Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 34votes)

Ugly Duckling

Alt Names: alt 못난 오리
Author: Lee Sul Gi
Artist: Lee Sul Gi
Genres: Comedy ComedyPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural SupernaturalWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Ori is the main character of an unfinished story written by "Grandfather". So far, she's lived the life of one being bullied, and hates herself for being unable to stand up for herself. An unnamed male is given the task to finish her story, and we'll see how Ori's life will continue from here!
Go to Ugly Duckling Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

44 Comments

i love this story wow.

It's sad how i'm the only one commenting over and over again. This story deserves more attention. Thanks for the translation btw, really appreciate it
See ya next year i guess ;.;

nice, thanks Träumerei Scans to pickk up this manhwa

Neat.

Holy creamy, this got a nice story

Holy koly, thank you!

Holy Shit. It's an update.

uinique story and art, love it!

I really really enjoy this, the art style is great, that mix between detail and sketch, and the concept is brilliant, thanks for you work translating this!!

it's adorkable. let's see how the story's story will develop  :]

I like the concept of this story. 

the idea that the story is constantly changing as you're writing it instead of the characters being frozen in time or something until you write the next part is neat.

Of course, if the writers are such terrible people, what does that make the readers who actually enjoys watching the sick sadistic show?

Actually, sarcasm aside, it is fascinating that after--and only after--reading enough well-written stories one gets exited about the emotional tension series like this provide. I know instinctively that very interesting things can happen with this sort of setup, making it intriguing instead of unbearable (which is what I would have found it when I was younger).

It follows, a bit absurdly, that reading good writing slowly makes you a terrible person, through trained expectation response.

Anyways, this "Grandfather" character is not only a sick sadistic fuck for writing her story like that but he's also a lazy cunt for not finishing it. Fuckin' hell.

First off this bullied plot isn't new it's entirely likely it was going to get much better sometimes it has to start bad to get good. Remember he was writing a story to be read by other people.

Secondly he didn't decide not to finish it. HE DIED SUDDENLY unable to finish it

I love it! It's like turning a reaper into a guardian angel.
Anyways, this "Grandfather" character is not only a sick sadistic fuck for writing her story like that but he's also a lazy cunt for not finishing it. Fuckin' hell.

Yes that's right.The writer is a sick sadistic fuck, we all are. We take our characters and break their minds, their bodies, their hearts; we put them between a rock and a hard place and squeeze them mercilessly. When respite comes it's brief and never, ever, enough. We work hard, days on end, on all that torture for the characters we love like children just to have the ill luck to die before finishing our work, no wait that's sheer laziness on our part because of course with all our dubious power we've got control of our own deaths too.

And of course we do all that for immense gains.

I love it!

We kill our darlings for just one line of encouragement. Torture, maim and twist, all for one little "oh, it's kind of interesting." Because when we're nice it's just not going to entertain.

Of course, if the writers are such terrible people, what does that make the readers who actually enjoys watching the sick sadistic show?

No worries, no judgement, that's just the mechanics of entertainment.

Well, we have no idea what his circumstances were yet. For instance, he could have been just writing a novel like a normal novelist, with no idea of the consequences. In which case he would be equally as evil as the author of this story :'p

It's really interesting and the art is good :)
I love it! It's like turning a reaper into a guardian angel.

Interesting beginning, let's see how this goes.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics