Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 175votes)

Bloom into You

Alt Names: alt สุดท้ายก็คือเธอalt やがて君になるalt Eventually, I Will Become Yoursalt 이윽고 네가 된다alt Sonunda, Senin Olacağımalt YagaKimialt Yagate Kimi ni Narualt 最終我成為了妳
Author: Nakatani Nio
Artist: Nakatani Nio
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Ai Shoujo AiSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Koito Yuu who recently became a high school student was asked to help the student council, where she meets its seemingly flawless president Nanami Touko.

However, Touko is more fragile than she looks and ends up falling in love with Yuu, but the latter seems unable to reciprocate. Yet, she doesn't reject Touko's feelings and develops a strange relationship with her...
Go to Bloom into You Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [SPOILERS] Recent Chapter Discussion New Window Gnocchos
  • 20 Replies

193 Comments

MC is really an oddly tepid girl.  It makes the story feel weirdly weak.  But on the other hand, it does make things pretty different, more different than seems.   I mean, the whole story line, instead of being about "Can MC gain her heart's desire?" becomes "Can MC gain the ability to have a heart's desire?"

From my modest knowledge of the language, a literal word-for-word translation of the title would be "Eventually I will become you".

In context of the story the meaning would stay the same anyway. It would be just a bit more subtle.

Spoiler

From my modest knowledge of the language, a literal word-for-word translation of the title would be "Eventually I will become you".

Yet I seem to indeed vaguely recall hearing such sentences structures being used as possessive declarations in practice. If someone with a more robust knowledge of the language could tell me whether I'm just overthinking things I'd appreciate it.

These are my thoughts:
because its in informal/casual japanese it sounds more natural to them not including ”の”. Its like the character her self is relaying the message that hey girl "Eventually, I will Become yours" "you read the mood I don't need to add ”の” for you to understand". It also shows how deep the relationship is to be able to just blank out the ”の”. 
*Anyone also knowledgeable in the japanese language. Feel free to add your inputs because I would like to learn something new :) 

Yet I seem to indeed vaguely recall hearing such sentences structures being used as possessive declarations in practice. If someone with a more robust knowledge of the language could tell me whether I'm just overthinking things I'd appreciate it.

How come Yaoi and Yuri, espeically Yaoi, always have the most provocative titles. If there's a manga called "Stick it in me," its 1000% gonna be Yaoi. I suppose the entire draw of these type of works is mostly sexual so there's not really much else going on?

People think of yuri and yaoi as sort of mirrors of each other, but I really don't think they are.  On the specific, I think titles like that are actually pretty rare in yuri.  On the more general, I think the history and marketing of yuri and yaoi aren't very parallel.  

Spoiler

The artwork looks very similar to Ponkan8's.

How come Yaoi and Yuri, espeically Yaoi, always have the most provocative titles. If there's a manga called "Stick it in me," its 1000% gonna be Yaoi. I suppose the entire draw of these type of works is mostly sexual so there's not really much else going on?

The art isn't bad, it just seems to me that their faces aren't really expressive when she's with the senpai. Also the plot about that guy's confession didn't interested me at all, and the end of the chapter is really weird IMO.

The way I saw it the confessions from the guys being so ambiguous and uninteresting sort of reflects how the girls felt when they were being confessed too. 

It for whatever reason didn't ignite the sparks she thought she'd feel, possibly hinting that she might not be attracted to guys or at the very least she didn't feel he was the "special someone".

That's also why I think the last couple of pages has sparkles and what not, the confession from the senpai seems to be different from what she felt from the confession of the guy.

Looks alright. Quite liked the use of neutral colours on the opening pages. Not sure why people are debating the art, it's pretty normal, there's nothing unusual or extraordinary about it. Too early to judge the story.  

I've never been a huge art connoisseur, and I'm pretty flexible when it comes to art style I get along with.  I like shoujo huge-eyes just fine, I like josei more realistic look fine, I can get used to most of the old-school styles, I'm OK with shounen emphasize-every-curve art if there's anything actually going on.  I don't really notice anything much about this art that's unusual; it seems more skilled than not, fairly solidly in the shoujo camp.  Maybe a little stiff sometimes, but not much, and someone over at Dynasty noticed that it seems to use some greying-out effects to suggest the MCs alienation when she's feeling disconnected.  I would never have noticed, but it's clever.  Plus there's one odd frame where the mangaka pulls something I've never seen before (and that don't happen often any more):  In a mainly completely realist manga, she violates reality to show the MC's emotional distance from her friends in a literal way, suddenly having her desk be across the room for a moment as she looks at them from far away.  Kind of neat.

As to the manga itself--too early to tell, but I like it so far.  Interesting that the cool, collected sempai may actually be anything but, under the surface.

"why are there guys in this shoujo ai"

maybe you should read yuri that caters more to male readers :v

Delicious

I usually follow shoujo ai really easily but I don't really know about this one, I don't really like the art, nor the plot.

IMO, it's fine to me. Really like shoujo ai and can't seem to stop following them. It really depends on the story for me, but I can see why some ppl like or doesnt like the art

Oh sweet, Rireba made his professional debut!

Not sure what you don't like about that art. I thought the art would be really terrible when I read your comment but it seems fine. The plot, I suppose depends on individuals.

The art isn't bad, it just seems to me that their faces aren't really expressive when she's with the senpai. Also the plot about that guy's confession didn't interested me at all, and the end of the chapter is really weird IMO.

It's a bit odd how the primary plot-driving force of the first chapter consists of romantic confessions by guys, but thankfully, this author has a good track record for yuri. Their doujin work (Rireba) is excellent, and it'll be interesting to see how they handle a serialization.

I usually follow shoujo ai really easily but I don't really know about this one, I don't really like the art, nor the plot.

Not sure what you don't like about that art. I thought the art would be really terrible when I read your comment but it seems fine. The plot, I suppose depends on individuals.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics