Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 66votes)

Ryuuma no Gagou

Alt Names: alt The Pseudonym of Ryuuma
Author: Miyashita Hiroki
Artist: Miyashita Hiroki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasySci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a world where humanity has turned into prey against monstrous bug-like creatures dubbed "White Skins", one legendary figure known simply as "Ryuuma" continues to give hope to this post-apocalyptic society. This individual has many faces and descriptions, but his/her legend has lived continuously in the hearts and minds of the people for half a century, though no one knows where or how it started. Here starts a chronicle to unveil the mysteries of a legend.
Go to Ryuuma no Gagou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

64 Comments

That's what I just said, the the girl with the broken sword was the 'present' Ryuuma, if you bothered reading what I wrote lol.

Sorry fot that but that is why i wrote "im sure that im going to be completely wrong in what i said XD." because im prone to make mistakes XD.

boring

umm  that is  the past the present would be the one of the girl with the broken sword.

That's what I just said, the the girl with the broken sword was the 'present' Ryuuma, if you bothered reading what I wrote lol.

I'm with Pervy on this one, I truly like this series. I love the thought of a 'name' that lives on forever, a strong warrior who meets certain traits and at the end of ones story, a new one begins and takes up the old ones story.

I can't wait to see future chapters, and learn more about the thing between 'Ryuuma' and 'Jin'. How it all began, the fight with the 'abinos' and 'Jin' and that monstrosity of a tower that 'Ryuuma' wants to tear down.

But looking at that last chapter, I'd say that theory that the other person said below stands true. That there is a number of 'Ryuuma' running around. Well, for now I'd say the one in chapter 5 is the current one and that fat one is obviously just a fan of 'Ryuuma' who tried to become him.

umm  that is  the past the present would be the one of the girl with the broken sword.

I belive that the reason the sword is broken is because he could destroy that tower and the guy with the mechanical arm could be of that time too, because of  what they said in chapter 5 about "king mayu" only being able to say "jin"

But im sure that im going to be completely wrong in what i said XD.

I'm with Pervy on this one, I truly like this series. I love the thought of a 'name' that lives on forever, a strong warrior who meets certain traits and at the end of ones story, a new one begins and takes up the old ones story.

I can't wait to see future chapters, and learn more about the thing between 'Ryuuma' and 'Jin'. How it all began, the fight with the 'abinos' and 'Jin' and that monstrosity of a tower that 'Ryuuma' wants to tear down.

But looking at that last chapter, I'd say that theory that the other person said below stands true. That there is a number of 'Ryuuma' running around. Well, for now I'd say the one in chapter 5 is the current one and that fat one is obviously just a fan of 'Ryuuma' who tried to become him.

nah........boring

The setting is still a bit confusing, but then we only have 4 chapters. Plus after reading things like "Heroes of Spring and Autumn" or "The Lawless", this amount of mc's is nothing.

it really doesnt matter if they keep showing up different heroes but if they keep doing the same formula like this it gets old fast. 

Spoiler

Anyway thanks Angush's Edits & /a/nonymous for the chapter! I enjoyed it quite a bit. Miyashita's works all seem interesting...too bad that it lacks exposure compared to other titles (Looks at Tyoko Ghoul >.>).

You'll find out later. ;)

Chapter 3 page 9, panel 1.

"It was half a century ago, right?"

then next panel,

"Almost 500years ago, huh?"

which one is right? 500 a typo? (should be 50?)

Yes, it should be 50. Whoops.

I like the idea of "passing on the name" of Ryuuma. He then really becomes an immortal legend. As well as a pretty good symbol of hope.

Though it is yet unclear if the chapters happen at the same time or if they happen all over the place on the timeline. I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

@lin4t

Spoiler

the story is cool but they should follow the same hero cause shit is tiring following different kind of mc's.

The setting is still a bit confusing, but then we only have 4 chapters. Plus after reading things like "Heroes of Spring and Autumn" or "The Lawless", this amount of mc's is nothing.

Chapter 3 page 9, panel 1.

"It was half a century ago, right?"

then next panel,

"Almost 500years ago, huh?"

which one is right? 500 a typo? (should be 50?)

Spoiler

Anyway thanks Angush's Edits & /a/nonymous for the chapter! I enjoyed it quite a bit. Miyashita's works all seem interesting...too bad that it lacks exposure compared to other titles (Looks at Tyoko Ghoul >.>).

the story is cool but they should follow the same hero cause shit is tiring following different kind of mc's.

Just so you know, there are a lot of recurring characters. The big dude from chapter 2 and the robot-arm dude from chapter 3 both show up again (though robot-arm dude takes longer to do so), as does the lady from chapter 4 (whom you'll see next week). It does tell a continuous story. The first few chapters are more worldbuilding and character setup than anything.

I for one really like how all of this is panning out. It has only been 3 chapters and the world building has been really interesting. Especially like the fact that some chapters are connected to others and how not all the Ryumaa's personalities are the same.

These two opposing viewpoints are equally valid...

To different people with differing tastes...

Which is why there are so many alternative series available here at Batoto and elsewhere.  There is something for any individual to enjoy...  It is merely a matter of each person finding that which will please his/her personal taste.

I personally am enjoying this series...  Partially as a mental exercise in keeping such divergent story lines straight in my mind, and partially because I enjoy the actual premise of this story, which reminds me of the explanation in the 1987 movie, The Princess Bride, of how there will ALWAYS be a "Dread Pirate Roberts" to keep the legend alive.

Spoiler

I for one really like how all of this is panning out. It has only been 3 chapters and the world building has been really interesting. Especially like the fact that some chapters are connected to others and how not all the Ryumaa's personalities are the same.

Really? One MC per chapter? I don't like it.

Yeah.... that's kinda the whole point of the story.

If thats the point, its gonna get real old, real quick.

Yeah.... that's kinda the whole point of the story.

Two chapters since I was having trouble with my internet last week and didn't get to upload chapter 2. Enjoy.

Also, be forewarned that this series kinda jumps about a lot in terms of when and where things take place, without any real explanation, so things can get a little confusing. 

Sounds a bit like how the movie, Pulp Fiction, jumped around.

Well, let's summary.

Chapter 1: Around 500 years ago from chapter 3.

Chapter 2: Tale of a Ryuuma that inherited the sword and pipe from chapter 1.

Chapter 3:

- Reveal there are more than 1 "bloodline" of Ryuuma.

- Jin control creep.

Are there anything I miss?

Two chapters since I was having trouble with my internet last week and didn't get to upload chapter 2. Enjoy.

Also, be forewarned that this series kinda jumps about a lot in terms of when and where things take place, without any real explanation, so things can get a little confusing. 

Actually, the concept is common in Japanese fiction because it's based on a historical Japanese tradition. Leaders of some professional guilds would hand down their names to their successors after adopting them, thus ensuring succession of brand identity. Also, traditionally until the 19th century emperors were not identified to their contemporary subjects with a name but simply as "The Emperor". When they die they're given a posthumous name. To the average peasant ignorant of imperial successions, it would have looked as if the Yamato dynasty was ruled by a single immortal emperor.

In manga and anime, the concept of immortality by name succession is also common. Hiko Seijuro of Rurouni Kenshin, the gods of RG Veda, Kino of Kino no Tabi, Assassin of the Fate series, and various ninja manga and anime that portray "Hattori Hanzo" as being an example of this. Hiko Seijuro's case is probably the closest to Ryuuma, and it appears this manga might be borrowing from him specifically.

That is a bit different since it is widely know that the names are inherited as titles and as of such, are, like you said a brand. This is more similar to the american comic "The Phantom" where no one but the sucessor knows about it and hence everyone assumes it is the same person who has lived for an eternity

So each successor inherits the sword and the name thus the immortal legend gives hope to the people.

'Followed' this tragic yet brave story.

I wonder what the female Ryuuma(s) is/are like?

...followed

cool

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics