Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.45 - 100votes)

Balance Policy

Alt Names:
Author: Yoshitomi Akihito
Artist: Yoshitomi Akihito
Genres: Drama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy TragedyYuri Yuri
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Balance Policy is about Masaomi, a young boy who is trying to restore his friendship with Kenji-kun, a boy who has been changed in an unspecified manner into a girl with newest science technology in order to help maintain the human population after some kind of fertility failure worldwide resulting in the birth of few girl babies.

From TS Anthology Change H!
Go to Balance Policy Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Tragedy? New Window xflarex
  • 1 Replies
Topic Discuss balance New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic Information about Balance Policy New Window Albedo
  • 5 Replies

150 Comments

BTW the story is so consistent that almost any strong scene would be contestualized -or so i hope

Oh, it's part of the story all right, the scene I'm referring to is almost not gratuitious but it still makes me a little queasy. If you hunt down the Chinese raws for chapter 12 pages 16 through 23 you'll see what I mean. Even though nothing happens it's still... the word "grooming" comes to mind. I will say that's all as far as the rest of the story goes, it doesn't continue into the next chapter or materially affect the plot from then on. The bummer is that there's a cliffhanger at the end of chapter 12 (not connected with the scene in question) which drives the next chapter.

The bad news is that the most recent publication I've got with Balance Policy in it, an anthology called Trans Switch has chapters 13 and 14 as the final two chapters so there's only three more chapters for me to scanlate in this title. And...

Chapter 12 has a scene that is closer to loli/hentai than I really care for and I'm not sure Batoto will be happy with publishing it given their standards. I might have to skip releasing that chapter here although I'll make it available for download elsewhere if I do scanlate it although I might have to do some of the pages with my eyes closed. Chapters 13 and 14 are no problem though.

There will be a tanko of the last six chapters published in May later this year to go with the first volume that was released a while back.

Or you can just substitute the troubling page(s) with an external link...

BTW the story is so consistent that almost any strong scene would be contestualized -or so i hope

The bad news is that the most recent publication I've got with Balance Policy in it, an anthology called Trans Switch has chapters 13 and 14 as the final two chapters so there's only three more chapters for me to scanlate in this title. And...

Chapter 12 has a scene that is closer to loli/hentai than I really care for and I'm not sure Batoto will be happy with publishing it given their standards. I might have to skip releasing that chapter here although I'll make it available for download elsewhere if I do scanlate it although I might have to do some of the pages with my eyes closed. Chapters 13 and 14 are no problem though.

There will be a tanko of the last six chapters published in May later this year to go with the first volume that was released a while back.

they going to end up creation more lesbian and people with G.I.D.

sperms derived from female stem cell should do the trick, rather than this sex change bs.

same sex procreation. aim for all female world.

yeah the ones without a Y chromasome since a sperm carrying an X is slightly heavier than one carrying a Y they can be separated

Technically, cytometers used in sperm sorting function based on an (artificially applied) electrical charge, not mass. But yeah, Joker's suggestion of isolating female sperm cells is quite insightful, but it would make for a different story ^^

Anyway, woohoo! Update!

Made an account just to thank Albedo for transalating.

Hearing that this is a quarterly release makes me want to cry but story is too interesting to really complain, looking foward to the next release.

Wow! In Batoto comment section is serious business!

female sperm?

yeah the ones without a Y chromasome since a sperm carrying an X is slightly heavier than one carrying a Y they can be separated

for some reason, in the japanese mind is easier to make a guy into girl than just artificially fertilize with female sperm

female sperm?

Dear 317.  Thanks for your quotes from Kinsey.  They were scientists and studied the subject of sexuality rigorously.  Generally I believe scientists.  I'll believe in the continuum until someone comes up with better research.  The existence of a continuum doesn't mean, clearly, that there are no people who are completely heterosexual or homosexual.

Ah come on, if you all want to start a discussion, go to the forum, please.

@TetsuDan just read your posts from awhile ago, and while correct to some degree, you seem to be over confrontational and overwordy.  sexuality is put into the categories you mentioned.  categories merely give a brief description of what is common among all items.  labeling something as "heterosexual" and "homosexual" are really just generalizations.  there are billions of people on earth, many express their sexuality in different ways.  to avoid hassle we generalize them.   If there is a deviation, thats to be expected, because heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bi sexuality are merely labels, the way each individual expresses them will differ.

there is indeed black and white, but in between there is a spectrum.  this is true of almost everything because the world isnt as simple as we wish it could be, the next best thing is to make it as simple as possible so that we can be more efficient.

but this is an nternet chat board... who cares.

Well, i'm done reading chp.10, gotta go smoke a cigar ...

OMG i've fall in love whith this mangaka's works, 've found this today opening batotos recently updates randomly, this one is the best one of the mangaka! Thanks Albedo for the update ^^! Hope to see more! XD

Creeping on a woman at night isn't Yabai in CH7, it's Yobai.

I was oversimplifying on purpose. If you missed it, you missed it. I don't have the patience to explain it to you.

Actually you're wrong. Alfred Kinsey proved in the 50's that sexuality is in fact not a discrete phenomenon, but a continuous one. For the sake of simplicity, he divided human sexual behavior with a scale from 0 to 6, 0 being fully heterosexual and 6 fully homosexual. As he discovered and as it was later proved again and again, half of the population reacted to a certain extent of sexual stimuli from both sexes.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_Reports#Sexual_orientation

Here some interesting study on the subject: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1447861/

It's hard to find anything really clear in the human mind. I understand what you said about people wanting to put labels on themselve in order to seem 'cool' but one thing is certain: labels exist in order to make thing easier to deal with, and not by themselves. Nothing is clear-cut.

I hope some of these links will be useful, cheers.

Attraction and reaction to stimuli are not equal.

for some reason, in the japanese mind is easier to make a guy into girl than just artificially fertilize with female sperm

As far as I know, it's not so much the exploration or depiction of sexualities that's the problem but more the attempted blurring of the lines. Sexuality is not nearly as grey as people would like to think to feel better about themselves.

Warning: The following is a rant. Proceed of your own volition.

Spoiler

Actually you're wrong. Alfred Kinsey proved in the 50's that sexuality is in fact not a discrete phenomenon, but a continuous one. For the sake of simplicity, he divided human sexual behavior with a scale from 0 to 6, 0 being fully heterosexual and 6 fully homosexual. As he discovered and as it was later proved again and again, half of the population reacted to a certain extent of sexual stimuli from both sexes.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_Reports#Sexual_orientation

Here some interesting study on the subject: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1447861/

It's hard to find anything really clear in the human mind. I understand what you said about people wanting to put labels on themselve in order to seem 'cool' but one thing is certain: labels exist in order to make thing easier to deal with, and not by themselves. Nothing is clear-cut.

I hope some of these links will be useful, cheers.

when i read all ur post and comment i had this in my mind "i will find you and i will kill you"

peace :D

• Nyu likes this

@TetsuDan, I'm sorry, but a myriad of sexologists would call your overly simplistic definition of human sexual orientation utterly faulty.

P.S. To everyone else; I apologize profusely, but I just had to post this.

Dude put down the dictionary

@TetsuDan, I'm sorry, but a myriad of sexologists would call your overly simplistic definition of human sexual orientation utterly faulty.

P.S. To everyone else; I apologize profusely, but I just had to post this.

Come on. It supposed to be scifi, don't bother it with real science~

Seriously, it will just simply annoy you.

I like the rural setting, it somehow give a post-apocalyptic feel.

Other interesting thing is Kenji's weird way of thinking.

I'm not sure about the manga though.

I'll wait for a few next chapter for now.

The one thing that bothers me is that with artificial insemination, we can already choose the gender of the child. Additionally, the process in which sperm is made ensures that there's an even number of x and y chromosomes. That is, while the premise of this story is interesting, there are some major biological plot holes.

Well...no matter how much I see it, the panty shots are all crotch shots to me

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics