Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 484votes)

Overlord

Alt Names: alt 不死者之王alt โอเวอร์ ลอร์ดalt オーバーロードalt 오버로드alt Maharajaalt OverLordalt Повелитель
Author: Maruyama Kugane
Artist: Miyama Fugin
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story begins with Yggdrasil, a popular online game which is quietly shut down on its last day. Our protagonist Momonga decided to stay until the last moment in his beloved game and wait for the force logout. Unexpectedly, the server did not shut down and Momonga is stuck in his skeleton body and got transferred to another world. "The powerful Overlord" needs now to discover a new world and face the continuous challenges.

Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary man strives to take over the new world the game has become.

Based on the light novel of the same name.
Go to Overlord Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic That last joke... New Window mrponeis
  • 0 Replies
Topic What's going on with this storyline New Window makuta2
  • 3 Replies
Topic Webnovel New Window Budda523
  • 7 Replies
Topic Looking for another title with the same plot New Window kenshinco
  • 9 Replies
Topic Is this all the manga? New Window GuloGulos
  • 1 Replies
Topic Is this all the manga? New Window GuloGulos
  • 0 Replies

1153 Comments

The fact that the MC seems to be a skeletal lich reminds me of Zykon Xykon from OOTS

Ahhhh damn its almost my dream MC, if only he wields a scythe he would be the most perfect MC for me.

The LN for this is sooo good. I've been reading a bunch with a similar theme like: LMS, Ark, Log Horizon, etc... but overlord is awesome because the MC is a fucking bad ass skeleton/dark mage with his own guild and followers.

Technically he has all the guild's custom programmed NPCs under him. But the actual members jumped ship before the game shut off.

While I disagree with imercenerary you're just getting all personal and aggressive over somebody simply not sharing your opinion on a mere manga. You might want to reevaluate that. The comment section is not only for people hyping a manga, but for everybody who wants to express their opinion on it.

Agreed. The art is a little lackluster compared to what the LN uses. But most of us are here for the premise of an evil mc.

BUT. It's not as bad as the earlier Sword Art Online or Legend of the Sun Knight manga attempts. God those were bad.

shut up and enjoy what you can,while you can

While I disagree with imercenerary you're just getting all personal and aggressive over somebody simply not sharing your opinion on a mere manga. You might want to reevaluate that. The comment section is not only for people hyping a manga, but for everybody who wants to express their opinion on it.

Crappy writing aside, the art seems rushed. I guess the artist threw quality out the window to draw the huge number of characters.

shut up and enjoy what you can,while you can

Crappy writing aside, the art seems rushed. I guess the artist threw quality out the window to draw the huge number of characters.

I sure hope so. Getting tired with sparkly, spiky hair mc do gooder. ehe

Yeah if you look at the character detail pages Momonga's alignment has Sense of Justice -500. Most of Nazarick as well is around the same level though there are some oddballs like Cocytus with positive numbers.

A protagonist as the villain? This story deserves a read just for that for now. Let's see how it fairs.

I sure hope so. Getting tired with sparkly, spiky hair mc do gooder. ehe

OVERLORD, CHECK.

AK SCANS, CHECK.

INSTA-FOLLOW, CHECK.

A protagonist as the villain? This story deserves a read just for that for now. Let's see how it fairs.

yay! was so anticipating the anime which was announced earlier, now the manga. (Y)

immediately goes to follow

The novel page of animesuki had so many boner joke people got sick of it, wonder if batoto will have the same stuff.

One of the best: Poor Momonga...perfect loyal harem but he is all bone with no boner...

To be honest, the boner jokes are already a thing of the past, right now people discuss/compare the differences between the WN and  LN version.

And here's the requested link to the animesuki-forums: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=127729

When I started to read this, got disappointed it was a VMORPG or however it's called, but after the teleport ~ it got my interest. I see potential :D

Hell yes

Good.

Yet the real question is:

Spoiler

that depends much of a dick he is and on how may bones he has 

Good.

Yet the real question is:

Spoiler

Nice, I didn't know Overlord had a manga adaptation. The novel is very entertaining and has an unorthodox MC. I mean he's a freakking all-powerful LICH!

OMG YES!! 

Seems very intresting finally something from the evil point of view 

The novel page of animesuki had so many boner joke people got sick of it, wonder if batoto will have the same stuff.

One of the best: Poor Momonga...perfect loyal harem but he is all bone with no boner...

I was about to quit when it talked about MMO(plus the harem tag). Now I'm glad I pushed through to the end. Here's to a good manga, hopefully.

Finally It's Here!

Now we wait for BONEr jokes...

why not horny jokes? She has horns and she is horny.

WTF?! I'm so disappointed... where the hell is the "SKULL JOKE"?!!?!? I'm gonna follow it in the hopes that it'll appear in the future.

If you want to listen to the Drama CD Version of this chapter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCIAGL2pjNw

just from the start give me goosebump from how good the section is executed

uwooooooooooo

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics