Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 848votes)

Berserk

Alt Names: alt ベルセルクalt Beruserukualt Берсеркalt برسرک
Author: Miura Kentaro
Artist: Miura Kentaro
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Guts, known as the Black Swordsman, seeks sanctuary from the demonic forces attracted to him and his woman because of a demonic mark on their necks, and also vengeance against the man who branded him as an unholy sacrifice. Aided only by his titanic strength gained from a harsh childhood lived with mercenaries, a gigantic sword, and an iron prosthetic left hand, Guts must struggle against his bleak destiny, all the while fighting with a rage that might strip him of his humanity.
Go to Berserk Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Looking for chapters New Window ZonedIn
  • 2 Replies
Topic Favorite Berserk moments New Window Bananimal
  • 11 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Black
  • 24 Replies
Topic Falconia theory New Window MrAnarchist
  • 7 Replies
Topic berserk after chapter 95 New Window skules
  • 4 Replies
Topic The dark haired child New Window Tomlord
  • 3 Replies

841 Comments

Having regular Berserk updates feel like a Miracle. Thanks for the quality updates Evil Genius.

Woo, nice. It feels so weird to have actual scheduled releases for new Berserk chapters...

I waited since last summer without checking, and today i discover 4 "new" chapters (to me at least) T.T i am crying of happiness, maybe this will finish before i die (or the author does).

fQAhTU6.png

( this is mostly a joke, I just felt reminded of that moment in Hunter x Hunter

So the point is to determine if he is lying ?...

Lemme check..

Brunolick.jpg

Christ, comparing the MangaFast and EvilGenius versions... what the hell is with MangaFast's cleaner? It's almost like he works for the studio that whitewashed Casca in the anime.

He made himself part of this conversation, ... bruv.

He's not your «bruv», buddy.

Spoiler

You're not part of this conversation..brother 

He made himself part of this conversation, ... bruv.

You're trying REALLY hard, brother

You're not part of this conversation..brother 

WE SHOULD JET RIGHT THE HECK NOW

What would I gain from lying to you?

fQAhTU6.png

( this is mostly a joke, I just felt reminded of that moment in Hunter x Hunter :P )
Puck, Ku(n)kka and an ancient cherry tree. This is turning into Dota, isn't it?

Woohoo!  Proper release is out, not that piece of fecal matter that other group released.

HOLY SHIT MANGAFAST WOULD IT KILL YOU TO PROOFREAD?

Sadly, it does not kill, not to proofread.

Bewb witch chan best witch

An actual chapter.
​Who knows, maybe if we wait 20 years more we get to see an actual anime adaptation as well.

Smh, child please. What would I gain from lying to you? Don't be so quick to accuse some of being a liar and no I'm not confused about the chapter rankings. What I meant was that I had already read that chapter on a different site months ago, although I don't remember which one. I'll let you know when I do. But honestly your response was completely unnecessary. Please try not to be so disrespectful with your comments in the future.

You're trying REALLY hard, brother

Eeh, nope?

344 was released today; unless you have a Delorean, you are either lying or confused due to chap. 344 being next-to-last on the chapters list, with 343 on top for some reason.

Smh, child please. What would I gain from lying to you? Don't be so quick to accuse some of being a liar and no I'm not confused about the chapter rankings. What I meant was that I had already read that chapter on a different site months ago, although I don't remember which one. I'll let you know when I do. But honestly your response was completely unnecessary. Please try not to be so disrespectful with your comments in the future.

Does anyone think the art looks a little different or should I say Too clean? It seems like Miura went with digital art or something, all the panel borders are straight clean lines along with everyone's facial cross hatching/hatching. Normally you can see a little texture or ink bleeding from pens or whatever.

I agree with you, this chap had a Gantz feeling to it.

... last time i checked God Eater wasn't CG... CG can be divided to "bearable to watch" and "cancerous", anime industry has yet to come with something good.

Waiting for proper version from EG...

IIRC FS/N had some CGI scenes (the fight with Berserker) and it's practically indistinguishable from 2D because it's used with parsimony, and really well mixed with the rest.

Problems with 3D are :

- 3D is smoother when it comes to the animation itself but lacks fineness it the shapes/outlines and it's overall quality is really poor.

- It's not one of the japanese industries strength, look at games, full cgi movies (Saint Seiya Legend of Sanctuary, Space Pirate Captain Harlock -wich is better tbh-), etc. They need another 5 years at least to be able to come up with something that doesnt look like it's from the PS2 era.

- It's cheaper than 2D but i dont think it's worth it, I for one, wouldn't buy anything that has such cheaply drawn scenes, whether it's for a manga i really appreciate like berserk or not.

Guts felt like a guppy this chapter.

I feel like he shouldn't feel so shocked. Seems off but maybe it's just me. I mean I don't know how it's still surprising to him that Griffith continues to do whatever he wants. You'd think at this point he'd be like "Goddammit what did he do now" not "HE DID WHAT" all slackjaw-like.

O, when will this semi recede? 

Thank you Evil Genius for a quality release.

HOLY SHIT MANGAFAST WOULD IT KILL YOU TO PROOFREAD?

Yay

More CGI shit

Waiting for the real version.

Shoot me a PM once it gets released, will ya?

new berserk anime starts in a couple days (1 july), a sequel to the Golden Age Arc films.  no total number of episodes currently listed so maybe it'll go on until the start of the current arc.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics