Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 153votes)

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria

Alt Names: alt ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 外伝 ソード・オラトリアalt DanMachi Gaiden: Sword Oratoriaalt Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoriaalt 소드 오라토리아
Author: Oomori Fujino
Artist: Yagi Takashi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: This is an adaptation of the Sword Oratoria side story light novels to Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka. It covers the story of one of the strongest 1st class adventurer, "Sword Princess" Ais Wallenstein, and her desire to reach even greater heights with her friends in the Loki Familia.

> Spin-off of Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatteiru-darou-ka-r9803 )

Raw: http://www.ganganonline.com/contents/ais/
Go to Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Bete's Character Development New Window LuckyVirgo
  • 2 Replies
Topic I'd rather read new chapters of the original than this spin-off, wouldn't you? New Window mancoo
  • 9 Replies

481 Comments

In other news, I cannot get over how Hestia's pattern is so much cooler than everyone else's I've seen; if a God's ability to grant status is all the same, I'd much rather have that nice brazier tattooed on my back than that hideous clown Loki uses...

Well, hestia is the goddess of the hearth, and loki is the trickster god, so at least it makes sense.

I still love the scene of a bunch of veterans earnestly watching a newbie fight a monster they could each take out in one shot. 

Theseus was never an Argonaut and the Argonauts had nothing to do with killing the Minotaur.

But there are some sources that say he was an Argonaut, no? So it isn't really the author's mistake? Just which version you want to use.

Theseus was never an Argonaut and the Argonauts had nothing to do with killing the Minotaur.

True, but then, Hephaestus isn't a girl, either, so we can't expect the legendarium of Danmachi to match our world's. The names are similar, some of the divine themes are similar, but that's where it ends.

In other news, I cannot get over how Hestia's pattern is so much cooler than everyone else's I've seen; if a God's ability to grant status is all the same, I'd much rather have that nice brazier tattooed on my back than that hideous clown Loki uses...

What'd the author got wrong?

Every god damn time, I can't get over that the author confused the Argonauts & Theseus and just stuck with that. Every time I want someone to correct them.

What'd the author got wrong?

Every god damn time, I can't get over that the author confused the Argonauts & Theseus and just stuck with that. Theseus was suppose to be stuck in Hell during the Argonaut's journey which is after he killed the Minotaur. That also makes no sense because as a young man he meets a much older Medea married to Aegeus and that leads him to kill the Minotaur, but there is never any mention of encountering her years ago as an Argonaut nor does it fit with the previous timeline considering that the Argonauts meet Medea when she's a young girl. Every time I want someone to correct them.

i kinda dissappoint with how the anime didnt depict this series as tragedy as they did in this manga,

Spoiler

They were lazy and cut a lot of scenes short for more Lefiya moe shenanigans.

Totally agreed, i was really looking forward to seeing that fight animated, but they completely skipped it, i really cant understand at all, and its not like the fight was irrelevant to the plot either.

welp, guess, as any other ln adaptation (like how danmachi main story's manga to the anime), this manga will get left behind by the anime ver.

Spoiler

i kinda dissappoint with how the anime didnt depict this series as tragedy as they did in this manga,

Spoiler

Totally agreed, i was really looking forward to seeing that fight animated, but they completely skipped it, i really cant understand at all, and its not like the fight was irrelevant to the plot either.

Spoiler

Better than main novel and spin-off novel Sword Oratoria.

[...]

This artist ask Novel Author permission to add more event, move original character,... and he glad the Author acept it. (he say it in extra chapter)
His art and change of original event make ALL the character in this manga love-able. Everyone is just so COOL. Even that beastboy is better in this manga.
I never like the main series or its anime or its novel.

This coming from the same person who previously conceded that they haven't read the novels (and have shown absolutely no sign of any change on that front), so you wouldn't have even the slightest hint of what's actually different between the original light novels and the manga adaptations to begin with?

Not a very convincing argument. Especially when the rest of your argument boils down to style over substance.

P.S.

Magic square look worse than even manga.

The magic circles used in the Sword Oratoria anime are rather obviously scalable vector graphics versions of the magic circles used in the manga, either as almost perfect 1:1 rendition of the manga versions (such as for Riveria), or actually enhanced for more intricate details (such as for Lefiya).

The mangaka didn't add anything. The author for both this spin-off and the main series are the same person. What is hard to understand about this?

The mangaka has nothing to do with the story, what's happening, what conversations the characters are having, or anything regarding the story.

All they do is draw the manga, they don't do any of the writing.

This is not hard to understand, but then again English doesn't seem to be your first language.

The Author have give the ingredient.

It's this mangaka artist who cook it to first class meal. Better than anything else.

Better than main novel and spin-off novel Sword Oratoria.

Better than main series manga and anime.

Better than Spin-off anime Sword Otatoria.

This artist ask Novel Author permission to add more event, move original character,... and he glad the Author acept it. (he say it in extra chapter)

His art and change of original event make ALL the character in this manga love-able. Everyone is just so COOL. Even that beastboy is better in this manga.

I never like the main series or its anime or its novel.

I love only this manga.

In main series (anime, manga, novel) I saw a pussy harem protag (like any of protag in Harem anime). Who desperate try to catch up with Ais. All effort Novel Author, Mangaka Artist, Anime Director try to make him look cool seem force to me.

In this manga (not anime or novel) I saw a Determind and Cool Main Male. (he is just like Finn, give him 2 more years he can stand with Ais on even ground). At first I only thought that Ais see him that way.

Dude, this whole comments' section is toxic.

I know real well Bell is "Underestimate Main Character" from the very first time.

What I hate is how pussy he is in main series manga, anime. Even when he battle with Minotaur somehow seem forced. Artist fail to make a good image of him. 

A whole season of main series anime and 70 chapters of main series manga, don't leave a good impress of him at all. It look so forced.

But with simple a few chapters from this artist, he show me how nice, hardwork and cool Bell is. With the same ingridient but the meal turn out different.

Spoiler
Look at his eyes and you can see how cool and determine he is

while in main series

Spoiler

By the way, I also hate Ais and Lefiya in spin off anime, too. They make the girls look so bad. They change the story completely. Ais is like a life-less doll, Lefiya is way even more useless and pussy than Bell. Magic square look worse than even manga. They skip the boss battle, they skip the cute girls talk,...

In main series I hate the Tsundere beast boy, too. But in this spin-off, I somewhat like him.

In main series anime and manga I hate Bell but in this spin off I LOVE HIM. At first I thought only Ais imaging him that cool, but he is truely that cool.

Spoiler

This spin-off mangaka is way too good. He add a lot of detail + moe factors + cool factors, make me love all characters of this spin-off manga.

The mangaka didn't add anything. The author for both this spin-off and the main series are the same person. What is hard to understand about this?

The mangaka has nothing to do with the story, what's happening, what conversations the characters are having, or anything regarding the story.

All they do is draw the manga, they don't do any of the writing.

This is not hard to understand, but then again English doesn't seem to be your first language.

Your gross misunderstanding is literally your fault and no one else, loli.
I have mentioned Bell has a theme to his story and you have ignored it every single time. Do you even know what is the theme of Bell's story?
Hint 1: It's not freaking badass Alucard squashing every immortal and mortal like they are gnats.

I know real well Bell is "Underestimate Main Character" from the very first time.

What I hate is how pussy he is in main series manga, anime. Even when he battle with Minotaur somehow seem forced. Artist fail to make a good image of him. 

A whole season of main series anime and 70 chapters of main series manga, don't leave a good impress of him at all. It look so forced.

But with simple a few chapters from this artist, he show me how nice, hardwork and cool Bell is. With the same ingridient but the meal turn out different.

Spoiler
Look at his eyes and you can see how cool and determine he is

while in main series

Spoiler

By the way, I also hate Ais and Lefiya in spin off anime, too. They make the girls look so bad. They change the story completely. Ais is like a life-less doll, Lefiya is way even more useless and pussy than Bell. Magic square look worse than even manga. They skip the boss battle, they skip the cute girls talk,...

In main series I hate the Tsundere beast boy, too. But in this spin-off, I somewhat like him.

In main series anime and manga I hate Bell but in this spin off I LOVE HIM. At first I thought only Ais imaging him that cool, but he is truely that cool.

Spoiler

This spin-off mangaka is way too good. He add a lot of detail + moe factors + cool factors, make me love all characters of this spin-off manga.

Your gross misunderstanding is literally your fault and no one else, loli.
I have mentioned Bell has a theme to his story and you have ignored it every single time. Do you even know what is the theme of Bell's story?
Hint 1: It's not freaking badass Alucard squashing every immortal and mortal like they are gnats.

Mangaka is artist who draw the manga, he is also asking Author permission to add more character, he explain many thing that even Author don't explain.

I praise this Spin-off Mangaka, I say he is better than main series Mangaka, maybe even better than Author who thought of this Novel.

... And these are the kind of statements that keeps getting you into trouble.

Just like the main series, Sword Oratoria went from LN > Manga > Anime. The artist isn't coming up with a new story, just adapting the existing source material to a different media. At most, the artist may be choosing which details to focus on, which details to skim over, and which details to omit. 

This isn't like (for example) Fate/Zero, where Urobuchi pretty much had free reign to write what he wanted, beyond supervision from Nasu on the characters and the overall plot.

I know, that why I use "Author" and "Mangaka" seperate.

Author is Novel Author, the one have the main idea.

Mangaka is artist who draw the manga, he is also asking Author permission to add more character, he explain many thing that even Author don't explain.

I praise this Spin-off Mangaka, I say he is better than main series Mangaka, maybe even better than Author who thought of this Novel.

I don't know about this.  The AUTHOR writes the stuff.  The ARTIST draws it.  That's it.  Don't confuse the issue with the term Mangaka because it doesn't apply here.  A Mangaka is somebody who is drawing and writing his own manga. 

In this case, you have just the one AUTHOR, who people here are saying is the same one guy who has written the LNs and both Manga.  Which I think is damn awesome.  He obviously wanted to flesh out his universe with the spin off and it is pretty damn cool.  Consistent frameworks is always a good sign of a good writer.

Well, but his word really offense. If you ask me.

I now know that the knife is really weak in that situation, so I can't really say anything about that anymore. I can agree that it was a trash weapon.

But his word "Assumed Trash" really offense, it remind me of how Tate Yuusha's people treat MC like "Trash" because they're all assume he is just "trash". No matter how much hardwork he is.

You really have to pull back bit.  Conversational English is obviously not your primary language.  Which is NO INSULT TO YOU.  But you are taking things way out of context.  This has already been pointed out.  I'd suggest you either re-read the conversations again, or find/learn a bit more of the language.

He is not insulting the weapon.  "Assumed crap weapon" is NOT the same as calling the weapon trash.  It was stated as a fact.  The weapon is a Level 1 Weapon, because that is Bell's Level. So, in the context of the dungeon as a whole, for a level 5 person, it would be considered rubbish - because its only a level 1 weapon.  Get it?

Don't blame your lack of understanding (or poor memory) on the author not writing about it.

Spoiler

Hephaestus's concern isn't that newbie adventurers can't use overpowered weapons, but that such weapons stunt their growth... As in adventurers who become dependent on OP weapons can't cope if they lose that weapon, or if they face an enemy that weapon isn't effective against, nor can they use the weapons to their full potential, etc etc.

Rather, where did YOU arrive at the assumption that the DanMachi setting had any sort of hard level restrictions on what weapons adventurers can use?

Author for the original light novels of both the main series and Sword Oratoria is the same person, though of course variations will occur with manga adaptations.

Well, but his word really offense. If you ask me.

I now know that the knife is really weak in that situation, so I can't really say anything about that anymore. I can agree that it was a trash weapon.

But his word "Assumed Trash" really offense, it remind me of how Tate Yuusha's people treat MC like "Trash" because they're all assume he is just "trash". No matter how much hardwork he is.

Author is the same for every series, like how Index author is the same for all those spin-offs.  Only thing varying is the artist.

I know, that why I use "Author" and "Mangaka" seperate.

Author is Novel Author, the one have the main idea.

Spoiler

Mhmm, artwork and (for non-foreign readers) translation is a major part for anything that requires it.  Using the aforementioned Naruto example, I have no doubt in my mind that a majority of the English speaking fans were brought in through the dubbed anime, which at the time took big risks in how it was dubbed in comparison to others (4Kids One Piece I'm looking at you).

Anyways, on the topic of an author being in charge of adaptions and spin-offs... to be honest I have no clue.  This sort of thing definitely varies with the author and the company.  Some authors I can guess how involved they are, for example I have no doubt Kazuma Kamachi (author of the Index verse, Heavy Object, The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage, The Zashiki Warashi Of Intellectual Village, A Simple Survey, Killer Queen and Deep End, The Unexplored Summon://Blood Sign, etc.) is definitely a big part of his adaptions, overlooking his reclusive behavior.  I mean the guy writes waaaaaaay too much for him not to at least contribute the basic script/plot of each spin-off.

Though for things like adapting to anime or manga, since novelists aren't mangaka or anime directors, they probably give some trust to those guys since they are out of their element so to speak and would probably provide nothing more than highlighting certain scenes they think are important for their work.  Expecting an LN author to script out each panel would be like JK Rowling making a comic adaption of Harry Potter by herself, stupid.  Best leave it to the professionals and then approve or disapprove the results later.

Hephaestus's concern isn't that newbie adventurers can't use overpowered weapons, but that such weapons stunt their growth... As in adventurers who become dependent on OP weapons can't cope if they lose that weapon, or if they face an enemy that weapon isn't effective against, nor can they use the weapons to their full potential, etc etc.

As I understood it it's also a literal stunting of their growth.  Meaning that relying on the stronger weapon also inhibits their stat-growth, so they will grow slower, or possibly have less overall power per level.  Just like people will gain more muscle-mass lifting dead-weights directly than someone lifting the same weights using a lever (all else being equal.).

In any event... this really isn't important.  I'm honestly shocked that (the same?) people have been talking about this for so long.

Author is the same for every series, like how Index author is the same for all those spin-offs.  Only thing varying is the artist.

The artist's work can make a lot of difference in action series - there were plenty of times reading Naruto where I couldn't tell what the heck was happening, or even wondered if someone accidentally splattered a panel just before deadline. On the other hand, a great artist can convey amazing nuances of emotion.

I have no way (or desire) to evaluate between, but there's one other thing that makes a huge difference: The translation team. It's not hard for a superb author to sound like an idiot, or an idiot to sound good, all depending on the extremely-fine art of translation. I don't envy those who have to try to transform great writing in one language into great writing in another.

One thing I'm curious about, please forgive my ignorance: Are the author's words being adapted, or is the author literally writing the script for the manga as well as the light novels? The Seikai no Monshou/Senki manga I've seen were agonizing to read (although as noted just above, that might not have anything to do with the adapting writer).

I must say, this mangaka is way better than main series mangaka. (maybe even better than Author, I don't read the novel yet). He explained verything in detail.

He make all characters become so Cool and Bad-ass.

Last time I remember, Bell isn't this good and cool. I can now accept he is a man not just a pussy boy.

In main series, he is just a simple one in all of hardworking adventurers in Oratoria.

That Author give a plot armor make very girls all in love with him. I'm not convinced how Ais and every single girls keep falling in love with him.

I SURE ALL OF YOU GUYS don't even know if Bell can use weapon better than Hestia's Knife at the moment he kill the Minotaurus because Author don't write about it.

Don't blame your lack of understanding (or poor memory) on the author not writing about it.

Spoiler

Rather, where did YOU arrive at the assumption that the DanMachi setting had any sort of hard level restrictions on what weapons adventurers can use?

I must say, this mangaka is way better than main series mangaka. (maybe even better than Author, I don't read the novel yet). He explained verything in detail.

Author for the original light novels of both the main series and Sword Oratoria is the same person, though of course variations will occur with manga adaptations.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics