Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.39 - 387votes)

Kurogane (IKEZAWA Haruto)

Alt Names:
Author: Ikezawa Haruto
Artist: Ikezawa Haruto
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports SportsSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kurogane Hiroto is in high school, where he is academically the top of his class but literally the worst in physical activity. Born with a weak body, he has no endurance, speed nor strength and Hiroto wants nothing more than to be a hero. Fate teases him by giving him phenomenal eye sight, which allows him to see well beyond anyone else in sports, but his body is not able to react to any of it.

He learns from his friend Shiratori, who wants to recruit him for the Kendo team, about a rumor about a ghost named Tojo Sayuri, who wields a katana and haunts an alley in the city. Half curious, Hiroto goes there only to find that the ghost is real and that Tojo Sayuri has been looking for a successor to her Sakura sword style for 150 years. Sayuri chooses him as the successor after being able to dodge her attack and forces him to learn the Sakura style. Even with the help of the ancient swordsman ghost, Hiroto has to overcome his poor motor skills in order to be the hero he always wanted to be.
Go to Kurogane (IKEZAWA Haruto) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cancelled New Window eduard34
  • 29 Replies
Topic This series and Kendo New Window ValorantX
  • 33 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window malgod
  • 84 Replies
Topic A Tragedy New Window Cassanova
  • 15 Replies
Topic Hazakura Shido New Window lethryx
  • 0 Replies
Topic What do you think so far? New Window ValorantX
  • 17 Replies

602 Comments

*sigh*..... having that guy appear completely make the protagonist unique ability ..... un-unique..... and completely remove the guy with injured hand as protagonist's rival .........
Never thought I'd like this manga. Although, after reading a few chapters I frickin' love it. I got so hyped up on the fights between Kurogane and Shindou xD
You're welcome ^^
And that was a really fast reply from you XD
Ohh I see, so its more of me rushing throught the chapter XD
Guess thats what I get for reading at work lol

Anyway, thks for the explanation.
@Timewolf

No worries, I'm not offended or anything :) It's just that I want to hear your feedback and see if I can do anything about it.

Page 11
I actually missed out that panel when i was translating the chapter. My staff had another TL to fill in that part.
I just went over the raws. The literal translation for Sayuri's reply is as stated in your post.
For that particular dialogue, Sayuri was actually talking about the chess game. When the coach called out to Sayuri, she probably thought that the coach wanted to take back his move. Hence, what Sayuri wanted to say (implied) was "No, no do-overs."

Page 12
Panel 2: -No matter what, sooner or later....
Panel 3: After all Kurogane...
is the man who will definitely become a general someday.

I've double checked the raws and the translations are correct :)
A possible explanation I've came out with is that for panel 2, Sayuri is actually mumbling to herself.
"No matter what, sooner or later... (Kurogane will become the general)"
For panel 3, Sayuri seemed to have sorted out her thoughts and replied to the coach in a assertive manner (to make her belief and stand clear).

I hope that will help to clarify some matters :) I will fix page 11 and post it on our reader.
Thanks for your feedback ^^
@-alt-
My bad, I was the one that rushed to read, so it feel a little odd at some parts.

The only dialogue that I can't understand, is on page 11 when the coach speaks to Saiyuu:
- Hey lord sayiuu
- Hmm Im not gonna wait though - Saiyuu replies

And then later she says

-No matter what, sooner or later.... After all Kurogane is the man whos gonna become a general.

I can get the idea of what she was trying to say, but not why would she use those specific sentences. Dunno if Im making any sense here lol. Maybe my english just isnt that good.
@Timewolf
Rushed? Can you tell me more about it?
Loving it more and more, Though the translation seems a bit rushed. Cant wait for the next chapter.

Even if he loses I want to see him putting a good fight, and trying harder and harder.
Thank you for chapter 8 <3
the main chara is really charming
Heh, now this is a good shounen manga. I wish the female characters were a bit more engaging though.
Wow, Taishou, for real?
Its getting better and better.
Thank you lazy ass scans, the chapter is pretty good. I think some really good chapters are coming.
Thank you again for the wonderful chapter lazy ass scans :)
I want more! Its so good.

Loving it so far.
im lovin this manga!~
damn.. freaking goodddd manga
Shounen Jump manga are all the besttt
Also the ghost is a woman :P
^ Hikaru, not Hikari :P
The story so far is similar to "Hikari no Go" except with Kendo instead of Go.
yah, manga is promising, freaking interesting
this series is promising :)
OMG it's a one shot no MOAR Yes!!!
Kurogane is currently being serialized in weekly shounen Jump.
We will be picking this series up. Please look forward to chapter 1 :)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics