Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 158votes)

Mayonaka no X Giten

Alt Names: alt 半夜的X仪式alt 真夜中のX儀典alt Mayonaka no Cross Methodalt Midnight Cross Method
Author: Yamaguchi Mikoto
Artist: Bareisho
Genres: Drama DramaEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hiroki has a plump NEET Shut-in for an older sister, which leads him to always think "It's better to be a girl!"

While taking care of his plump lazy self-centered sister Yui, he has finally had enough of her behaviour, and snaps at her. Griping about his plump sister, Hiroki mutters "I wish we weren't related", and accesses a mysterious website address.

The website claims to allow you to enter the body of another person, as long as you are willing to make your own body available as well. Skeptical, Hiroki tries the service and winds up in the body of popular idol Mikuriya Mikuni.

While spending time as Mikuni, Hiroki is involved in finding out a secret about her he'd rather not. At the same time, when seeking to go back to his own body, the person occupying it tells him something outrageous has just happened!

What happened to Hiroki's body during the incident? And what is the idol Mikuni's big secret? Be witness to the suspense as these mysteries pile up!
Go to Mayonaka no X Giten Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cleans for chapter 3 New Window Agnir
  • 0 Replies
Topic Cleans For Chapter 1 New Window Agnir
  • 0 Replies

378 Comments

Chapter 5 is out. I've got some TLC to do on other stuff, but I'll get cracking on it over the next few days.

Man this series is fantastic, when I read the summary, I thought this was a comedic romance, good god chapter one changed that shit real quick. It's a solid mystery that hasn't ever been done before, however the spiritual powers idea might be going a little overboard. Hell, "it's based around what you most desire", so the person occupying his body can change gender at will? Or for an even more bullshit leftfielder,

Wow, I didn't even know the this was by the same author, I mean the murder mystery concept reminded me of shinigami saigo, but I didn't recognize the art at all. Hell I recently found another one of his series that I didn't know was by him, "scumbag loser". It's sad that shinigami didn't do that well, the author can think up some amazing plots.

Having a Supernatural tag mean the manga is free to depict spiritual power however the author wants. I don't know how you arrived at the conclusion that they can "change gender at will" as there are certain conditions to be met and limits too if you bother to read properly. The author Yamaguchi isn't the artist for this manga, only Shinigami-sama ni Saigo no Onegai wo and Saiteihen no Otoko -Scumbag Loser- were both written and drawn by Yamaguchi.

Well, the art style is to my liking and the story somehow reminds me of Mirai Nikki, I'm not implying anything negative here, don't get wrong. In fact, the mystery element is well done to the point that the suspense makes me want to read the next chapter right away. O_O

This title have the potential to be adapted into anime but Shounen manga is often given priority over Seinen manga but there is still a chance. Let's hope :)

Artist of Urahara! insta-follow!

Very good manga, the story description is sort of misleading. This is a mystery and a good one so far. My thanks to the group doing the hard work, great job with a tough subject.

Man this series is fantastic, when I read the summary, I thought this was a comedic romance, good god chapter one changed that shit real quick. It's a solid mystery that hasn't ever been done before, however the spiritual powers idea might be going a little overboard. Hell, "it's based around what you most desire", so the person occupying his body can change gender at will? Or for an even more bullshit leftfielder, I bet his ability is revival and by the end of the series he revives his sister, hell, her preserved body is sitting in a fridge. All in all though, I will say that the characters are well done, the MC realizes that he has no chance clear his name, so he's going blood for blood, but at the same time he wants to avoid any unnecessary deaths, that and he can actually defend himself. Miku as well is really well done, she's a total bitch that does the star routine for money, but she backs it up with a past trauma that fuels her desire for money and she doesn't try to act fake offstage. 

Discovered this manga today. So glad that I did. I've really been in love with the author since Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo, but it ended so badly. ): I hope we get lots, and lots more of this series!

Wow, I didn't even know the this was by the same author, I mean the murder mystery concept reminded me of shinigami saigo, but I didn't recognize the art at all. Hell I recently found another one of his series that I didn't know was by him, "scumbag loser". It's sad that shinigami didn't do that well, the author can think up some amazing plots. 

I believe that the killer seems to be the most thrustable character they are gonna meet in the entire series... I could be wrong, but that's my sincere impression.

That's probably the route this will go in, especially given the fact that the nations top idol is a total bitch. But if that major leftfield accusation someone threw out about the pres being the killer is true, I'm gonna throw a chair. We are only at the 4 chapter 

That thought exercise and what Dowolf said earlier has given me another theory:

Maybe the "thing he left behind" was going to confront the real Sachi in his original body? Because what's still confusing is: Why apparently Direct Cross with someone, only to kill people and get arrested yourself? Assuming this really is a case of the person in Sachi not being the real one, they may be a victim as well, even though it certainly seems like they are creepy and deranged. Sachi could have done it, then Direct Crossed with him to get him arrested instead.

Or hell, the one in Sachi right now could be the younger sister -- intentionally given non-life-threatening injuries, then Direct Cross just before the police arrived, or duped her into a visitation where it was used telling her doing it would let her know why he did it, without knowing what it really did.

(The wrinkle in this is the one in Sachi knows about Cross Act and the Abilities, which would be hard to figure out on your own.)

In the end: I guess I have no fucking idea ;D

Between Cross Act, the "Direct Cross" and knowledge of the Cross Abilities, you could do some really crazy things. Especially if the other person doesn't know about Direct Cross. (And assuming the person in Sachi isn't the real person, he already has...)

IE: Hijack the life of someone with little or no repercussions. Like so:

Guy does Cross Act into some girl lets say and likes her life, or she has an awesome Cross Ability or whatever. Use those two hours to travel as close to your original body as possible, then find somewhere to literally lock yourself to a bed or something where they won't be heard. Switch back, travel there, force a Direct Cross. tldr, but some possible repercussions if they try to come after you later. (Drugging them probably wouldn't help, since after the swap, you would be the one knocked out. But maybe drugging YOURSELF as you're doing it, so they can't pursue initially.)

Assuming a "Double Cross" is possible, and that Direct Cross can be done between any two people with the Seals. (Since I doubt both Mikuni and Kaede were invited, I'm of the assumption she just printed out a second one and gave it to Kaede. It's like an "invite-a-friend" beta code or something) You could do almost a perfect getaway. Do Cross Act, then reach your target that has no idea about the system and force a Direct Cross. They then think that person was the one doing it. (Admittedly, there are a lot of IFs with this one though, such as if they get stuck there, or if they would bounce back to YOUR original body after the 2hrs, etc.)

Or possibly the simplest if you don't care about Cross Abilities: Pick a target that's not involved, find a way to Direct Cross without them seeing you before, then feign ignorance and claim they're crazy when they come up to you later. Get them arrested if they try going further. In the meantime, change the locks on the door, or move spare keys, change passwords etc. So they really begin to doubt themselves. (Since apparently you don't even need a Cross Ability to read the mind of the person you're currently in? Or is that maybe an extension of Mikuni's Silent Confession ability?)

Why Mikuni doesn't remember that she chose a red door, yet ended up in a "guy" is odd though.

My guess to this is based on a few things:
1) The door is specifically stated to be associated with the body of a person
2) Something happens to people who spend too long in Sachi's presence <-- because of a Cross Ability?
3) Cross Abilities can only be used while one is not in her original body.
4) I would doubt someone would be able to get access to the Internet / a printer late at night while in prison <-- This isn't Sachi's first time switching bodies?

So... Yeah. My guess is that the current (male?) owner of Sachi's body isn't its original soul.

Do not ever negotiate with murderers.

Oh man.

After reading the parts about the doors and the cross abilities... whoever posted about the killer being the president might be right.

Something else I need to fix in the v2 is the "he" was in quotes when the gov't guy was referring to Kirishima. I was thinking he was just revolted and didn't want to barely refer to him as human or something. But Dowolf pointed out that, much like I thought it was odd as well, Sachi is usually a female name. I would assume the implication is that Sachi is actually female, so the door would have been red. Why Mikuni doesn't remember that she chose a red door, yet ended up in a "guy" is odd though. (I can't see how you would go 2hrs and not notice what gender the person was.)

Oh man.

After reading the parts about the doors and the cross abilities... whoever posted about the killer being the president might be right.

Dowolf graciously offered up a number of TLC comments to me, so I'll revise and release a v2 in the next day or so, if you want to re-read it then and maybe it helps clear a few things up for people.

well this is my idea, the class incho change to his sister, his sister change to him knowing another woman came to his brother, she kill incho in her body and now in incho body are his sister... hahaha.... so wild my imagination...

Personally I think your theory is partially correct, I think the class president swapped with him to teach the sister a lesson originally sice she likes him and read his blog about the horrible sister, when the sister comes into his bed the class press blows her cap and then you have this wonderful mess

Does the idol lose her virginity or not? I thought the pcture from before that she brought was photoshoped?

This was a hard line to bring across, so maybe I could have been clearer. No she didn't lose it.

EDIT: Dowolf says it's referring to her being angry earlier when she thought her virginity was taken.

One thing you regretfully left behind huh

Spoiler

And that's the thing he wants to clear now -.-

Yeah, that's what I think too. It presents an interesting dilemma for our protagonists. 

So now there's a cross ability?

lol

If they agree to this swap thing for a day

I would say they're really stupid

Then again. it's not like they have another clue to investigate beside the murderer guy

I believe that the killer seems to be the most thrustable character they are gonna meet in the entire series... I could be wrong, but that's my sincere impression.

Discovered this manga today. So glad that I did. I've really been in love with the author since Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo, but it ended so badly. ): I hope we get lots, and lots more of this series!

Shallan Davar the Lightweaver credit page! 

Does the idol lose her virginity or not? I thought the pcture from before that she brought was photoshoped?

Spoiler
MIYAMURA IZUMI WAT DE FAK R U DOING IN A JAIL GO BACK TO YOUR MANGA AND STAY LOVEY DOVEY WITH HORI

Speaking of last expressions, Nee-chan was smiling when she died and conveys "I love you, Hiroki"; seeing a good elder sister like that die is heart-breaking.

It's interesting that the "switching bodies" is more complex than expected. Adding the "cross abilities" creates diversity. Reading their minds is one of the useful abilities they have in their arsenal, so I hope they can actually use it next time on someone who does not know about it.

Kirishima Sachi is their prime suspect because his motive fits as well as his psycopathic tendencies (and 'oh boy', does he look insane). However, I doubt that he is the culprit, considering that they mentioned that doors are unique to the bodies. As a result, I conclude that someone must have targeted Nee-chan on purpose knowing the appearance of Hiroki's door. I doubt she died only because of some perverse impulse.

The mysterious commenter that took an interest in Hiroki's blog, that was all about his sister, is highly one of the most suspicious. I believe the culprit has a connection with Nee-chan's situation as a NEET. Hiroki states that she was a reliable sister and something changed that. It also felt as though she was about to reveal something important to Hiroki before he decided to switch bodies, although, all of this is only mere speculation.

That was a very good aneue;; of course she has to suffer cuz of a little brother's ignorance.

One thing you regretfully left behind huh

Spoiler

And that's the thing he wants to clear now -.-

well this is my idea, the class incho change to his sister, his sister change to him knowing another woman came to his brother, she kill incho in her body and now in incho body are his sister... hahaha.... so wild my imagination...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics