Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

A Tragedy

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Cassanova

Cassanova

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSicily,Italy And Sit In The Throne Of Harem Kingdom
Well like the title says... my cat died.... haha.. joking...

i don't know if someone already mention this or not but i'll just want to know what you people think..
it's about Sayuri... yeah.. Kurogane teacher and probably love interest... yeah..and like you all know she's a ghost.. and from what i know in manga and all is that a ghost that still staying in world have a lingering feeling or something he/she haven't achieved and when the thing achieved she/he left the world...
and like you all know sayuri purpose to stay in the world is to revive sakura one sword style and make it the best and take kurogane to the top (atleast that's what i catch).. though probably there is something else... that i don't know or we....don't
or her true purpose probably something like to be loved or something like that.. cos what i think is that in the past she's too busy with kendo and all so she's doesn't have a chance...(my opinion based on romance point of view haha..)
im saying that when she achieved it all unfortunately she will left the world... or not...or yes..
what do you think?.. i'll say the chance is about 60%

oh and i listening to -UVERworld - Koishikute (恋いしくて) and all of the song- from (AwakEVE - 2009 album)while reading this manga... just thought you should know...
Posted Image

Syrcus

Syrcus

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationZurich, Switzerland
Hello Cassanova

I really like your theory of Sayuri being a lingering spirit. The way Sayuri died supports your theorie strongly,
after all literally burning to death together with all your disciples isn't the most fitting death for a Kendo master. Especially if you are the only Master of the Style in your time.

She probably regrets to have died without a successor who takes over the Sakura One-strike style and continues it's history.
Consequently she will vanish once Kurogane masters the style and rebuilds school, which most likely will mark the ending of this manga, if it does not get axed before that is.

As for the probability of her having romantic of any kind. I find that very unlikely, after all this manga has yet to show any kind of romantic content. Additionally a woman like Sayuri who dedicated her life to the way of the Sword most likely already parted with her romantic ambitions.

EDIT : Just reread chapter 1. Sayuri does in fact mention that the reason for her unable to pass on is her regret of having the line of the Sakura One-strike School ending with her

Edited by Syrcus, 29 April 2012 - 05:16 PM.

THIS SENTENCE IS FALSE.

I AM A LIAR.

NEW MISSION : REFUSE THIS MISSION.

Spoiler

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away
maybe this will end like hikaru no go
but i hope the mangaka can make a more original variation of that story...
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

ChaosSanc

ChaosSanc

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon
Well Sayuri has a high chance of disappearing after he master the sakura one sword technique because then she would no longer have any lingering attachments or she might stay because now she is attached to watch her student slowly make her sword style famous
For Light there must be Dark so what does Dark do to have Light?

Posted Image

Beelz

Beelz

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDah bu!

Well Sayuri has a high chance of disappearing after he master the sakura one sword technique because then she would no longer have any lingering attachments or she might stay because now she is attached to watch her student slowly make her sword style famous

This seems to make some sense, her attachment to the world will slowly change from the sakura one sword technique to kuragane mastering it. I think there could be some romance between the 2 but ultimately they will part ways and that sorta makes me sad (I can be a sucker for a happy ending.) I really hope they get together and have a "happy" ending. :)

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
i still hope sayuri will decide to linger until her sword style becomes the greatest, not just stop after passing it on to kurogane
the same story as hikaru no go would be too sad
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

thorongil

thorongil

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGermany
it isn't like there is absolutely no signs of romance.... although they are faint and very much up to ones opinion (chapter 29 page 9++) ... and the manga has yet to get a romance tag ...

i didn't really bother thinking about sayuri's "end" up 'til now.... but judging by what she said about her death, she won't disappear until kurogane made it to the very top (if the manga won't get axed)... my opinions at least....
i really like how these two (Kurogane/Sayuri) "work" together, i'd really be sad to see it ending any time soon.... especially since you can drag the manga on for quite a long time given the setting etc...

Edited by thorongil, 31 May 2012 - 03:13 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

i still hope sayuri will decide to linger until her sword style becomes the greatest, not just stop after passing it on to kurogane
the same story as hikaru no go would be too sad

Wow, thanks. I can't believe I'd never made the Hikaru no Go connection but it is a pretty good parallel. Yeah, that part was really sad, let's hope not, this one really seems to have a different feel to it than Hikaru.

Tn7HA0h.png

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

Wow, thanks. I can't believe I'd never made the Hikaru no Go connection but it is a pretty good parallel. Yeah, that part was really sad, let's hope not, this one really seems to have a different feel to it than Hikaru.

these two are a straight couple, so it might get different. but it's still a fact that ghosts usually have to disappear at some point, and i don't think i've seen too many manga ghosts that didn't leave after they accomplished what they stayed behind for

i really hope this series won't get axed too early
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

these two are a straight couple, so it might get different. but it's still a fact that ghosts usually have to disappear at some point, and i don't think i've seen too many manga ghosts that didn't leave after they accomplished what they stayed behind for

i really hope this series won't get axed too early

Oh yeah, for sure that's an eventual thing that's going to happen, that's pretty much the standard for "ghostly" characters I think. (don't say axed, I like this story, that'd suck) It's hard to say at this point, the story may never actually deal with her moving on and any kind of tearful seperation, I guess it'll just depend on how the author decides to proceed.

Tn7HA0h.png

HammerU89

HammerU89

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
If Mr. Mangaka doesn't step up his game. It's probably going to happen sooner then we'd like. It's rankings are falling into the bottom and it's sales aren't doing so hot when compared to the others on Jump.

I think more character development would help and definitely more Sayuri/Kurogane interaction, but sadly it just isn't happening.

The latest couple of raws.
Spoiler

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
*not reading spoiler*
i know it's not doing well. it worries me, since this is the first series i actually followed from the beginning, the very first oneshot. and i like it
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Biv

Biv

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
I feel like it will be the same as Hikaru no Go with Sai's spirits disappearing in tome 16 or 17 (i don't remember anymore) and leaving him alone against fighters. :)

oliverwashere

oliverwashere

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationthe chasm of sleep
I hope she'll take over a brain-dead girl's body and get in a romantic relationship with Kurogane.

EndlessNight

EndlessNight

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 57 posts
i think it would be best when they get close to the end if she just moves on like Sai(just wondering but was i the only one who read hikari no go and still didnt understand go?)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

i think it would be best when they get close to the end if she just moves on like Sai(just wondering but was i the only one who read hikari no go and still didnt understand go?)

No way, you aren't alone on that count, I gave up trying to figure out what the heck was going on in that game after a very, very short time of reading. I'm not proud of it, but I didn't and still don't have a clue about how that game was played. Heck of great manga though, really one that everybody should at least try, it was that good I thought.

Tn7HA0h.png