Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 559votes)

Tokyo Ghoul:re

Alt Names: alt トーキョーグール-:realt 도쿄구울:realt Tokyo Kushu:realt 東京喰種: realt غول توکیو: بازگشت
Author: Ishida Sui
Artist: Ishida Sui
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In Tokyo, an unchanging despair is lurking.

Mysterious man-eating beings, ghouls, run rampant in Tokyo. Living hidden during everyday life, the existence of ghouls, whose true identities are shrouded in mystery, permanently terrorizes Tokyo's residents.

At CCG, the sole institution that investigates and resolves cases related to ghouls, Haise Sasaki has been assigned a certain mission. While dealing with the unruly four problem children known as "Quinx", Haise's days of suffering begin...?!

Other serializations of Tokyo Ghoul:
> Tokyo Ghoul (oneshot)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tokyo-ghoul-oneshot-r13555
> Tokyo Ghoul (prequel)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tokyo-ghoul-r3056
> Tokyo Ghoul Jack (spin-off)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tokyo-ghoul-jack-r13107
Go to Tokyo Ghoul:re Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Discussion Raws New Window Jassim Al-Madeh
  • 12762 Replies
Topic Tokyo Ghoul: re discussions, theory, ideas, etc. New Window ken878
  • 329 Replies
Topic Punny chapter titles New Window Old McDonald
  • 14 Replies
Topic Tokyo Ghoul and Re: New Window Tsenzei
  • 0 Replies
Topic That moment in chapter 72. New Window Agje205
  • 0 Replies
Topic One-eyed King's Identity [spoiler] New Window defry
  • 16 Replies

2991 Comments

Kaneki just can't catch a break, can he? I really hope he doesn't end up wiping out Yonebayashi and them...

So, Kaneki became a final villain. That was Furuta's plan from the start. Dragon (Kaneki) will slaughter everything in order to protect his princess (Touka). Such an tragic character. All this time he never wanted to kill anyone especially humans but now he went completely berserk. Many innocent people will die. Even precious people like Touka and Hinami may die too. Kaneki's mind is black now.

pretty much this

this is the end of tokyo ghoul re

//confused joy Chapter 144 in a nutshell

The thing about making bad/sad things happen to main characters is that is that, even if it's surprising, it's not necessarily impactful or emotional in itself.

For me, at this point Tokyo Ghoul:re just really lacks flow and coherence. Tragic things happen but they just kind of roll off you because it happens so abruptly and it's never really built up properly. It also often involves characters just suddenly being out of character. Just feels like it happens for the sake of it. There are lots of surprises but not many true shocks, because you generally expect random bad things to happen without it ever being fully developed.

Story could indeed use some R&R. an arc focused on one or max 2 group(s) instead of jumping between Goat, clowns, "terrorists",CCG, furuta and whothefuckever has another independent group. needlessly confusing when you focuse on one group, other groups teleport somewhere because time flows, then it suddenly turns into a clusterfuck.

So, Kaneki became a final villain. That was Furuta's plan from the start. Dragon (Kaneki) will slaughter everything in order to protect his princess (Touka). Such an tragic character. All this time he never wanted to kill anyone especially humans but now he went completely berserk. Many innocent people will die. Even precious people like Touka and Hinami may die too. Kaneki's mind is black now.

So Ken became the smooze? Nothing can stop him.

300px-Smooze.jpg

Ishida is definitely a stoner.

Either that or the biggest Soul Eater fan.

Sly Marbo feels in this chapter. AAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ishida is definitely a stoner.

Just seen 144 which is quite weird. Turned out the right answer was:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's just:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ishida's friend: "Hey, have you heard of this TV series called Game of Thrones? Apparently, the author just kills main characters like they're nothing."

Ishida: "Pfft! Hold my beer!"

Ishida hasn't killed anybody worth 2 shits. How can people still think this when even Amon is fucking alive?

Considering there will be a chapter 144, I'd wait for it before calling for Ishida's head on a stick or not.

I bet it's another epilogue like it was before Re started  

I think there is a limit to how much you can copy yourself.

Considering there will be a chapter 144, I'd wait for it before calling for Ishida's head on a stick or not.

yeah I really love desperate situations like these.

The thing about making bad/sad things happen to main characters is that is that, even if it's surprising, it's not necessarily impactful or emotional in itself.

For me, at this point Tokyo Ghoul:re just really lacks flow and coherence. Tragic things happen but they just kind of roll off you because it happens so abruptly and it's never really built up properly. It also often involves characters just suddenly being out of character. Just feels like it happens for the sake of it. There are lots of surprises but not many true shocks, because you generally expect random bad things to happen without it ever being fully developed.

I'd say something is fishy.

Spoiler

There's a different kind of fishy going on too. This isn't a gag manga, it at least tries to stick to the framework of its own reality, at least when Kaneki isn't hallucinating.

Spoiler

It's just silly though because he DID learn from his mistakes go reread the end of TG, Kaneki has been out of character for the sake of the story which is just bad writing imo. There's a reason why I think TG is a decent story while TG:Re is a trainwreck. Ishida has been pumping as much drama as possible into the story and not caring at all about the integrity of it. The point being not once in the entire duration of TG:Re have I ever felt that Kaneki has gone back to being the Kaneki that we cared about in TG. And you can say "oh well ofc that's the case he's changed since then" but then we wouldn't be having the argument that he never changed would we? The point being that even Ishida kept shoving in the manga too that 'he's back, he's back!'.

100% agree with most of what you say but I wanted to add to this and say that I feel this whole "Kaneki--> Haise --> Kaneki again" is like some sort of weird loop in which yes, supposedly Kaneki should have learned from his past bullshit but in the end he proves us wrong because:

-He actually didn't learn shit because he ended up going back to his old bad habit (even tho he was scolded by his buds and shit several times through the series and he was like "ye ok u right" ). Which would kinda make sense because change doesn't come easy to (some) people, specially with ingrained habits (which this could be).
-There is no actual reason/Just because Ishida demands it: He actually changed but then Ishida decided he needed to shit on that so he did a kishimoto and this is what we are left with.

The most thoroughly ineffective MC since Shinji Ikari.

At least Shinji fucking grew up and learned shit unlike Kaneki who gets lectured on how he actually didn't learn not to put everything on his shoulders. 

Kaneki got stronger, but didn't learn jack shit in the end. Shinji was a traumatized and troubled teenager, but in the end he realized what truly matters in life are friends and family, and that abandoning that wasn't worth instrumentality. He also seemed to take the first step towards not hating himself, which is also important to his character development.

Both characters were pushed by their sorroundings/other people into the role they are given/end up with, but the difference is that Ishida was more preoccupied with keeping his paralulz he forsaken the actual quality of his work (what is this sequel If not a bunch of character arcs with characters reacting to other characters filled with flashbacks to try and make up for the lack of plot and semi-abandoned lore).

TG re left us with more questions than answers, and an overall feeling of emptiness. But hey part 3 is probably coming! Can't wait for "TG Re Generations", in which Ishida once again repeats the same paralulz because that's edgy.

Ugh...I've been resisting the sense that TG is turning into a senseless tragedy, but Ishida isn't making it easy. If he really brought Kaneki back for the sequel just to destroy him differently, he shouldn't have bothered.

Ishida's friend: "Hey, have you heard of this TV series called Game of Thrones? Apparently, the author just kills main characters like they're nothing."

Ishida: "Pfft! Hold my beer!"

Ishida is testing the tolerance of his fans with this one. He gives preset for the most epic fight up to this point, and then trolls everyone. This has been the most anti-climatic, annoying, frustrating and outright depressing chapter ive seen up to this point.. all mangas combined. Did he fudge up his deadline? Cut his budget? or is this going to get axed at this point? I felt like shit when favourite characters died in Akame ga kiru, but this was just outright confusing.

If we had seen hinami killed in this chapter, i wouldnt be even typing this. I wouldve just clicked "Unfollow" and thats that.

He sure is testing me right about now! This is the kind of chapter someone would done for April Fools. But in case it's not trolling and everything actually happened like this... I don't know. I guess the next chapter will tell. Maybe Kaneki will manage to reverse time or something lol

The most thoroughly ineffective MC since Shinji Ikari.

Ishida is testing the tolerance of his fans with this one. He gives preset for the most epic fight up to this point, and then trolls everyone. This has been the most anti-climatic, annoying, frustrating and outright depressing chapter ive seen up to this point.. all mangas combined. Did he fudge up his deadline? Cut his budget? or is this going to get axed at this point? I felt like shit when favourite characters died in Akame ga kiru, but this was just outright confusing.

If we had seen hinami killed in this chapter, i wouldnt be even typing this. I wouldve just clicked "Unfollow" and thats that.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics