Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 257votes)

Ajin

Alt Names: alt 亚人alt 亜人alt Demi-Human
Author: Miura Tsuina & Sakurai Gamon
Artist: Sakurai Gamon
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story follows a high school student named Kei Nagai, who is caught in a traffic accident, dies, but immediately revives and learns he is not human, but an Ajin, a mysterious creature that cannot die. Scared, he runs away from humans but is helped by his friend Kai, who joins him in his flee from civilization. He then becomes involved in a conflict between human and Ajin and must choose a side.

Note: Roughly mid-way through the manga, the Author Tsuina Miura left this project.

Nominated for the 7th annual Manga Taishou Award, the Readers Award in the 18th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize and in the Seinen category in the 38th Annual Kodansha Manga Awards in 2014. In the 40th(2016) annual kodansha manga award for General Category
Go to Ajin Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic What is wrong with Kei? New Window Bananimal
  • 23 Replies
Topic English translations? New Window darren
  • 2 Replies
Topic Tin man and Scarecrow New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies
Topic Sore Spot New Window admira
  • 1 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Yurichikun
  • 6 Replies
Topic Would we react like this? New Window BlackToTheFuture
  • 19 Replies

368 Comments

Nature usually provides a natural "Predator-Prey" situation to balance out its eco-systems and prevent overpopulation by any one species.  Man only has disease viruses and himself as the predator to keep his own population in check. 

So...  Following that line of logic,  We should kill ALL medical researchers and bleeding heart peacemakers and allow plagues like HIV and the Ebola virus to spread rampantly.   Not to mention allowing much more aggressive war-loving dictators to rise to power!

We could also abolish ALL speed limits and fully legalize "driving under the influence."

This could bring Man back under Nature's law of "Survival of the Fittest" which has been abandoned by those who would use science to reduce or at least impede the death rate of weaker specimens of humanity.

In addition, we could actually encourage...  Umm...  Maybe I better stop here before I get myself lynched!

*Stares nervously at the growing mob of torch and pitchfork carrying villagers gathering around me.*

Well, what's best for the world isn't neccessarily what's best for humanity... With our steadily growing overpopulation (and the technological "advances") the end of the world is something we might actually witness. 

Nature usually provides a natural "Predator-Prey" situation to balance out its eco-systems and prevent overpopulation by any one species.  Man only has disease viruses and himself as the predator to keep his own population in check. 

So...  Following that line of logic,  We should kill ALL medical researchers and bleeding heart peacemakers and allow plagues like HIV and the Ebola virus to spread rampantly.   Not to mention allowing much more aggressive war-loving dictators to rise to power!

We could also abolish ALL speed limits and fully legalize "driving under the influence."

This could bring Man back under Nature's law of "Survival of the Fittest" which has been abandoned by those who would use science to reduce or at least impede the death rate of weaker specimens of humanity.

In addition, we could actually encourage...  Umm...  Maybe I better stop here before I get myself lynched!

*Stares nervously at the growing mob of torch and pitchfork carrying villagers gathering around me.*

Probably the nearest possible Natural Enemy of humans are... Wars, maybe?

WOLO~

Thanks for the chapters

This manga has a pretty damn good atmosphere. So epic.

You mean besides the fact that it's been scientifically proven that humans have messed up almost all of the world's eco-systems beyond repair?

Or that the human race has been at war for longer than it's been at peace? That simple fact right there is pretty informative about our race's true nature.

Before even going into the non-war related atrocities committed by the second?

But you know, considering that humanity is a product of nature and that it's in our nature to ruin everything would only prove that everything in our world including whatever humans are doing is part of 'the natural course of history'.

Oooh, black ghosts visible to normal humans, his scream not paralyzing,and the kid uses more than one of them? Brace yourselves boys we have a massive plot device in front of us!

No idea where you get your facts from. Unless you have the power to watch alternative realities, there's no way of getting anything that proves your theory.

That been said:

Glorious manga!

You mean besides the fact that it's been scientifically proven that humans have messed up almost all of the world's eco-systems beyond repair?

Or that the human race has been at war for longer than it's been at peace? That simple fact right there is pretty informative about our race's true nature.

Before even going into the non-war related atrocities committed by the second?

I'm cool with him not going on a murder spree as long as he doesn't actually defend anyone inside.

Well, after all the shit he had to go through he has every right to kill all of those bastards after him for their own interests.

The manga is a great depiction of how majority of humans are nasty, malicious, selfish, and thoroughly evil beings that will perform every possible atrocious act, should their interests outweigh morality in their vicious minds. 

Personally I feel unfortunate to say this of my own species, however, it is without an ounce of doubt an absolute FACT that the planet Earth in its natural course of history is a much better place without mankind.

No idea where you get your facts from. Unless you have the power to watch alternative realities, there's no way of getting anything that proves your theory.

That been said:

Glorious manga!

When you've been put through that much crap it's more impressive to refrain from murderous rampage. There's still plenty of room for the kid to turn out to be pretty badass without mindless killing.

Well, after all the shit he had to go through he has every right to kill all of those bastards after him for their own interests.

The manga is a great depiction of how majority of humans are nasty, malicious, selfish, and thoroughly evil beings that will perform every possible atrocious act, should their interests outweigh morality in their vicious minds. 

Personally I feel unfortunate to say this of my own species, however, it is without an ounce of doubt an absolute FACT that the planet Earth in its natural course of history is a much better place without mankind.

When you've been put through that much crap it's more impressive to refrain from murderous rampage. There's still plenty of room for the kid to turn out to be pretty badass without mindless killing.

So he gets tortured for 10 day straight, and isn`t angry about it at all?

Right, perfectly normal.

I think the author is trying  to show that he hasn't been broken by it.  There's an important difference.

So he gets tortured for 10 day straight, and isn`t angry about it at all?

Right, perfectly normal.

Ugh....why does the main character have to be a pussy?

He is ruining this manga now...I want him to start slaughtering needlessly to kill that cocky glasses wearing dude too....and maybe kill Mister Hat once.

Well, not killing everyone left and right = Pussy?

Interesting...not.

Well I like this, it show the various outcomes that a similar situation can have on different types of people. Also, I dislike edgy protagonists.

Ugh....why does the main character have to be a pussy?

He is ruining this manga now...I want him to start slaughtering needlessly to kill that cocky glasses wearing dude too....and maybe kill Mister Hat once.

i am so disappointed the MC of this manga, i don't want a naruto like character here  we need a main character like Eren for this manga , 

Spoiler

Too much shounen for you me friend

i am so disappointed the MC of this manga, i don't want a naruto like character here  we need a main character like Eren for this manga , 

Spoiler

Thank you very much for the update!

finally an update 

Spoiler

Also...HAT GUYS A FUCKIN BADASS!... its been to long, i no longer remember his name. >.>

109px-Killtacular_Medal.svg.png

The "Hat" finally showed how to use the ajin powers in a real fight. I wonder what will they do with Nagai, who still sticks to his believes

So the anti-Ajin douche holes are the Japanese NSA?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics