Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.17 - 46votes)

Desolate Era

Alt Names: alt Age of Desolationalt Desolate Eraalt 莽荒纪alt Mang Huang Ji
Author: I Eat Tomatoes
Artist: Mo Wen
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial Arts
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: In the world of [Man Huang Ji], to survive, tribes of humans have to fight against the forces of the heavens, the earth, and demons. To live long and free, the three great disasters and nine robberies sent death without regret to the immortals. Then one day, a boy named "Ji Shi" was born to the strongest tribe in Yu Ji. As a direct descendant, he bears the responsibility to protect his people, who grow to respect him. With an iron will, he begins the long journey of an immortal guardian.

Official Webcomic: ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/522580
Go to Desolate Era Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Desolate Era dropped by SLS New Window silverdust
  • 0 Replies
Topic Novel Desolate Era New Window Nefrytone
  • 2 Replies

54 Comments

Sorry guys, I accidentily only did the 1st part of the chapter. Starboardscans is rushing to finish the chapter now. The updated chapter should be out within the next 3-4 days.

I feel like chapter 3 is only half a chapter???

Actually.. I dunno if this is the entire chapter, after all from the second half of chapter 3 onwards, you have to pay to see.

Yeah but it much lesser than previous two chapters.

It's actually pretty common for Chinese Manhua/Webtoons chapters to be this... limited.

It's actually pretty common for Chinese Manhua/Webtoons chapters to be this... limited.

Chinese really know how to do eye candy. Also, it must be a b*tch for whoever has to maintain the premises to clean up what the giant snake knocks over.

Oh man. I thought my family reunions were bad, but they've got monster sized animals as uncles? Can't wait to see the mother-in-law.

are you talking about ch. 1? or have you found the raws? because in in the ch. here i haven't seen anything that suggests he's not using swords. (also he didn't get the magic swords till some time after he killed that wolf if thats what you're refering to. i think anyway. IET squishes so many things into the same relative timeframe i sometimes get things mixed up. still Ji only uses regular swords against that wolf anyway.)

I was talking about the fight with the wolf in chapter one. When he refered to his blade as being powerful (rather than himself or his technique) right after showing it with a bunch of magic runes on it and a magical glow of some sort coursing along it, I took that to mean that it was a magic sword. Which I still believe is the most logical interpretation given the facts at hand. Its possible that I'm misinterpreting it of course, and I hope I am, but that just makes it bad writing of a different sort.

really? i pictured her as an old grandma since that's how i remembered her being described. i dunno, maybe i read it wrong. or maybe im used to classical type chinese characters from movies and such were they look older and more wize and such.

edit: woops, hate it when my mind plays tricks on me. thought you were talking about the grandma meng in the reincarnation place. at least ahuor knew who i was talking about. but yeah nuwa looks good. right about of general beauty with chinese accents.

lol based on the art style used for the "important people" so far, i think it would be safe to assume that even if they are old/grandma's they will still look relatively attractive xD It's the problem with associating with immortals, you really can't judge them by their appearances xD

meng looks kind of interesting and much younger than i imagined xD but yeah,  nuwa needs more justice done for her beauty :P

right now i'm wondering how long until the manhua diverges from the LN, which will tell us just how much we should expect to remain the same, the later it diverges the more similarities we could assume to exist later on.

It's...good? Art for those two chapters is really good !

really? i pictured her as an old grandma since that's how i remembered her being decribed. i dunno, maybe i read it wrong. or maybe im used to classical type chinese characters from movies and such were they look older and more wize and such.

Yeah, thats what I thought too. I was translating it, and thought to myself 'Should i just call her Meng instead of Grandma Meng'. I was kinda confused, but I just went with the original text.

edit: at the very least nuwa looks nearly as good as i pictured her :S too bad that any role involving her probably won't happen any time soon :(

really? i pictured her as an old grandma since that's how i remembered her being described. i dunno, maybe i read it wrong. or maybe im used to classical type chinese characters from movies and such were they look older and more wize and such.

edit: woops, hate it when my mind plays tricks on me. thought you were talking about the grandma meng in the reincarnation place. at least ahuor knew who i was talking about. but yeah nuwa looks good. right about of general beauty with chinese accents.

oh good lord no... they weren't satisfied butchering a single one of his novels so they chose to keep attacking???

pleasepleasepleaseplease..... 1 hour later... pleasepleasePLEASE be better then the coiling dragon one in terms of quality >.<"

edit: at the very least nuwa looks nearly as good as i pictured her :S too bad that any role involving her probably won't happen any time soon :(

anyone knows of a team Trad this novel?

Should change the name to Desolate Era to attract more reader who know the novel.

The Heaven's way in the first chapter should be changed to The Deva Realm for consistency with the novel. 

no plz >_<

I've given up on these treating the source material as anything more than a suggestion.

Though, honestly, the only thing that truly offends me is the first few pages. It seems like they're planning to discard his self reliance for magic swords. Though that could just be bad writing. There's still time for them to not throw away one of the difining characteristics of the main character.

are you talking about ch. 1? or have you found the raws? because in in the ch. here i haven't seen anything that suggests he's not using swords. (also he didn't get the magic swords till some time after he killed that wolf if thats what you're refering to. i think anyway. IET squishes so many things into the same relative timeframe i sometimes get things mixed up. still Ji only uses regular swords against that wolf anyway.)

Should change the name to Desolate Era to attract more reader who know the novel.

The Heaven's way in the first chapter should be changed to The Deva Realm for consistency with the novel. 

nah i would leave it as is for now. if this vears too far off from the original like with coiling dragon, it's probably better if people don't see the connection.
while i agree that heaven's path sounds wrong to me, for all i know thats the terms that were used in the manhua. of course calling a realm a path is wrong, at least in the english language. realm meaning a seperate space/being of existence. and path meaning a road of travel either litteral or metaphoracle.

I've given up on these treating the source material as anything more than a suggestion.

Though, honestly, the only thing that truly offends me is the first few pages. It seems like they're planning to discard his self reliance for magic swords. Though that could just be bad writing. There's still time for them to not throw away one of the difining characteristics of the main character.

Another one to ruin a decent novel :<

don't like don't read

wooow... another work of I Eat Tomatoes. nice

on going novel http://www.fs23.com/dudu/0/215

Another one to ruin a decent novel :<

it's funny, compared to other MC's, IET's MC's are all OP as hell, but in his stories they are almost constantly fighting to stay alive. probably why i like his stories so much.

of course for this story, the MC is WAY more broken than any others before. WAY MORE!!!!

Ahh, I thought as much from the names in the description, but it looks like this is Desolate Era (which is being translated by IEatWatermelons).

yep its that one.

ooh its this one. I just started reading this. MC got op real quick in this

one more manhua,i sincerly hope they dont mess up this one...

yeah... :/

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics