Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 173votes)

Chihayafuru

Alt Names: alt ちはやふるalt จิฮายะalt Chihaya Fullalt Chihaya Furualt 花牌情緣alt 치하야후루alt Tutkulu
Author: Suetsugu Yuki
Artist: Suetsugu Yuki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Chihaya Ayase is a girl who has spent most of her life simply supporting her sister in her model career. That changes when she meets a boy named Arata Wataya, a talented karuta player. After becoming friends, he believes that Chihaya has potential to become a great player. As Chihaya takes on a new dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player, she is soon separated from her karuta playing friends as they grow up. Now in high school, Chihaya is reunited with her childhood friend, Taichi Mashima. Together, they form the Mizusawa Karuta Club. With her teammates and friends supporting her, Chihaya strives to become the best karuta player in the world and to one day be with Arata again.
Go to Chihayafuru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cuándo será traducido los seguientes capitulos al español ? New Window StephanieBR
  • 2 Replies
Topic Current Chapter Discussion / Spoilers New Window BowlOfNoodles
  • 3 Replies

555 Comments

thank you Lazy Ass Scans for your hard work!
Cool!! Great to see Arata again in chapters 89 - 92! When skimming through the volumes he didn't really show up much. Rooting for Arata here!
If you have the power to look into the future, would you look? That's the meaning of skipping manga chapters, it's cheating in life but it feels good, can't help but give in to the temptation.
Well, I am rooting for Taichi.
last page of ch 28 makes me want to cry ;__;
Spoilers for v16....ch 86 87 88

http://tdx-manga.livejournal.com/17067.html
hohohoho...looks like the ice queen got melted by the hot chick... :D
@dot: I see....well, I will for sure depend on you guys when I finish the anime, so good luck! =]
@leokiko We could but Madhouse has started to skip scenes in the manga in order to cover more chapters and since they aren't being consistent we can't really just guess at where Chihayafuru's going to end until it has ended. Although I personally don't think it's fair to those not watching the anime either... Also, even if I put all my time & energy into cleaning, I can't seem to catch up with the anime because they cover too much of the manga in a single episode. I'm sure it's worse for translation since we have just one translator working hard on it.
PS. The raws are public and it's not that hard to guess at the basics of what's going on based on expressions and backgrounds alone.
And about the scans: Couldn't they just skip to scanlating the parts after the end of the anime? Feel like watching the anime instead of reading their scans x.x
lol?So Chihaya LOSE AGAIN TO SHINOBU? WTF? So she didn't get any better?

...so many chapters and still getting owned, no development at all?
ok if someone wants to read v15 spoiler here is the link

http://tdx-manga.livejournal.com/13698.html
Lazy Ass Scans & Living Dolls are doing a really good job.
the hyakunin isshu brought me here. i'm so glad the manga's being scanlated, and that kana-chan got her monologue on the greatness of the poems
YAY! Thank you for the updates!!
I love this manga - thanks so much for scanning it - I had never heard of karuta before I read it but it is so cool to learn about stuff and read a great story.
Thank you Lazy Ass Scan!!! Thank youuuu!!! Such a lovely chapter ^^ ♥ Even though I'm sure I won't be able to understand the karuta game (ever) haha.. it is still so exciting. I watched a couple episodes of the anime just so I can hear how the cards are read.. lol..
I really enjoyed reading this series and the heroine is lovable :).

[Plus, it's really nice to know that it's an active project of the scanlators... YAY!!)
@HammerU89
Whatever happens at vol15's end? You got me really impatient to know)
hmmm...
Lazy Ass Scans are doing a really good job with this project.
@aruless, the 15th volume just came out a little while ago. The end of the volume is a must see...:)
I was so sad that the next episode of Chihayafuru would be aired next week and I'm sadder to find out that it will be the last episode. It was the only anime in this season I really watched I started 3 other animes but dropped them after a while.
Thanks for the upload.
@HammerU89

Ah thats rly bad for me, so how many vols are out? Maybe i should look the raws xD
I wouldn't worry about Arata.
Spoiler
Lets start the fan war xD

The hell taichi, fking coward, pussy kid.(Ok this is a jk, so dont take it @heart :P)

Now for real, im hoping for relationship between her and arata, like i say before taichi is just ur average shoujo male char.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics