Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 784votes)

Shingeki no Kyojin

Alt Names: alt Attack on Titanalt 進撃の巨人
Author: Isayama Hajime
Artist: Isayama Hajime
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants.
Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as one of the city walls is damaged by a 60 meter (196.85 feet) giant causing a breach in the wall. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror the tragic events that follow. Eren vows that he will wipe out every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind.

Won the 35th Kodansha Manga Award for Best Shōnen Manga.

Spin-offs:

> Before the Fall
( http://www.bato.to/comic/_/comics/shingeki-no-kyojin-before-the-fall-r9844 )

> No Regrets
( http://www.bato.to/comic/_/comics/shingeki-no-kyojin-birth-of-levi-kuinaki-sentaku-r10114 )

> Sungeki no Kyojin
( http://www.bato.to/comic/_/comics/sungeki-no-kyojin-r12028 )
Go to Shingeki no Kyojin Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How do I read it? New Window Zaire Elite Skin
  • 1 Replies
Topic can i upload the english version of Aot? New Window halfghoulhaise
  • 3 Replies
Topic Who is female titan? New Window Kroll
  • 42 Replies
Topic So, I came with my own theory... New Window Hoshikon
  • 13 Replies
Topic Does word Kyojin really equals to Titan? New Window gigantica
  • 23 Replies
Topic Eren's importance [SPOILERS] New Window X0ll0X
  • 50 Replies

883 Comments

To be fair, Bessatsu Shonen is not a strict Shonen target publication like weekly shonen or even some of Kodansha's Monthly shonens, Jump SQ is even more shonen centric. It's more or less a mix bag of works that's harder to fit genre-wise into other publications. For example, Aku no Hana, which is categorized as seinen here, is on the same publication.

This series though have a good amount of angst and ultra-violence, should be categorized as Shonen. It's not Jump style friendship, determination and passion trumps all, but it is driving at similar themes, in a tragic way, it touches on some mature themes, but never delve into heavily. More importantly, it's main corp of characters are crafted like shonen characters
What? THIS IS A SHOUNEN MANGA?
Well no shit. They're doomed either outside or inside.
Oliverfr It's not really Seinen-like. Heck, I really can't find anything Seinen about this manga. It's your average shonen serial; being placed in a shonen magazine already comes with limitations to what the author can portray; it needs to be fit for, the very least, the 13 year olds. Among the difference you said, only Simple vs Complicated is correct, however the plot is fairly simple. It resembles of D.Gray-man and Ao no Exorcist that is of a shounen demographic.

Also, the demographic "Shonen" isn't that bleak. An example would be the pairings between Weekly Shonen Jump and Monthly Shonen Jump (Recently replaced as Jump SQ). Though they're both Shonen, the Monthly has less restrictions than Weekly shonens but still wouldn't be close to Seinen.

Lastly, you'd probably realize it too but Shingeki's maturity is close to being a Shonen than to being a Seinen. Another example would be Cage of Eden, from the same publisher and another sister magazine of that in Shingeki.
Posted Image
Should have toss the cult leader off the ledge. I cant stand religious nutcases.
Just discovered there was a shonen - seinen controversy.

This is only my opinion, but why would that serie be shonen instead of seinen ? In my eyes (please correct me if I'm mistaken), shonen is adressed to male teenagers, while seinen is adressed to male adults.

The difference would be : simple VS complicated scenario, straightforward VS multiple reading levels, frequent character level ups VS characters growing more informed about their world's background.

And, in this regard, I think the present serie is undoubtedly a seinen manga, not a shounen one...
shit just hitted the fan...
well shit...
YESS FINALLY!!!

THANK YOU TDX SCANS!
oh wow, this is getting better and better!!!
Thanks for the release TDX.
I guess thats the price to pay for a good seriesXD
wintercry
who keeps changing to sheinen?
>_>
On another note, I really do pity the idiot who keeps insisting this manga is Seinen (He changed it again and I changed it back again to Shounen). Remember, Information is better to be accurate.
This manga is published on the 9th of every month; give it a few days to be scanlated.
Is the author taking a break? It's almost been a month now.
Is the author taking a break? It's almost been a month now.
Changed the demographic back to Shounen. Seriously, just who keeps thinking and changing this to a Seinen manga?
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!
This manga is hot-blooded as ever, but I'm already starting to get annoyed by all these last minute saves the titains keep pulling off.
Normally, I stay away from gore, but this story is just so awesome and engaging, w/ deep characters and an original plot that I can't help but love it!
This is 10 times better than zombie apocalypse. I have been a fan of human on the brink of extinction genre for a long time. This manga is the best so far!

Titans are definitely way down there with zombies in the uncanny valley.
@Kojiro_S the Kojirremer LOL, you're right, wrong wiki xD
I'm in Ur wall, watching U masturbate.

@Neobosco That link totally gave away what your native language is (which is mine as well :P).

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics