Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 114votes)

Suijin no Hanayome

Alt Names: alt Bride of the Water Godalt 수신의 제물alt La Novia del Dios del Aguaalt Pengantin Dewa Airalt Su Tanrısının Gelinialt Suijin no Ikeniealt The Water Dragon's Bridealt 水神の生贄(はなよめ)alt 水神的祭品alt Невеста бога воды
Author: Toma Rei
Artist: Toma Rei
Genres: Drama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story of a girl who slips back in time to a different era. While playing in her family's garden, Asahi gets sucked in by the small pond and when she wakes up she finds herself in a place that seems like Japan from ancient times. A powerful clan takes her in, but the reason for their kindness is that they intend to sacrifice her to the water god, the dragon, to be his bride... Now that she is at the mercy of a god who appears to know no compassion, what will Asahi's fate be?
Go to Suijin no Hanayome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic So I was just wondering. Ship wise. What are everyone's feelings? New Window Koriru
  • 2 Replies

142 Comments

You know what really bothers me?

Spoiler

I don't exactly have an argument with that, but I do have a technicality to note:  We don't know she's in the past.  In fact, I kind of doubt it although that's mostly a gut thing.  Seems more like just some kind of fantasy world.  I mean, it could be some generic primitive early-agricultural tribe in the actual past, we don't have enough information to know, but it could also be "elsewhere", Narnia style.  It certainly isn't any, I dunno, specific place/time in the past that I've ever heard of.

Spoiler

Yeah. And doubt it, but if anything... maybe "in the end". 

You know what really bothers me?

Spoiler

In any case, I definitely don't want her to end up with the water god. Human-immortal marriages don't tend to work so well unless the immortal manages to make the human immortal too, and more importantly, the water god is a dick. What I'd really like is for her to be returned to the future where she belongs rather than being trapped in the past for the rest of her life. I'd be cool with Subaru tagging along and coming with her or with them parting ways.

Well, it's in the title. Bride of the Water God. Unless we get a sequel, "Bride of the Black Haired Boy", we know what to expect.

Spoiler

Well this chapter in aprticular was very difficult translation wise, hope it doesnt bother too much

So i got time now, the chapters should come out every 3 days or so

Yeah i dont have the time right now.

End of July ill be on vacation, before that Ill have time.

So I plan to finish up to chapter 16, wich is as far as Blackbird no Fansub is, till then

Thanks for your hard work. Good luck with stuff IRL!

Yeah i dont have the time right now.

End of July ill be on vacation, before that Ill have time.

So I plan to finish up to chapter 16, wich is as far as Blackbird no Fansub is, till then

What slog.  You know the black haired boy has no chance.  What a waste of time, his family turning against him and him going through all this just for her to probably run off with the bishie douche.  

Well, it's in the title. Bride of the Water God. Unless we get a sequel, "Bride of the Black Haired Boy", we know what to expect.

Spoiler

What slog.  You know the black haired boy has no chance.  What a waste of time, his family turning against him and him going through all this just for her to probably run off with the bishie douche.  

Well this douche has a very good job, so it's hard to blame her...

A job for life, his own boss, salary is infinite... not bad.

Reminds me of the last part of the 40k intro:

Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war.

Spoiler

The anti-human messaging? In this case, history is portrayed as full of war and suffering. I'm not sure if I'd call that "anti-human messaging", it's a pretty simple observation. It doesn't feel like the author is making a point that humanity is inherently evil.

Yes, there are characters who espouse hatred and contempt for humans - and they're even worse! If anything, I'd say this story is unusual for it's awful portrayal of the gods. They're capricious, uncaring, and perhaps even downright cruel. Up till now, at least, I'd always assumed that the water god's image of humans as worthless and barbaric reflect's more on his heartlessness than it does on the author's intended message.

Reminds me of the last part of the 40k intro:

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

This story seems more about commenting on the tragedy of reality then of humans. People fight, the gods laugh, and nothing changes forever.

Am I the only person who gets tired of the anti-human messaging in any manga dealing with war/conflict? Meh. Anyway, I like the reasoning behind why the water god went and gave Asahi her voice back - I'm just surprised he didn't do it earlier (seriously, chicks do some inexplicable stuff ALL THE TIME). I'm sure the manga will carry through with the idea that this is the equivalent of "putting a ring on it," to quote the sage.

The anti-human messaging? In this case, history is portrayed as full of war and suffering. I'm not sure if I'd call that "anti-human messaging", it's a pretty simple observation. It doesn't feel like the author is making a point that humanity is inherently evil.

Yes, there are characters who espouse hatred and contempt for humans - and they're even worse! If anything, I'd say this story is unusual for it's awful portrayal of the gods. They're capricious, uncaring, and perhaps even downright cruel. Up till now, at least, I'd always assumed that the water god's image of humans as worthless and barbaric reflect's more on his heartlessness than it does on the author's intended message.

Am I the only person who gets tired of the anti-human messaging in any manga dealing with war/conflict? Meh. Anyway, I like the reasoning behind why the water god went and gave Asahi her voice back - I'm just surprised he didn't do it earlier (seriously, chicks do some inexplicable stuff ALL THE TIME). I'm sure the manga will carry through with the idea that this is the equivalent of "putting a ring on it," to quote the sage.

Not much to add.

Well depending on my not studying ...

next chapter will come some time next week

They were probably referencing the end of chapter nine.

I was- and as I predicted, it didn't work out for them.

I did not see that coming ...

Well anyways, there you go

Do elaborate

They were probably referencing the end of chapter nine.

"If we steal the girl loved by the God of water we will surely thrive"

uhhhhh.. probably not, moron.  Man that world is full of idiots.

Eh, by the logic of most shamanic belief systems, they aren't far wrong - however, they don't know the particulars of this priestess. Hell, if they figure out the connection, they might be in a place to bargain with the water god by treating her with utmost respect and giving her a better life.

Subaru, on the other hand, is gonna murder the f*** out of them.

"If we steal the girl loved by the God of water we will surely thrive"

uhhhhh.. probably not, moron.  Man that world is full of idiots.

Thanks for all of your hard work and effort you put into this. I hope that you pass your exams!

Pretty sure that's not how this works buddy.

Do elaborate

Pretty sure that's not how this works buddy.

Well chapter 9 in all its glory and another FYI

I have exams coming up and as i said in the chapter im solo atm.

I will try to finish another chapter by next saturday,

but I dont like the chances.

If theres a lot of text and redrawing involved again,

it could take up to 3 weeks.

Well till next chapter

You know, the most tragic thing about this story is that while the water god cannot be said to have malevolent intentions, and from his perspective, is trying to be good, his thought process is so far removed from that of humanity he comes across as so.

Well for me the true tragic lay in the fact that she still end up used by the full-fledged j*ck*sses villagers and seems to be content with that.

(Those lastest chapters so far remind be of the lyrics for soothsayer from Zack Hemzey)

• RSD likes this

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics