I get to ignore your argument."

Just because there are things out there that are worse doesn't make a point any less valid. Personally reading this I've felt pretty uncomfortable at times, because it feels like some of this isn't so much related to the story as it is just sexualizing child characters as a sort of fucked up fanservice.

Spoiler

Now whether you feel this means this manga should get an ecchi tag or serious concerns should be raised about the sexualization of children is up to debate, but it's childish to act like people don't have a legitimate reason to feel uncomfortable just because it didn't bother you.

Wait, wait. I got this.

y7X5IB7.jpg

Fuck off, in OUR real world, kids get raped, tortured, and none of us do jack shit to stop it, so dont fucking come here with you "muh sexualization"

What the fuck lol. Is this a self-own?

So basically what you're saying is "Worse things happen so therefore I get to ignore your argument."

Just because there are things out there that are worse doesn't make a point any less valid. Personally reading this I've felt pretty uncomfortable at times, because it feels like some of this isn't so much related to the story as it is just sexualizing child characters as a sort of fucked up fanservice.

Spoiler

Now whether you feel this means this manga should get an ecchi tag or serious concerns should be raised about the sexualization of children is up to debate, but it's childish to act like people don't have a legitimate reason to feel uncomfortable just because it didn't bother you.

The way things are going, I wonder if the author will top the glory of best dad?

some ppl are way too desensitized to sexualization of children here lmao something can be dark and edgy without the blatant pedophilic imagery ok. if it was a story with adults then sure, but aren't the disturbing/violent parts enough without the sexualization?? just adds a whole entire unnecessary fetish layer to the manga. but ppl are just gonna chalk it up to it be a precedent in anime/manga or it being fictional characters anyway so why do I even bother tbh.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm not complaining about "thinking," but rather having to guess at what the hell the author was trying to get across. We shouldn't have to conjecture about huge plot points. I love a good mystery, but bombarding the reader with obscure mechanics over and over again without explanation does not make for a satisfying narrative.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I think there is a point to the post though.  Nanachi tends to skip steps in logic when reasoning things out and being the exposition character.  It does take a little thinking to figure out what she's referring to sometimes.

The rest I'd say is meant to be a mystery/confusing.  It's a shame they didn't press Bondrewd for more information, but I can see why they wouldn't/couldn't.

This manga becomes convoluted and borderline incomprehensible during the Bondrewd arc.

Spoiler

This manga becomes convoluted and borderline incomprehensible during the Bondrewd arc.

some ppl are way too desensitized to sexualization of children here lmao something can be dark and edgy without the blatant pedophilic imagery ok. if it was a story with adults then sure, but aren't the disturbing/violent parts enough without the sexualization?? just adds a whole entire unnecessary fetish layer to the manga. but ppl are just gonna chalk it up to it be a precedent in anime/manga or it being fictional characters anyway so why do I even bother tbh.

3 words:

Mai-chan's Daily Life 

Just a random question but does the anime have "An original anime ending" or does it just stop at a certain chapter??

Stops at a certain chapter.

Spoiler

Just a random question but does the anime have "An original anime ending" or does it just stop at a certain chapter??

Wha..? who add the ecchi tag? Is it already there all this time? I don't think this is "ecchi" manga.. It doesn't even focused on sexual exposure.. Seriously, this is not worth of considered as "ecchi".. Even if you see riko's nipples, it's not like that happened every chapter, it doesn't even try to arouse people.. and the most important is..
Spoiler

Seeking a redrawer for the author's oneshot. Msg me.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics