Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 559votes)

Tokyo Ghoul:re

Alt Names: alt トーキョーグール-:realt 도쿄구울:realt Tokyo Kushu:realt 東京喰種: realt غول توکیو: بازگشت
Author: Ishida Sui
Artist: Ishida Sui
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In Tokyo, an unchanging despair is lurking.

Mysterious man-eating beings, ghouls, run rampant in Tokyo. Living hidden during everyday life, the existence of ghouls, whose true identities are shrouded in mystery, permanently terrorizes Tokyo's residents.

At CCG, the sole institution that investigates and resolves cases related to ghouls, Haise Sasaki has been assigned a certain mission. While dealing with the unruly four problem children known as "Quinx", Haise's days of suffering begin...?!

Other serializations of Tokyo Ghoul:
> Tokyo Ghoul (oneshot)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tokyo-ghoul-oneshot-r13555
> Tokyo Ghoul (prequel)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tokyo-ghoul-r3056
> Tokyo Ghoul Jack (spin-off)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tokyo-ghoul-jack-r13107
Go to Tokyo Ghoul:re Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Discussion Raws New Window Jassim Al-Madeh
  • 12762 Replies
Topic Tokyo Ghoul: re discussions, theory, ideas, etc. New Window ken878
  • 329 Replies
Topic Punny chapter titles New Window Old McDonald
  • 14 Replies
Topic Tokyo Ghoul and Re: New Window Tsenzei
  • 0 Replies
Topic That moment in chapter 72. New Window Agje205
  • 0 Replies
Topic One-eyed King's Identity [spoiler] New Window defry
  • 16 Replies

2991 Comments

Think about it. Shirokaneki got his "closure" with Kurokaneki at the end of tg. 白(Shiro/white)+黒(kuro/black)=灰色(haiiro/grey). Conclusion, Haise is actually Haiirokaneki=Haineki. ALL THE PROOF IS THERE.

Dunno where y'all are getting this "dude on page 5 is Sasaki" nonsense.

If you happen to take a close look at it, you'll see that duder has the faint outline of glasses on his face and what appears to be white hair.

Add to that the fact that Sasaki mentions that he's loaned Arima a book in his coversation with Mado, and (surprise surprise) the logical conclusion is that the dude on page 5 with white hair, glasses and Arima's hairstyle is Arima.

The main reason I feel there's a chance Sasaki may be Kaneki is because on page 5 he(I'm guessing it's Sasaki) says he "read this before" like he has memory loss which makes sense cuz being stabbed through the head would probably cause some brain damage. Still, even  after the CCG tweaked things here and there to make him switch sides, he manages to retain similar habits(like reading the same book) and personality because, in the end, he's still Kaneki.

If Haise isn't Kaneki it'd be more disappointing than interesting. Not just because I like Kaneki but also in terms of writing. It'd be like building up shonen-esque villain confrontation with a training montage and stills of gritted teeth then revealing that the MC doesn't really care and that he just likes working out.

Most believe haise=kaneki but you are going by the mainstream troupe where main characters that are developed and hardworking are then instantly rewarded for his hard work and have a happy life afterwards when it simply isn't true in the real world. The manga started off as being stated as a tragedy and that can be seen at the beginning of tokyo ghoul when kaneki gives a slight introduction to his story saying he's just a normal character and that, if a story was written about him, it'd be 100% tragedy. So many people who read tokyo ghoul seem to have never had experience with tragedy before and don't understand if Kaneki did successfully destroyed aogiri/ saved the manager/defeated arima/help amon rebuild ccg/reform one-eyed owl, it wouldn't be a tragedy as his goals would have been completed (or some of it anyway). Kaneki dieing without having completed anything and turning out to be simply another bug(get it? centipede? okay =[) that was tossed aside in the end is what a tragic kind of story is about. Honestly seeing as how most readers wouldn't be happy about this happening, Ishida would most likely not take a tragic route again but if Tokyo Ghoul had actually ended there, the manga would have been truly completed since it was initially Kaneki's story so everything shouldn't matter after he loses his life(which would have been the perfect place to end for the maximum tragic value) such as what Kuzen's organisation's goals are/kaneki's final fate (briefcased?)/his friends/the fate of the TG universe and how it all tragically ended.

If Haise isn't Kaneki it'd be more disappointing than interesting. Not just because I like Kaneki but also in terms of writing. It'd be like building up shonen-esque villain confrontation with a training montage and stills of gritted teeth then revealing that the MC doesn't really care and that he just likes working out.

Agreed, I really hope that he's Kaneki. I mean, everything about him just screams it to me...

Kaneki....

kaneki=haise

also

nashiro yasuhisa=tooru mutsuki

What if Haise Sasaki isn't Kaneki Ken? What if he's just another of one of those "He didn't do anything wrong, he does not deserve this" character who'll just end breaking our hearts into billions of tiny sharp shards and want us to roll around in it.

On a serious note, I can't wait for this story to develop and hopefully solve all the nail biting mysteries!

Ishida Sui is the best!

Wait wait wait... what do you mean "solve"? You think anything will be resolved?

(That said, it's already confirmed some answers hinted at previously.  Still, I doubt "all" the mysteries will be solved, and I suspect several more will be added.)

Anyway, looks interesting, and that's more or less all I want.

What if Haise Sasaki isn't Kaneki Ken? What if he's just another of one of those "He didn't do anything wrong, he does not deserve this" character who'll just end breaking our hearts into billions of tiny sharp shards and want us to roll around in it.

On a serious note, I can't wait for this story to develop and hopefully solve all the nail biting mysteries!

Ishida Sui is the best!

KA-NE-KI! KA-NE-KI! 

PWEASE. 

The hair, that baby face, the general lack of evil. 

OH shieeet, dude! Happened sooner than I expected 

Is this real? Thank you jesus

We just have to wait to see whether "Haise Sasaki" grows a Rinkaku or not. Then we get our proof. Simple.

Evidence does point ot him.

#1: He is the first Quincke.

#2: His reaction to "Never see the end of ghouls in your lifetime". (Seems to be contemplation of how Kaneki considers himself to be a ghoul)

#3: The hairstyle.

#4: His Kaneki-ness. (The general pathetic demeanour of Kaneki)

#5: Books.

#6: Hair color.

#7: Arima named his new whatever "Haise" in chapter 143.

Personally, #4 is my main reason.

P.S: I'm Roxy all the way too. Sry Eris, you really don't appeal to me. And sry Sylphie, Roxy is the one true God.

Here's my theory;

After taking severe brain damage from Arima's attack, Kaneki miraculously survived, while losing his memories. Upon the discovery of his true identity as a former human, the CCG took him in, deciding that he'd be useful in research for advancing Quinque technology so that human's could match ghouls on a closer scale.

Leaving Kaneki in Arima's care, he was re-named Sasaki, told he was injured in the battle against the 'Owl' losing his memories, and that he was a prototype of the new Bio-quinque they've been developing. 

Roxy is the original one the rest are just add on, i am of the orthodox roxy faith.

And is that kaneki?.

I guess I can't argue since he still considers Roxy his 1 true God. 

I think it is Kaneki maybe he was used as an experiment so they could produce half-ghouls?

good.

What about Eris and Sylphy?

Roxy is the original one the rest are just add on, i am of the orthodox roxy faith.

And is that kaneki?.

Kaneki and Amon pls. 

Black and white hair, plus books! I hope it's kaneki!!!! Besides how old was Kaneki? Doesn't seem to mention how long has pasted since the first series.

I actually don't want that to be kaneki... but I do want him to be alive... confused.

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy thank you God Roxy.

What about Eris and Sylphy?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics