Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * - - (3.39 - 44votes)

Wanoja

Alt Names: alt Bakirealt Girl
Author: Fauzi Zulfikar F.
Artist: Fauzi Zulfikar F.
Genres: Comedy ComedyGender Bender Gender BenderSchool Life School Life
Type: Other
Description: If you lose your consciousness at 12 o'clock of the 12th day of 12th month, then half of your soul will become a new person, or "Wanoja." One day a man bunks his head and half of his soul becomes a girl.

The official web-comic version at NGOM!K (Indonesian):
http://ngomik.com/comic/4488-wanoja?ref=100642
Go to Wanoja Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

45 Comments

That grinding face LMAO.

i'll fallow just curious on how the story plays out I don't care much for the art form but it reminds me of Korean Manhwa but just a bit

[ whoa whoa, am i being offended here? am i pointing that word to someone here? i'm talking about translation here, whether it vulgar or not it can't help... and like i said, you're too literally, you should formulated them to english not just translated them, that's ppl called as translator's skill...

i dont intend being translator, but feel free ask me anything

This follows the cliche - polite girl, vulgar boy.
She uses the polite/indirect term, yet you suggested the vulgar term. Granted, politeness degrees tend to disappear in Jap-Eng translation as well.
[continue].....

Spoiler

I could do without these large color covers. Something about the mouths and eyes puts them right in the uncanny valley.

It is as though with every cover her face changes so much she could be an entirely different character.  I think chapter 7 had the ugliest cover, because her facial structure changes and she suddenly looks like a Westerner with green hair.  (I'm still waiting for more translations.  I don't think the old translators even know I've done any typesetting.)

6 hours later update:  The good news is I think I have another translator, for chapter 4 at least.

I could do without these large color covers. Something about the mouths and eyes puts them right in the uncanny valley.

Spoiler

whoa whoa, am i being offended here? am i pointing that word to someone here? i'm talking about translation here, whether it vulgar or not it can't help... and like i said, you're too literally, you should formulated them to english not just translated them, that's ppl called as translator's skill...

i dont intend being translator, but feel free ask me anything

For now I typeset the 5 pages you provided, and they are on my blog, although I'd rather go for a looser translation that makes sense without having to think when reading.  I'm enjoying this discussion and loving how for every chapter someone tries to translate that swear word, Kirik, (dog), a little differently.  Aside from bitch, does slut ever work?

Really interesting take on the whole gender-bender genre. Interesting how the Wanoja remembers everything about switching bodies while the real body remembers nothing. I also wonder where the body of the one who's being possessed sole is.

Spoiler

It is better to use 'dog'. 'Puppy' is too cute even for a swear word. 'dog' in Sundanese is similar to 'f*ck' in English.

-Gogorowokan means shouting.

-Wadah Runtah means Trash Can.

haha i like it- someone say this ^ fresh comedy ^
i'm javanese - may be i can help u make more Greget

I think the best translation to GR would be "conceited" or someting like that. It's like "becoming Tengu" in Japanese.

Yup, conceited is a much better term than the current one.

Partial translation of chapter 4. Indonesian proficiency is not enough for this - you need someone who knows Sundanese (central & southern part of West Java).
Spoiler
I think the best translation to GR would be "conceited" or someting like that. It's like "becoming Tengu" in Japanese.

I agree that you need those scenes or it's jarring.  I need a translator...someone who is reading this to offer to translate chapter 4.

Is the page order wonky or was part of the story skipped? We don't see the girl get sick/unstable, or the guy deal with the "I am you!" revelation.

@Anastasiadinara, I replaced that part- thanks a lot!   Think of these chapters as first drafts, because I don't have a stable translator atm, and so if someone tells me a better way to translate something I will try to update them.  For this project, I'm just typesetting and editing the raw English translations that had been provided, so they will makes more sense and sound better.  I don't have any translations after chapter 3 though.

So far it seems like the two leads are being paired together. If that's the case: would them copulating be considered masturbation?

whoops, the chapter is gone?

this is indonesian manga from Fauzi Zulfikar F. as author and artist

and add comedy and drama  tags for this manga

here some manga from his work

fauzy_zulvikar.ngomik.com/

Though the gender-bender mechanism feels a bit arbitrary, the setting is a rather interesting take on the genre. Can't really say anything about the characters or conflict yet, which this kind of story relies heavily upon.

This manga needs a translator, typesetter (and editor).  I'd rather spend time translating Japanese than typesetting Indonesian, so consider this first chapter a service.  If you like this series go help out on the Farhad tg forum.  There are already 2 more chapters with text translations.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics