Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.44 - 71votes)

Birdy the Mighty (II)

Alt Names: alt Birdy the Mighty 2alt 鐵腕女警alt 鉄腕バーディー(II)alt Tetsuwan Birdy (II)
Author: Yuuki Masami
Artist: Yuuki Masami
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A remake of Birdy the Mighty.

Birdy Cephon Altera is a Federation agent chasing interplanetary criminals to the planet Earth. While in pursuit of one such criminal, she accidentally kills a high school boy named Tsutomu Senkawa. Fortunately for Tsutomu, there is a way to keep him alive. He ends up being merged into Birdy's body and must remain so until the repair of his body is complete.

So, Tsutomu is stuck sharing a body with an attractive, strong, and impulsive space police agent while trying to keep his family and friends from finding out about Birdy. In the meantime, Birdy continues her investigation. Together, they take on a secretive group of evil aliens planning to perform experiments on the unsuspecting inhabitants of Earth.

"The original manga ran in what is now Monthly Sunday, but when Masami Yuki began serializing Kyuukyoku Choujin R in the pages of Shonen Sunday it began appearing infrequently, and was eventually abandoned. Only one volume was ever collected. In 2003 Masami Yuki moved from Shonen Sunday to Weekly Young Sunday, a seinen magazine, and began drawing a remake version, starting the story from the beginning." --Wikipedia
Go to Birdy the Mighty (II) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Translation revived again (again)! New Window birdythemighty
  • 2 Replies
Topic Translation has been revived! New Window Shion Arita
  • 9 Replies
Topic Help to search an translation group New Window haloleute
  • 8 Replies
Topic Birdy the Mighty translation New Window Byakugaran
  • 2 Replies
Topic Complaint department now open New Window Ronin Ixioran
  • 4 Replies
Topic Spoilers, get yer red hot spoilers... New Window Ronin Ixioran
  • 11 Replies

181 Comments

Anyone know what chapter it is where Tsutomu and Birdy's minds start to fuse and he can't change her body into his anymore?

So that's why Mido is getting so much attention. I wonder if Shigenobu has the balls to deal with his now crazy retainer, or is he just going to roll over?
I've finally reached the arbitrary goal of becoming contributor! Hurray! I've finished translating up to chapter 165, which means volume 15 is officially over. I can finally rest, just have to leave the editing to Bric now.

I was thinking Chigira's not very good at connecting dots, but he never has a chance to figure out what's what. His family is part of a cult, the cult puts him in a hospital that does human experiments, he then goes to that cult to hide from the people trying to do human experiments on him.  He just knows crazy women like Leigh and Capella are after him and something was done to him in the hospital he's gone to as a kid. He never even met Hikawa.

"You gave me no choice!"

Best excuse, ever.

artwork is boring and manga is boring

gets 1 boring star out of 5

Nice, that's a pretty good thing I suppose. So low in boring elements that only gets one star...

The real rating would be between 8 and 9, I suppose.

Why the sudden rise of fan service I wonder?

Gotta make those babies for the sequel. :V

Why the sudden rise of fan service I wonder?

Again the main story seems to be Chigira's spiritual journey while Tsutomu and Birdy are basically just fooling around. How many chapters have there been where the most eventful thing to happen was taking a bath now?

Well Hikawa and Revi are bound to cross paths with Birdy soon, so I'd say the suspense is building up... must have been a really good bath though!

Again the main story seems to be Chigira's spiritual journey while Tsutomu and Birdy are basically just fooling around. How many chapters have there been where the most eventful thing to happen was taking a bath now?

artwork is boring and manga is boring

gets 1 boring star out of 5

Hot date with Gomez. *__* I always knew you liked the family men, Tsutomu.

Hoping that the translation will not die....again

"I Want to know your true identity"

"Welcome aboard!"

:V So much for bargaining.

Hey birdythemighty, you can request the contributor status. Contributor status allows users to upload comics to Batoto without manual review by moderators.
https://vatoto.com/forums/forum/3884-contributor-requests/

Just read it before the request:
https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/1525-read-firstabout-contributor-status-application/

Wouldn't I need 7 more uploads?

Chapter 154 is done! Mods should be done approving it sometime tomorrow. This marks the beginning of volume 15! By the way, can anyone let bakaupdates know the translation is back on?

Hey birdythemighty, you can request the contributor status. Contributor status allows users to upload comics to Batoto without manual review by moderators.
https://vatoto.com/forums/forum/3884-contributor-requests/

Just read it before the request:
https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/1525-read-firstabout-contributor-status-application/

Chapter 154 is done! Mods should be done approving it sometime tomorrow. This marks the beginning of volume 15! By the way, can anyone let bakaupdates know the translation is back on?

One bit of advice. Center justify when typesetting.

CvHyOu8.png

There is a gag here that'll come apparent in a bit then, with these updates.

I love this manga. It's dark and complex. Everyone seems to have a point, or at least have some trauma which explains their actions, and there's no obvious right and wrong. The world is well thought-out and intriguing, with lots of thought put into the little every day things aliens would do differently. The manga can be confusing because the antagonists have different goals and fight with each other as much as they fight with the protagonists, but I'm not sure why the past few comments have been so down on it. This is one of the best manga I've read in a while.

It's very tell not show though. As intricate and complex as the Federation is, we barely see any of it. Almost all of it is delivered in big monologues from talking head holograms or armchair conversations between investigators. Quite possibly the dullest way to expose us to an alien civilization. The best part of the series so far was the Birdy flashback. If more of those were interspersed for the various aliens we've encountered, that could be interesting. I mean hell, they could say, Birdy needs to check in back at HQ for a week for some preliminary diagnostics for Tsutomu's regeneration. That would have been a great vehicle early on to show us the Federation up front. Maybe Tsutomu could be shown some wreckage or a memorial from one of Revi's terrorist attacks. Tsutomu could have also seen first hand how Ixioran's are treated.

Also Revi so far is just an evil scientist/terrorist/cultist with an army of mindless dolls and villain of the week monstrosities like Botuluous working for her. I don't see how Hikawa is anything more than a mad scientist and all of his goons haven't so much as second guessed turning into monsters. Chigira is a tragic character but has never shown malice or a lapse in moral judgement. The Alteran investigators aren't exactly allies of justice but they seem to just be officers of the law working within a system. Actually it's kind of funny how similar they are treated to the Japanese authorities. They act based on protocol not any personal vendettas. Gomez is the only morally gray character I think, but as I said earlier he's been very inconsistent.

Hey birdythemighty, thank you very much! :)

I love this manga. It's dark and complex. Everyone seems to have a point, or at least have some trauma which explains their actions, and there's no obvious right and wrong. The world is well thought-out and intriguing, with lots of thought put into the little every day things aliens would do differently. The manga can be confusing because the antagonists have different goals and fight with each other as much as they fight with the protagonists, but I'm not sure why the past few comments have been so down on it. This is one of the best manga I've read in a while.

thanks for the update this arc has been kinda disappointing to me but i still have hope 

Hey look the main plot finally showed up. As much as I enjoy this series, it's kind of directionless and there's never a good pay off. Tsutomu's kind of flat. You'd expect someone who likes creeping around derelict old buildings would have some personality quirks but he's completely milquetoast, lazy. Is it just a contrived plot device to get him thrust into the narrative, but it returns again later when they investigate Hikawa Chemistry so there's more opportunities to develop him. Also I can't tell if he's friends with his fellow occult otaku since he never hangs out with them at school. Only 100 chapters later do we actually learn about Birdy, but it basically has no relevance to the current events. The Federation dragging their feet also makes no sense. It's obvious Hikawa Chemistry is connected to Revi, otherwise how could they acquire and process the dildo plants not to mention the dolls? They can't even guarantee Tsutomu and his family's protection until the Revi case is resolved either. So why isn't that enough justification to investigate Hikawa Chemistry and follow up on their test subjects like Chigira and Leigh's group? Also while I can understand why Tsutomu and Birdy are constrained by the letter of the law and her being on leave, they sometimes refuse to follow up on leads only because it would resolve the current crisis too quickly. Why the hell didn't they at least tail Leigh's group?

None of the other antagonists or supporting cast have had much impact. You'd think Botulous' damaged memory and weak self would make Tsutomu contemplate the fact that he's lost his body and is more or less a parasite living off of Birdy. Nope, doesn't give him a second thought. You'd think fighting the dolls would have maybe reminded Birdy of Violin which could have been an interesting character crisis and lead to a more fluid backstory revelation but nope they never get developed. You'd think the half dozen Federation agents we've been introduced to would do more than give smug commentary on Birdy's incompetence, and maybe work as foils for her as investigators and aliens interacting with humanity. Nope, they basically do nothing and are completely unmemorable. You'd think Tsutomu's sister getting involved would raise the stakes and give her some character development. Nope, she gets by without a scratch and just goes back to being a background character.

The most interesting character so far is Gomez and he's completely inconsistent. He kills Geiger and tries to have Tsutomu killed to keep him silent, but even when Leigh's group attacks him and his family repeatedly he keeps letting them go even though they're a much bigger loose end. It seems like they're building up to something interesting with Chigira, but he barely even knows Tsutomu, so it's bizarre how invested the plot is in him. I feel like the author got bored of his protagonists and just went ahead with writing a story that had nothing to do with them. Both Birdy and Tsutomu feel like observers not actors.

I can understand why the anime has basically nothing to do with the original plot, it's a mess.

What is this crap manga about?

a Galactic supercop and an ordinary earth boy team up to fight crime, though due to circumstances, the boy has to share the body of the supercop.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics