Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.16 - 1213votes)

Re:Monster

Alt Names: alt リ・モンスターalt Re Monsteralt Re:Monsteralt ReMonster
Author: Kanekiru Kogitsune
Artist: Kobayakawa Haruyoshi
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tomokui Kanata has been re-incarnated into the weakest race, goblin, and given a new name, Rou, after having undergone an unfortunate death.
However, goblin Rou has retained his previous life's memories and ability to learn skills from what he eats.

In this alternate world of survival of the fittest, events unfold. Will a goblin party become the heroes of this world, in a delightful twist from your usual scenario?

Original webcomic: http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/609000058/

Adaptation of light novel series written by Kanekiru Kogitsune

Web Novel translation: https://goo.gl/DzfDE9
Go to Re:Monster Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Similar MANGA/manhwa recommendations? New Window elbs
  • 42 Replies
Topic Elves chapter New Window KINT43E
  • 2 Replies
Topic Wondering if a Re:Monster Zero would be interesting New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 9 Replies
Topic Re:Monster Ch 28-32 Raws New Window Aneko
  • 0 Replies
Topic Keep it up No Group (and Clicli9 guy) New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 4 Replies
Topic Game Re:Monster New Window TeamdichJustT
  • 3 Replies

2190 Comments

First time this goblin wake up he see one ugly old goblin. If that was me, I would yell from fear or puke after seeing that ugly face.

Interesting take on evolution and first pages on first chapter already gave away what evolution chart he is going to take but chapter 3 give hint about he evolving more beyond of Ogre step.

Following because it's interesting!

Spoiler
thanks krossite for the evo info

if you look at this page http://vatoto.com/read/_/247357/remonster_ch1_by_ak-scanlations/3 you'll see his first evolution in the foreground, meaning that's probably his second evolution in the background
[continue}....

Spoiler

Edit:

Goddamit, i just spoiled myself below. oh well. .

By the looks of the cover if he doesn't have the crystal on his forehead like The Lord and the slight resemblance of the ogre he might be on the lines of a demon or some type of demon considering the ? In the rankings.

Spoiler
thanks krossite for the evo info

By the looks of the cover if he doesn't have the crystal on his forehead like The Lord and the slight resemblance of the ogre he might be on the lines of a demon or some type of demon considering the ? In the rankings.

If you really want to know:

If you don't feel like speculating Rou's evo path,here's a spoiler for you.

Spoiler

This manga have only 3 chapter out now, the original story is a serie of novels out in Japan (should be 4 for now, great covers) , no team translated them for now but I think it will become a war for releasing the 1st chapter soon. The novel started in 2012 if not before then is very probable the Korean guy who makes "The Gamer" was inspired by this and Skyrim (really high chances because not many koreans make anything original) because TG is less than 1 year old.

With his unique absoption skill is even possible to him to become a totally new goblin variant, but from the info I got he "just" unlocked a class the goblin thought extinct.

Edit: maybe is a short war: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10465

Various info in Jap and LN covers Spoiler: http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/book/detail/1042954/?r_kind=1

I love this kind of story, a MC who knows what he is doing and not human or human-like (robots, aliens etc.) for once.

This manga is awesome, can't wait for the next chapter.

This.. this manga is awesome.

Spoiler

Also

Spoiler

Is there a translated light novel for this? Anyone has a link?

Updates every FOURTH thursday.

Another agonizing release schedule 

i might start another monthly manga this week....

If you don't feel like speculating Rou's evo path,here's a spoiler for you.

Spoiler

this one is suprisingly good

the universe in this manga is wierd, it's like most game based stories but with abilities instead of loot and only the main character gains them, makes me think of the gamer all of a sudden.

Quite the opposite, actually. Ghouls eat rotten flesh and corpses. It is stated that freshness is vital for Rou's ability to trigger, so becoming a ghoul is pretty much the opposite and least likely path for him.

It would be highly likely he would be more suited to the Vampire path as he eats fresh meat, therefore drinks lots of blood with that intake of meat......speculative though.....

Moral of the story, Yandere kills, even for a boosted man, who's also an esper that has gained various abilities...

*&($#@% cliffhanger endings

I can't help but love and hate them at the same time.

It seems like he really SHOULD go down the ghoul path though, based on his power...

Quite the opposite, actually. Ghouls eat rotten flesh and corpses. It is stated that freshness is vital for Rou's ability to trigger, so becoming a ghoul is pretty much the opposite and least likely path for him.

Rou does not look like a lord. He lacks the crystal or whatever it is on the forehead and the horns are also shaped and sized like an ogre's. Kichi looks like an ogre too, but is more of a physical presence while Rou looks rather balanced.

If anything I'd say Rou's gonna take the Ogre->Vampire path (or something not included in the diagram - after all there was still the "?" path) since he already displays high intelligence and it would match his special skill.

It seems like he really SHOULD go down the ghoul path though, based on his power...

Anybody know where to find raw chapters?

1-3 is in the description, 4 is only coming out at the 26th.

it's right up there in the description.

From the wiki seems like Rou ranked up in a extinct Goblin race, variant of the Lord I believe.

Kichi should be a minotaur.

Gobumi a half-vampire.

The 4th goblin have a pickaxe and seems to be a miner.

I've seen the human girl pic, I don't know if is the Yandere girl, there is a resemblance but is too little for confirming it.

This is getting pretty interesting. I look forward to seeing what happens in the future.

Also man, MC's ability is pretty fucking crazy.

Wow.... I beleive this is one of the most interesting mangas that I have read in quite a while.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics