Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 208votes)

Mill

Alt Names: alt ミルalt 미르alt Miru
Author: Tahara Kazunori
Artist: Tahara Kazunori
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: College student Aki is shocked when a teenage girl suddenly barges into his Tokyo apartment, acting as if he should know her. When the truth becomes clear, the situation is even stranger. The 'teenage girl' is actually his precious pet cat Mill from his home in Kyushu, who is apparently an 86 year old 'monster cat' who can change between cat and human forms. Will Aki be able to fit his supernatural pet cat into his ordinary college life?
Go to Mill Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Mill released chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

442 Comments

Bah, why people can't take their own notes?

Why only review them the day before the test, and not at least a week before? a night before a test should be spent getting a good sleep. those flewed study habits are a pain to witness.

Because while you good kids were studying properly in your dorm rooms, the rest of us were playing Beirut, Counterstrike, and trying to get laid. =P

Bah, why people can't take their own notes?

Why only review them the day before the test, and not at least a week before? a night before a test should be spent getting a good sleep. those flewed study habits are a pain to witness.

Aahhh, the relationship between college student and copy machine. How I still remember those days when I'm waiting in line at the only copy service at my college to make many copy of lesson material from my classmate or lecturer, and I still can't remember a damn thing from those material that I copied..

What I'm wondering is, how will they handle it when he's fifty and she still looks sixteen?

Nice question.  The entire story (all 48 chapters) spans only a couple years of time at most, and at the end Aki is still in his twenties.  But given the ending, your question is quite valid.

Whoa, this is really unexpectedly good.  

I agree with Azure Mirage.  Really, no matter what the premise, it's rare to see something that handles a young-looking person who's actually very old, this well.  You get that with a lot of supernatural creatures, after all--vampires and who knows what all.  And usually it's just treated as a tacked-on afterthought, if that.

What I'm wondering is, how will they handle it when he's fifty and she still looks sixteen?

Better complete than cancelled and left dangling or with an awkward ending.

I'm not complaining about THAT, I'm just saying I like the series so much I'm already heartbroken. =P

If you don't know already, Taisho, Showa and Heisei are all the era-names of the most recent three Japanese emperors.  Mill was born during the Taisho era, but the students thought she seemed rather Showa, when she should have been Heisei, seeing as she looks 16 years old.

To add to this, the eras correspond with their reigns,nd have different lenghts: taisho lasted from 1912 to 1926, showa went from 1926 to 1989, which is also when heisei (the current period) started.

Goddammit, I'm only 3 chapters in and I'm already pissed to hear it's over!

Better complete than cancelled and left dangling or with an awkward ending.

The sixth tankobon was published September 2013, and the series was published in a monthly magazine, so there's plenty of time for a seventh volume to have appeared by now.  And, the mangaka has started a new series now.

But the real reason I call this series "complete" can be seen in the very last pages of chapter 48.  That spoiler I will not divulge here: you will have to either buy the books yourself, find the raws online, or wait for me or somebody else to finish translating the series.

Goddammit, I'm only 3 chapters in and I'm already pissed to hear it's over!

Picture_2_c.jpg

Honestly kinda good in that it doesn't rely on the fact that she's a cat, it relies on the fact that she's old but not 'out of time'.

I'm glad it's not pushing the unfamiliarity but rather perspective difference in that kind of dry humor that doesn't trivialize slice of life.

This is adorable and fantastic! Haha, thanks for the hard work! Glad I'm able to enjoy this series.

Gabriel and Diego, why cat will give her child name like that?

P.S. Wait, is this series completed?

The sixth tankobon was published September 2013, and the series was published in a monthly magazine, so there's plenty of time for a seventh volume to have appeared by now.  And, the mangaka has started a new series.

But the real reason I call this series "complete" can be seen in the very last pages of chapter 48.  That spoiler I will not divulge here: you will have to either buy the books yourself, find the raws online, or wait for me or somebody else to finish translating the series.

I came to laugh at the typical cliche shounen garbage plot.

I stayed for the 16 year old looking demon cat grandma.

FUCKING FOLLOWED.

awlv1.jpg

FWIW, I have all six tankobons, though I did that scanlation from public raws.  There are 48 chapters in all, and from what I can see without translating it fully, it indeed has a lot of "feels".  Too bad the artwork doesn't get any better along the way...

Also, I find nothing wrong with the artwork.

P.S. Wait, is this series completed?

Most pleasent!

If you don't know already, Taisho, Showa and Heisei are all the era-names of the most recent three Japanese emperors.  Mill was born during the Taisho era, but the students thought she seemed rather Showa, when she should have been Heisei, seeing as she looks 16 years old.

Just picked up a book on the Kyushu dialect.  It's actually written by a pair of jokers promoting the Kyushu region in their own way.  But in spite of the light-hearted tone, it does convey the information required, which is just what is different between Tokyo and Fukuoka Japanese.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4896372700/

this comic is awesome, reminds me of The Hating Girl. thanks a ton rpapo for translating this! ♥

I wish I had a cat that could outlive me. 

At least the cat has enough common sense to not go commando.

Those two guys are hard to translate at times, as they have a very thick Kyushu accent.  And unfortunately, there is very little documentation on that dialect online.

And his parents are worse...

Anyway, Mill is this kind of cat, but with yellow eyes rather than blue:

JapaneseBobtailBlueEyedMi-ke.JPG

Bizarre but they made it work!!

"Neko Ane" came to mind when reading this manga... thanks for sharing your findings, rpapo!

Let's call this "Neko grandma"

"Neko Ane" came to mind when reading this manga... thanks for sharing your findings, rpapo!

I found this while checking Amazon JP after the scanlator for "Neko Ane" complained about not being able to find the raws he needed.  Amazon saw me checking out a cat, decided I liked cats, and suggested another cat.  And it turned out this particular cat suited me a little better, though neither of them are shelter strays.

Poor thing, it hadn't received any scanlation attention at all...

The last two pages (27 & 28) really hit me right in the feels.

Followed, for sure!!

• Ada likes this

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics