Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 257votes)

Ajin

Alt Names: alt 亚人alt 亜人alt Demi-Human
Author: Miura Tsuina & Sakurai Gamon
Artist: Sakurai Gamon
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story follows a high school student named Kei Nagai, who is caught in a traffic accident, dies, but immediately revives and learns he is not human, but an Ajin, a mysterious creature that cannot die. Scared, he runs away from humans but is helped by his friend Kai, who joins him in his flee from civilization. He then becomes involved in a conflict between human and Ajin and must choose a side.

Note: Roughly mid-way through the manga, the Author Tsuina Miura left this project.

Nominated for the 7th annual Manga Taishou Award, the Readers Award in the 18th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize and in the Seinen category in the 38th Annual Kodansha Manga Awards in 2014. In the 40th(2016) annual kodansha manga award for General Category
Go to Ajin Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic What is wrong with Kei? New Window Bananimal
  • 23 Replies
Topic English translations? New Window darren
  • 2 Replies
Topic Tin man and Scarecrow New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies
Topic Sore Spot New Window admira
  • 1 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Yurichikun
  • 6 Replies
Topic Would we react like this? New Window BlackToTheFuture
  • 19 Replies

368 Comments

I have only read up to Ch 5, and hit the point where his sister is tied up in the van.

I hate NTR and excessively cruel tragedy, and so just want to ask before hitting a depressing page, is she going to be killed, by the MC, bad ajin, or otherwise? or  broken in any sense of the word, such as getiing crippled/ traumatised? I really don't want to see things start to get better, and then hit a massive depressing part. I had enough of that with Deadman wonderland.

keep reading.. thats all i can say

Well in reply to tak. There are really huge plot holes. The random biker just chasing them down for no reason. I mean who is going to chase down 2 kids on a bike? Also him not killing is BS I'm pretty sure almost anyone would kill in that situation. The people doing that obviously are evil. 

Actually, the biker chasing them down does make sense, since he recognised the Ajin of the two. Since, you know, his picture is being spread around, even in the next prefectures. I have no comment on the killing thing.

@shakeyjake: Unless you're exclusively concerned about little sisters, bail out. It gets really bad. His ex-classmate broke up with his girlfriend and shit.

I have only read up to Ch 5, and hit the point where his sister is tied up in the van.

I hate NTR and excessively cruel tragedy, and so just want to ask before hitting a depressing page, is she going to be killed, by the MC, bad ajin, or otherwise? or  broken in any sense of the word, such as getiing crippled/ traumatised? I really don't want to see things start to get better, and then hit a massive depressing part. I had enough of that with Deadman wonderland.

Well in reply to tak. There are really huge plot holes. The random biker just chasing them down for no reason. I mean who is going to chase down 2 kids on a bike? Also him not killing is BS I'm pretty sure almost anyone would kill in that situation. The people doing that obviously are evil. 

Are you kidding me? What complex plot?

Kid gets tortured, they cut of his limbs, they dissect his brain all while he is conscious. But he doesnt kill the ones responsible, because he doesnt want to disappoint his friend, who he just reconnected with a few days ago. Yeah totally believeable. Oh and not to mention that every human seems to be a psychopath. Right. Super complex plot.

"I guess complex plots and intrigue are too much for some people to handle."

I think he was refering to Attack on Titan...
And on topic... I would say that this situation could be believable. Basically in this manga ajins are outcasted, I mean really outcasted, so MC was left literally alone against everybody. And as he stated, that his friend risked his one and olny life for him, so MC wants to risk everything he got (well, he can't die so he will endure this suffering). And seriously you can't look at this situation from real life pespective...

starts off good, turns mediocre, all that remains is massive fandom of 12 year olds circlejerking over it

Take this to Attack on Titan´s comment section, please. Oh, and Ataack on Titan IS good. And no, I´m not a 12 year old who circlejerks it.

I guess complex plots and intrigue are too much for some people to handle.

Are you kidding me? What complex plot?

Kid gets tortured, they cut of his limbs, they dissect his brain all while he is conscious. But he doesnt kill the ones responsible, because he doesnt want to disappoint his friend, who he just reconnected with a few days ago. Yeah totally believeable. Oh and not to mention that every human seems to be a psychopath. Right. Super complex plot.

Well, the schemes just get deeper... and deeper. -_-

His family is disgusting.  Who in their right minds would sell out their own flesh and blood?

They could be scared silly they might wind up the same way (they are related, after all) and/or get pegged as sympathisers with all the prejudice that will get them from other people... :unsure: Scared people don't react very nicely or logically. -_-

Guns? Oh yeah, things are gonna get messy

Yup, but keep this manga author, publishers, scanlators and readers as the last ones during that process. If you do not mind, i would like to finish first with this manga, Joshua :D

Fine then keep him as a slave, he is kinda at fault for this mess. >:[

starts off good, turns mediocre, all that remains is massive fandom of 12 year olds circlejerking over it

I guess complex plots and intrigue are too much for some people to handle.

This series reminds me of a 1969 TV movie called "The Immortal" starring Christopher George which got picked up as a series for the 1970-71 season.  It was based on a 1964 scifi novel by James Gunn, who may have got his inspiration from the 1941 serialized short novel, "Methuselah's Children" by Robert Heinlein.  All of them very good and entertaining.

They actually broke up huh?

Spoiler

Girlfriend: you don't pay attention to me anymore!

boyfriend: but my friend has been taken against his will and is being experimented/tortured i want to support him by doing anything i can!

girlfriend: lets break up

Me:.....WTF? Talk about first world problems what a bitch!!!!!

Well but, he realized that his sympathy for his friend is just a momentary urge, compared to his situation, which is a broken heart.

People tends to make biased decision to do something because it's more dramatic than the actual threat. We worry more about terrorists than influenza, which kills ~400,000 people every year, while the former kills less than 1% of that number. (If I remember correctly from an article, but the 1% is correct)

Now, he didn't even care about missing children (total of... idk but I imagine this number is pretty big), but he spent more time worrying about THREE ajin. He realized it at the end, but it costs him his romance (and probably his social status later. This chapter mentions it briefly.)

He was trying to cure his little sister´s sickness...... oh shi....

old-man-crying-gif.gif

What's wrong with Attack on Titan? 

Girlfriend: you don't pay attention to me anymore!

boyfriend: but my friend has been taken against his will and is being experimented/tortured i want to support him by doing anything i can!

girlfriend: lets break up

Me:.....WTF? Talk about first world problems what a bitch!!!!!

I hope this won't become bl.

LOL I did not expect that.

Wow I really like this so far, I hope it gets continued soon. I've been looking for a manga like this

Omg i feel a lot of potential in this series!

Please don't turn into another Attack on Titan!

What's wrong with Attack on Titan? 

Omg i feel a lot of potential in this series!

Please don't turn into another Attack on Titan!

haha this is like the opposite situation
http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/immortal-hounds-r9829

His family is disgusting.  Who in their right minds would sell out their own flesh and blood?

... We can't all be from Mafia families? *shrugs*

Funny you should say that about one's own flesh and blood, though. You know that phrase "blood is thicker than water?"

(WARNING: long post. No spoilers! Just didn't want to take up that much room.)

Spoiler

IMO, what's unforgivable in the Nagais is not that they betrayed their own, but that they would do so over something that wasn't his own doing. Calling someone a monster after they've experienced something as physically traumatic as dying is the behavior of a torch-bearing, pitchfork-wielding villager. Even if it was a stranger, it's an ignorant and cruel thing to say. Not to mention, the "monster" is someone they've known all their lives—even if the Nagais are backwards-thinking people, shouldn't the natural response "You can't possibly be Kei! What have you done with my son/brother?"

... Just my 2 cents.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics