Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 484votes)

Overlord

Alt Names: alt 不死者之王alt โอเวอร์ ลอร์ดalt オーバーロードalt 오버로드alt Maharajaalt OverLordalt Повелитель
Author: Maruyama Kugane
Artist: Miyama Fugin
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story begins with Yggdrasil, a popular online game which is quietly shut down on its last day. Our protagonist Momonga decided to stay until the last moment in his beloved game and wait for the force logout. Unexpectedly, the server did not shut down and Momonga is stuck in his skeleton body and got transferred to another world. "The powerful Overlord" needs now to discover a new world and face the continuous challenges.

Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary man strives to take over the new world the game has become.

Based on the light novel of the same name.
Go to Overlord Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic That last joke... New Window mrponeis
  • 0 Replies
Topic What's going on with this storyline New Window makuta2
  • 3 Replies
Topic Webnovel New Window Budda523
  • 7 Replies
Topic Looking for another title with the same plot New Window kenshinco
  • 9 Replies
Topic Is this all the manga? New Window GuloGulos
  • 1 Replies
Topic Is this all the manga? New Window GuloGulos
  • 0 Replies

1153 Comments

T_T ending in the best part

Too early to say that he's the only MMO player. In fact, searching for other players is one of his goal, so chances are, he's probably gonna find a few.

Not to mention how unlikely it is that he's the only one online at the time of closure if it was as popular a game as chapter one lead us to believe

Albedo a qt 3.14

CH.2 Came out quick, they went through to Carne Village fairly quickly, I hope it shows him more menacing and I hope they show the reaction from the girls.

Liking the plot so far; in the game he plays the villain voluntarily as roleplay. But now that the roleplay has become his reality he decides to show his humanity instead. This could get interesting...

It's amazing that he's basically what the Log Horizon characters are in their world of an mmo crossed into reality except that he's the only MMO player. And he's an evil overlord looking for prestige and riches!

Too early to say that he's the only MMO player. In fact, searching for other players is one of his goal, so chances are, he's probably gonna find a few.

Happened on this manga by accident. Then proceeded to read the translated 2 volume light novels. I cannot wait for this freaking thing to be an anime.

It's amazing that he's basically what the Log Horizon characters are in their world of an mmo crossed into reality except that he's the only MMO player. And he's an evil overlord looking for prestige and riches!

Could you link us to the announcement? or a trailer? i looked for one on youtube but no luck

Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/09/02/dark-fantasy-light-novel-series-overlord-inspires-animeand forum link: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-864433/overlord-anime-anticipation

for youtube:

Spoiler

yay! was so anticipating the anime which was announced earlier, now the manga. (Y)

immediately goes to follow

Could you link us to the announcement? or a trailer? i looked for one on youtube but no luck

The manga seemed a bit rushed on the story and plot...not enough details and explanations unlike the light novel. Would be better if it does give it the same feel as the light novel.

It is very faithful to the light novel. You may be thinking of the web novel, which is vastly different. Personally I prefer the web novel. The light novel is just too silly at times, like with the giant hamster fight

The manga seemed a bit rushed on the story and plot...not enough details and explanations unlike the light novel. Would be better if it does give it the same feel as the light novel.

thx

finelly got a look and it looks like there about 40 or more pages if it keeps at that pace the manga might overtake the post for the LN but I still think that the LN is about ch 9 (in manga terms)

raw ch 2 might be up but can't check myself http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3497974322

thx

raw ch 2 might be up but can't check myself http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3497974322

Warning:
Guys, I am warning all of you... dont vandalize the comic info, genre and image.
Anyone doing so will mostly likely be ban depending on the moderator.

anyone who doesnt think so can try~

Also , comment section isnt for any "validating issue" or off-topic conversation.
Please only comment about this series in general. Specific details must be in [spoiler] tag.  

Read Comment Section Rule if you havent. 

Please correct me if i'm wrong. So that MC is gonna stay as Skeleton for the rest of the fucking series? if so, well ohh man i don't know if i'm gonna follow it.

Yes he will. Why, do you have something against skeletons? are you racist against bones? you skin and flesh folks dont know how good you have it! 

Seriously, it's based on the Overlord Webnovel an Lightnovels, so it gets very fun very fast.

Page 24

I laughed more than I should.

is this weekly or montly i am hopeing it's weekly

It's monthly. And just because a particular series is weekly doesn't mean the scanlators have the resources or the will to do the series on a Weekly bases.

to the person who posted this:
"Note: Don't remove the gender-bender tag (reason: Aura is a cross-dressing girl while Mare is a cross-dressing boy)."

just wanna tell you that that doesn't make this a gender bender manga.

People here usually confuse genres a lot, a character on a X series that just cross-dresses for the heck of it does not categorize the series as a gender-bender manga.

If you want to categorize a series as that, the plot NEEDS to revolve around this certain aspect of the character (aka Cross-dressing). If it doesn't, it isn't a gender bender series at all, period.

is this weekly or montly i am hopeing it's weekly

"Note: Don't remove the gender-bender tag (reason: Aura is a cross-dressing girl while Mare is a cross-dressing boy)."

Indeed, it does not.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you have trouble understanding percentages. Let me put in simpler terms for you. You know where the first chapter ended? That's nine-tenths of the way through the first volume. Meaning, if you split the first volume into ten parts, the single manga chapter would cover nine of them. Was that easier to understand?

That's not how it works, though. You don't just transcribe a LN into speechbubbles of a manga. You sometimes have to change things, cut things out or change the order of things. Those scenes where the LN kept switching to the village and back? Doesn't work. It was already badly done in the LN, in the manga it would not work at all. Pages after pages of bubbles filled with the thoughts of Momonga, like in the LN? Doesn't work either. It is simply a different target audience. If people wanted to read so much they'd have bought the LN in the first place. As a reader of novels, LN and mangas, those things just appeal to different tastes.

The manga is not worse nor better than the LN so far. Just different. Of course it is up to everyones own taste to like one version more than the other, but everyone should be aware that due to the difference in medium, they cannot be identical, nor should anyone expect them to be.

Do you know what a 'chapter' is? Or are you seriously trying to claim that chapter 1 of the manga is the entire first volume of the LN

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you have trouble understanding percentages. Let me put in simpler terms for you. You know where the first chapter ended? That's nine-tenths of the way through the first volume. Meaning, if you split the first volume into ten parts, the single manga chapter would cover nine of them. Was that easier to understand?

Undead casters. Always the best. Look up Richard from LFG if you need to be convinced.

Do you know what a 'chapter' is? Or are you seriously trying to claim that chapter 1 of the manga is the entire first volume of the LN

Because my tastes aren't the same as yours? That happens you know.

Yea i know that and i have no problem with ppl having different tastes than mines, however the problem is that in some of the PREVIOUS mangas that ive seen you complain about, your complaints werent valid and when me or others try to explain it to you, you tend to either ignor it or misinterpret it and things go downhill from there.

With this one right now I prefer the LN with its infodumping, because i like infodumping. Otherwise I think it wouldve been better if they added more details in and split it into like 2 chapters 40-50 pages each.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics