Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.17 - 116votes)

Sword Art Online - Aincrad

Alt Names: alt ソードアート・オンライン アインクラッドalt ソードアートオンラインalt SAOalt Sword Art Online
Author: Kawahara Reki
Artist: Nakamura Tamako
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The only way to escape is to ‘clear’ the game. Game over means actual ‘death’ —-The ten thousand who have logged onto the as of yet mysterious game ‘Sword Art Online’ have been forced into this perilous death game.Protagonist Kirito, one of the many gamers, has greeted this ‘truth’. He plays as a solo player in the giant castle that is the stage for this game —- ‘Aincrad’. To meet the conditions of clearing the game — getting through all 100 floors, Kirito fights his way through this quest alone.

Sequel:

> Sword Art Online - Fairy Dance
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-fairy-dance-r8401 )

Alternate Story:

> Sword Art Online - Progressive
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-progressive-r9604 )

Related:

> Sword Art Online. (4-koma)
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-r4433 )
Go to Sword Art Online - Aincrad Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Some background info you won't find in manga and anime New Window Harbinger
  • 1 Replies
Topic SAO Image Pack + episode downloads New Window Palolo
  • 0 Replies
Topic Question about what happens during the second game. New Window Oblivion0117
  • 4 Replies

169 Comments

can anyone pm me the link for the light novel??
lol im still trying to figure out if I should read the manga or not. I just got up to the ggo volume but dunno if it progressed that far in the manga. should i finish all of the light novel volumes before I start reading or is it only the first volume of the series?
The art in the light novel is a lot better than the art in the manga. In fact the cover art on this page is from the light novel which sort of gave me false expectations, since I thought the art was gonna be as good as the art in the light novel. This is still a good adaptation, but its too bad the art couldn't be better.
I personally think that the art is already pretty good as it is and the story is awesome enough to get it serialized as a manga so...x3 awesome stuff is awesome.
I love the LN but the shoujo-style art really ruins the manga X(
Ehhh....... it's not bad, but it's a bit hard to follow since it goes so fast and the novel is a lot more detailed. What made Sword Art Online good was the way the author wrote and the style, the setting and the ideas aren't all that great. The manga doesn't deliver that as well, but it's good none the less. Could slow down the pace and be more detailed though.
i heard the anime will be aired July this year.. can't wait till July. and the manga is fine for me. but the novel is good. i recommend it to everyone. and by the way this novel is rank number 1 in a magazine in japan..
i heard the anime will be aired July this year.. can't wait till July. and the manga is fine for me. but the novel is good. i recommend it to everyone. and by the way this novel is rank number 1 in a magazine in japan..
IMO the story in the manga is a lot more well executed in comparison to the light novel (although the light novel has indeed more detail than the manga).
as a side note, the art could be a lot better.
I'm not saying the novel isn't good. But I think that this manga is great. It's a lot like 1/2 Prince, but the characters are more fun to read. I hope to see more updates.
-sigh-
Everything was going well until that chick appeared.
the novel its much better ¬3¬
it is good dunno why ur making it sound bad
You guys should read the light novel, it's way better than this.
Almost forgot about this one
This have one of the most engaging and interesting story i ever read. Check out the novel version on baka tsuki, it have several of the light novel version translated. enjoy =)
After 1 year of waiting....
This is interesting though like Ayreos said it's quite cliche. I think it will still be alright though.
This isn't a very original setting, but the serious way it's depicted here makes it quite interesting.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics