Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 38votes)

The Sinking of Japan

Alt Names: alt Japan Sinksalt Nihon Chinbotsualt 日本沈没alt Гибель Японии
Author: Komatsu Sakyou
Artist: Ishiki Tokihiko
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Japan is a seismically active country, so the occasional trembler isn’t anything that people get too worked up about. They happen and it’s unfortunate, but in general Japan is prepared. But there is one scientist who believes that he has found proof that a recent quake has triggered a cataclysmic event, and that within a year Japan will sink into the sea. Now if he can get anyone to believe him before it’s too late…

Also known as Japan Sinks, this is based on the award-winning novel and movie of the same name.
Go to The Sinking of Japan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

63 Comments

It's called "benefit of the doubt", man. We've known the character for less than an hour of his life, and know nothing about his backstory or reasons for why he acts the way he does.

And plus, he's saved probably 5 or more lives so far with his "hunches" alone. Not even counting the fact the restaurant might not have been evacuated in time without him. If I knew someone who could save that many lives based on a hunch, I'd probably be pretty nice to them too.

Just saying.

My point is that those characters are not acting naturally. Nobody is an asshole as big as the main character, and nobody would treat such a person the way we see in the manga. The author is more likely fulfilling some kind of fantasy of an unlikeable hero, personification of his own social anxiety, than following a well thought-out plan for character development.

Thx for the scanlations. I'm not a fan of the gif page though.

The main character is an antisocial asshole who treats everybody like shit. And yet everybody's treating him well and praising his "ability", which is just a hunch. It sickens me.

It's called "benefit of the doubt", man. We've known the character for less than an hour of his life, and know nothing about his backstory or reasons for why he acts the way he does.

And plus, he's saved probably 5 or more lives so far with his "hunches" alone. Not even counting the fact the restaurant might not have been evacuated in time without him. If I knew someone who could save that many lives based on a hunch, I'd probably be pretty nice to them too.

Just saying.

thx Kisu KMS for this and all previous releases

The main character is an antisocial asshole who treats everybody like shit. And yet everybody's treating him well and praising his "ability", which is just a hunch. It sickens me.

They just making too much noise man!

Anyhow he's much better than all those Tokyo dwellers that didn't help them out initially, and he risked his arm being squashed. I'd say he's okay all things considered.

Can't read ch3, all what I see is a blank page with a box of Kisu's website and facebook page... IN ALL THE PAGES!

Very interesting so far.

It has an old school feeling, maybe its the art or that its based on a novel, but it seems like something done on the 70-80s.

It's been a while since I read any disaster theme manga and from the look of it, this is very promising

To be completely honest, the art or the characters aren't jumping out at me, but the story is certainly intriguing.

Following with the hope of seing more.

Really interesting.. Gotta love Kisu picks (Well, except when they are affiliated with the artists) Hope to get consistant releases on this one (not necessarily fast, but consistant)

Following the hell outta this, I can't wait to read more. Perfectly fitting art (which stands out on its own for the sheer level of detail), the story this is based off is fantastic, and there are more than enough chapters for this story to be told without unnecessary trimming.

Kisu KMS, thanks for bringing this to us, I'm in for the long haul.

And those fangs: :3

The link I posted should have taken you to the correct page, 559.

It's post #11168

Try this one: http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/933-cam-whores-r-us/page-559

Ahh.. found it, it's awesome that you're true to your avatar -- a true manga enthusiast indeed. :)

Still navigating through all the pages, still haven't found Pervy yet

The link I posted should have taken you to the correct page, 559.

It's post #11168

Try this one: http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/933-cam-whores-r-us/page-559

You should check out MY picture in the CamWhores thread here:

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/933-cam-whores-r-us/page-559#entry1160753

I was born with the genetic condition of having slightly longer canine teeth than normal.  So I also developed a taste for all things vampirical.

Still navigating through all the pages, still haven't found Pervy yet

But truthfully my first nickname that was given to me in my childhood was "Alucard" thus my affiliation with Vampirism. :) Off-topic, but I might as well share it.

You should check out MY picture in the CamWhores thread here:

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/933-cam-whores-r-us/page-559#entry1160753

I was born with the genetic condition of having slightly longer canine teeth than normal.  So I also developed a taste for all things vampirical.

But truthfully my first nickname that was given to me in my childhood was "Alucard" thus my affiliation with Vampirism. :) Off-topic, but I might as well share it.

Let's see, for this weapon...  I think I'll make it...  "Concentrated, Highly Toxic Flatulence"!!!

I'll need some special ingredients...   Umm...  ALL RIGHT!!!

First, some rotten eggs, then some stale beer, plenty of beans, and finally, the secret ingredient...  GARLIC!!!

SHIT... how did you know I have an affiliation to vampirism... noo!!!!

This conversation is amusing.

/me follows Pervy to the laboratory, casually looks while Pervy invents the weapon that will kill me.

Let's see, for this weapon...  I think I'll make it...  "Concentrated, Highly Toxic Flatulence"!!!

I'll need some special ingredients...   Umm...  ALL RIGHT!!!

First, some rotten eggs, then some stale beer, plenty of beans, and finally, the secret ingredient...  GARLIC!!!

/me follows Pervy to the laboratory, casually looks while Pervy invents the weapon that will kill me.

knowing pervy, it'll probably just involve a rather oversized enema.

Please tell Blue that I don't want to take away her job, I am merely offering my help should she or your group need it for this series.

(God!  I really hate making a SERIOUS comment in series comment sections!!!  But PrionBlank, you can expect my revenge for making me do this in the near future!!!  MUA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!)

(Please imagine my evil laughter in a Snidely Whiplash style voice.)

*Returns to secret laboratory to invent a new diabolical weapon for exacting my Ultimate Revenge on Prion.*

Don't worry Pervy, we'll try to update this regularly, as for your message, I'll talk with Blue first since she's the current PR for this series, though she has already tons of PR work, I'll ask her first before I decide.

Please tell Blue that I don't want to take away her job, I am merely offering my help should she or your group need it for this series.

(God!  I really hate making a SERIOUS comment in series comment sections!!!  But PrionBlank, you can expect my revenge for making me do this in the near future!!!  MUA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!)

(Please imagine my evil laughter in a Snidely Whiplash style voice.)

*Returns to secret laboratory to invent a new diabolical weapon for exacting my Ultimate Revenge on Prion.*

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics