Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 153votes)

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria

Alt Names: alt ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 外伝 ソード・オラトリアalt DanMachi Gaiden: Sword Oratoriaalt Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoriaalt 소드 오라토리아
Author: Oomori Fujino
Artist: Yagi Takashi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: This is an adaptation of the Sword Oratoria side story light novels to Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka. It covers the story of one of the strongest 1st class adventurer, "Sword Princess" Ais Wallenstein, and her desire to reach even greater heights with her friends in the Loki Familia.

> Spin-off of Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatteiru-darou-ka-r9803 )

Raw: http://www.ganganonline.com/contents/ais/
Go to Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Bete's Character Development New Window LuckyVirgo
  • 2 Replies
Topic I'd rather read new chapters of the original than this spin-off, wouldn't you? New Window mancoo
  • 9 Replies

481 Comments

The smart long eared elf, that is known for her intelligence, is commanding around, while she could have used weak magic attacks to puncture those monster.... Well... :(

Floor 50?
Bell has a long way to go...

WTB the main manga...

How about some main manga update?
:rofl:

And I agree, wished that the main manga would have chapters as long as this series. :|

Great Chap!!.. And also, Bell-kun needs to catch up to that?... Can't wait!! >_<

I don't know where this is going but i would love to see more adventure that actually happens in their dungeons. There are definitely more powerful characters than Ais, in fact she also OP. Yare yare daze.

as thing going, AIS is the strongest in this manga.

(to be strong they need to be in a Goddess Familia to get buff,

as the goddess want to show up there's no way a goddess can keep a advanture that stronger than AIS hidden,

unless there a goddess that become advanture herself, I don't think anyone can keep up with AIS)

I love it. I know this is showing Ais' strength as an adventurer and as a character but it's entertaining nonetheless. The manga mostly displays high-class monsters and advanced power moves as it is in its early stages.

I just hope Bell-kun reaches this level of opponents. I love to see my protagonists grow and learn from the people around him. He's one of my favorite protagonists.

I agree, I want to see Bell-kun strong enough to fight along side with AIS too (the two of them are both my favourite)

I love it. I know this is showing Ais' strength as an adventurer and as a character but it's entertaining nonetheless. The manga mostly displays high-class monsters and advanced power moves as it is in its early stages.

I just hope Bell-kun reaches this level of opponents. I love to see my protagonists grow and learn from the people around him. He's one of my favorite protagonists.

Sweet....great chapter, thanks for all this! =D

Ais sure is cute <3 and so is Lefiya.

love this awesome spinoff.

There's a difference between a veteran being a bit worried, or acting like a complete noob, which is what the mage is doing. She's noted as "second-class" compared to the others but taken in the context of the setting's leveling system then second-class shouldn't still be "fresh out of the tutorial." She's getting early-game lessons for someone in a mid-game or late-game position.

Like an army? Fine, look at it like an army and they're still being stupid. Take the FNG along with the whole thing, fine. She apparently hasn't passed basic training, but whatever there's a whole army there. Sending her along with the special forces team? Uhh...

"We are super-serious about our operations, except now we aren't and will toss out the half-trained kid" is bad writing. They don't even have the excuse of it being a desperate situation with no other choice, like nearly every other story that does a die-or-fly on the powerful but undisciplined kid thrust into a dangerous situation. It's a sidequest with a timer ready to run out, and they should have double-checked their assets before taking it on. Loki's not even a luck or fortune god to claim her influence as a cover for shortfalls like that.

It is to gain experience, they do not have much experience. So they are assigned near the stronger ones so they can gain experience and learn about it. The stronger ones can protect the weaker ones. It is not that this floor is too hard for them, it's just something special happened, and they are still learning the newbs. It is also not a special force but they are just two groups that will do two different tasks. 

...You mad bro?

There's a difference between a veteran being a bit worried, or acting like a complete noob, which is what the mage is doing. She's noted as "second-class" compared to the others but taken in the context of the setting's leveling system then second-class shouldn't still be "fresh out of the tutorial." She's getting early-game lessons for someone in a mid-game or late-game position.

Like an army? Fine, look at it like an army and they're still being stupid. Take the FNG along with the whole thing, fine. She apparently hasn't passed basic training, but whatever there's a whole army there. Sending her along with the special forces team? Uhh...

"We are super-serious about our operations, except now we aren't and will toss out the half-trained kid" is bad writing. They don't even have the excuse of it being a desperate situation with no other choice, like nearly every other story that does a die-or-fly on the powerful but undisciplined kid thrust into a dangerous situation. It's a sidequest with a timer ready to run out, and they should have double-checked their assets before taking it on. Loki's not even a luck or fortune god to claim her influence as a cover for shortfalls like that.

...how the hell could the magic-user girl there have possibly gotten to the level she's supposed to be at, to fight that deep in the dungeon, while still acting like a completely untried rookie? Or, if she is a completely untried rookie, why the hell did the Familia leadership think it was smart to bring a dang newbie along that deep into the dungeon where the stakes are that high? We've seen how vicious the fifth level can get in the main series, never mind the fifty-first.

I mean I can get the storytelling reasons why you might have such a character. But not in the setting as we've been presented. This is a character and story you present along someone like Bell in the early levels of the dungeon, not with the super-elites in the deepest levels yet plumbed. I don't care how powerful her magic is, it doesn't reasonably justify bringing her along without the most basic survival skills or even just drilling some common sense into her - she panics like it's her first time seeing anything more dangerous than a house cat, can't even intelligently manage what she carries, and obviously shouldn't be trusted with any weapon more powerful than a butter knife.

I'm trying not to let this bother me but obviously I'm failing. Just... dammit, no. Manga logic can only go so far. It's throwing me completely out of the story. Lefiya's presence in this situation doesn't tell me that she gets special dispensation for being an amazing mage. It tells me either the dungeon isn't actually that dangerous, which kills its credibility and tension; or Loki Familia is a pack of idiots who deserve to get eaten the day their luck runs out and I hope that comes soon.

...You mad bro? Seriously no you need to get over it like a lot.  Yes the mage girl is a bit flighty but, you also need to remember that they brought the ENTIRE familia with them. It's not about "one group goes" they ALL went. The leader picked a line up based on the skill sets needed. The mage girl may have performance issues due to fear but, her comparability with the rest of the group she is in is more important. You don't bring another swordsman when your needing massive firepower put behind an attack. Furthermore, we've already seen from the main manga that Aizu isn't exactly fond of most people so having someone she *is* fond of in her group is for the best. Not to mention she was probably put there as a way to restrain Aizu from going too far out and getting injured.

The dungeon is dangerous, it's very dangerous and that's why it's a good idea to have a prepared ARMY (because they literally have an army and just split off into smaller groups with a base camp). Sides isn't it the case in like every freaking videogame that the mage is "squishy but OMG THE POWAA" in reality there is no revive spells so death is permanent. So I think even powerful mages would be a bit worried about fighting monsters since they are so squishy. RPG's don't parallel real life well at all when it comes to thinking rationally. There is always a certain amount of tension when facing a life or death situation. Even a hardened veteran can get a bit nervous when dealing with an unknown factor and this dungeon which can random encounter you, create irregularities, and change the very PATHS you use is one nasty Unknown factor combo. Anyone who actually goes into this dungeon has to have a bit of a death wish because it's insane.

...how the hell could the magic-user girl there have possibly gotten to the level she's supposed to be at, to fight that deep in the dungeon, while still acting like a completely untried rookie? Or, if she is a completely untried rookie, why the hell did the Familia leadership think it was smart to bring a dang newbie along that deep into the dungeon where the stakes are that high? We've seen how vicious the fifth level can get in the main series, never mind the fifty-first.

I mean I can get the storytelling reasons why you might have such a character. But not in the setting as we've been presented. This is a character and story you present along someone like Bell in the early levels of the dungeon, not with the super-elites in the deepest levels yet plumbed. I don't care how powerful her magic is, it doesn't reasonably justify bringing her along without the most basic survival skills or even just drilling some common sense into her - she panics like it's her first time seeing anything more dangerous than a house cat, can't even intelligently manage what she carries, and obviously shouldn't be trusted with any weapon more powerful than a butter knife.

I'm trying not to let this bother me but obviously I'm failing. Just... dammit, no. Manga logic can only go so far. It's throwing me completely out of the story. Lefiya's presence in this situation doesn't tell me that she gets special dispensation for being an amazing mage. It tells me either the dungeon isn't actually that dangerous, which kills its credibility and tension; or Loki Familia is a pack of idiots who deserve to get eaten the day their luck runs out and I hope that comes soon.

85% fanservice, 15% manga

Wow cute, so cute! Ais and her friends in the Loki familia are full on moe! Not only that, they have some pretty exciting dungeon adventures too. That Finn fellow looks just like the main character of some LN hahahaha. Aizu/Ais is so far ahead though, I wonder if Bell will ever be able to catch up, even with his growth+ skill.

well if she is lvl 5 some of her stats are around 4000-5000 i guess so might take a while but bells skill seems to get boosted by the number of love interests so who knows :D

Wow cute, so cute! Ais and her friends in the Loki familia are full on moe! Not only that, they have some pretty exciting dungeon adventures too. That Finn fellow looks just like the main character of some LN hahahaha. Aizu/Ais is so far ahead though, I wonder if Bell will ever be able to catch up, even with his growth+ skill.

Kinda wish that the main series would have chapters this long.

i don't, because it would take a lot more time to release because they would increase its release schedule. if the scanlator caught up with the japanese raws we would have a biweekly release with 22 pages per release amouting to something between 38-44 per month and if it were monthly would be 36-38 pages(future releases of this spin-off will almost certainly only have this much). 

This spin-off has more progress than the main manga already.

Don't forget there're 5 volume of LN for the main and 2 volume of LN for this one~
Idk about the progress comparison between the two tho

This spin-off has more progress than the main manga already.

Kinda wish that the main series would have chapters this long.

No matter whether it's in the original novels, the primary manga or this, Ais is just adorable.

I don't know where this is going but i would love to see more adventure that actually happens in their dungeons. There are definitely more powerful characters than Ais, in fact she also OP. Yare yare daze.

Oh, look, is the monster they were sent to defeat already defeated? this looks like fun.

I thought this was the main one haha 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics