Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * - - (3.22 - 272votes)

Dekisokonai no Monster Trainer

Alt Names: alt A Failure of a Monster Traineralt できそこないの魔獣錬磨師alt 没路用的魔兽炼磨师
Author: Minami Takumi
Artist: Yui
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a world where everyone has a monster crest from birth, a select few rise to become Monster Trainers. Reyn Erhardt, a slime trainer, the lowest of the low, cares nothing for status and just continues his daily regimen of training for his personal slime, Pem-Pem. Yet in school dominated by monsters as grand as dragons, those who cannot hope to rise to the top take out their frustrations on the lowest ones, and Reyn and Pem-Pem make for easy marks. Or do they?
Go to Dekisokonai no Monster Trainer Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raws and/or LN/WN translations? New Window xts
  • 3 Replies

199 Comments

in dragon quest, overgrinding the simple slime gets it to learn the strongest spell in the game

Not only that, there's a billion different types of slime.  Just from the basic one you could see it go Kingslime, which in the monster games has the same abiltiies as the Dragon Quest 3 hero -- the ultimate healing, lightning, slashing, and ressurection spells.

And if he can turn his slime into a Metal Slime it becomes effectively invincible.  There was some foreshadowing when the Goblin kid complained that the simulator doesn't let them use certain partner skills or something, which I think is where this is leading.

"Do you have a, um... c-c-condom?"

"Ah! No, of course not. As if I ever thought THIS was going to happen?!"

"Oh, what can we do?"

"Hmm... Oh! Hey! Pem-Pem! Get over here! Shape change, condom! Time for some RAMMING ATTACKS!!!"

and then that slime become a demon lord and built its own country

Wrong.Everyboby knows that the familiar in this kind of story will become a haremette,in the form of:

(flips a coin...) an annoying flatchested  tsundere?...!No¡

(flips the coin again...)...a big breasted idiot who gets naked at the first chance without reason?!Yes¡   

Welp, I agree with this video.
What I never understood is why Asterisk got two seasons while Rakudai which was obviously waaaaaaay better (in facts it's the best out of all those generic story IMO) didn't get one...

Pretty sure the author has some connections asterisk wars also got a game even though the LN has average sales.

I knew i felt like i had seen the art before!

It's the same artist of the manga with cute loli rabbit-like treasurer-n-detective!

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/seitokai-tantei-kirika-r7281

and...

Spoiler

Are there ever any end-chapter lines that actually genre-savvy?

I mean, we all know she gonna lose for sure, so it would be cool if that lines actually say something like "The Dragon Trainer has unfortunately raise her lose flag! But how exactly the Slime Trainer going to defeat her?" instead.

Another generic adapted form LN manga, at least this one got a kinda cute strong slime mmm...

I'd prefer to read the LN but I can't find any translation so far mmm...

This is different at least it's not with swords or mechas. Monsters that is new and ofc Mc has to have the weakest.

in dragon quest, overgrinding the simple slime gets it to learn the strongest spell in the game

enjoyable manga, but i can't, with a full heart, follow a work where the authors self-inserts his view that the best way to deal with bullies is to bend over, weakling or not. shounen has fallen a long way.

discovered there is a light novel for this and they are currently at volume 4.

Good Gods. can this shit be more formulaic ?

It is like Japan has a school of " Generic Harem action shounen 101" :

1st step: Make a generic world building. Cram as much as exposition in one chapter as possible.
2nd step: Make a generic main character, preferably look like other generic main character of other generic manga/LN/anime.
3rd step: Give him a generic power, make him a bottom tier in whatever power tier in your world.
4th step: Make a generic, red head, tsundere heroine who is the highest tier of the power tier, and have her lose to the main character in the background so she will kick start the series with challenging him to a duel.
5th step : The girl loses, fall in love with the main character for whatever reason. Repeat the above step but skip step 2-3 for another girl.
6th step: Partner with an unknown manga artist and mediocre anime studio, produce a short manga adaptation and one season anime for promoting.
7th step: after 2-3 years, make another series follow the above steps.
8th step : Profit.

and then that slime become a demon lord and built its own country

Just wait for it to digi-volve.

let me guess the final form is seraphimon? 

At least they have storyline...

Chapter full of hamfisted exposition and character introductions. No backstory or explanation of why the girls got the hots for the guy beside him being the main character. He also reeks of standard shounen, harem, too cool for school, light novel main character (see video for explanation, it's educational). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcI0Nk0c4A

Let's hope the next few chapters can salvage this otherwise decent concept.

Welp, I agree with this video.

What I never understood is why Asterisk got two seasons while Rakudai which was obviously waaaaaaay better (in facts it's the best out of all those generic story IMO) didn't get one... 

MidoriKitzune
Jul 24 2016 09:20 AM

what's with all the pointless fan-service? has japan really degraded to the point that if it doesn't have copious amounts of fan-service that he's not worth printing? i actually wondered if girls just wore those long jackets (i forget what they're called) because in that one panel with the 2 girls fighting in the example, one didn't have a skirt. then there was all that 'spiritual' nude stuff. 

i'm not saying fan-service is bad, but you gotta use it right and in the proper amounts. otherwise it's just a manga with fan-service and little to no plot.

the fact that japan hasn't gotten sick of tsundere's at this point amazes me. i mean honestly, seems like 90% of manga/anime/LN have tsundere's as main or important side characters. whats worse is the MC's just let them role over them, personally i'm sick of this trope.

DEATH TO ALL TSUNDERE!!!!!

Sadly.

Japanese love that crap xD.

It's cute at some points. Like Toradora.

But a tmost times it's just stupid.

The same stupid as DENSE MC ... to oblivion.

It's like "Dense+ Tsundere ... and he thinks she wants to kill him. When she wants to get into his pants." ... trope that japanese beta males love so much.

Adleramin is good in that regard.

The MC and the sub chars .. are all UNQIUE people who feel ALIFE.

And alot of others do it right too.

...okay one of my favorite LN is super Dense MC ... but Weed, wouldn't be Weed. If he wasn't dense to the point that he thinks the mute girlfirend of his wants him death ... Best moment when they marry ingame ... so he can get some wealth ... and she genuinely cherishes her ring. While he sobs of the loss of items .. he gave her, cause she stared SO INTENSELY at that WEDDING RING PAIR.

" i will give you this ... "

xD oh WEED. So classic~

Mutedere+ Dense so good.

Oh and yes ...

If the plot isnt good. That PLOT needs to be layed out thick.

Sex sells.

It's not likely to sell otherwise.

I would read it still ... i was wtfing at each pantyshot and fanservice.

No reason for all of them.

Good fanservice is done with surprise in mind.

And makes you smile in an perverted way xD.

My guess is that the slime probably have some kind of mimic ability and the guy might have a library's worth of monster info to utilised and they'll proceed to wipe the floor.

Not read it yet, but for some reason he nearly sounds like naofumi in shield hero... Trained something like slimes to be his attack tool... Great bartering chip... Walk in, toss "slime around" but they never hurt him... Think more paceman type tho... *shrugs*. Gonna have to read it soon

Okay... where's the LN in this.

Just wait for it to digi-volve.

what's with all the pointless fan-service? has japan really degraded to the point that if it doesn't have copious amounts of fan-service that he's not worth printing? i actually wondered if girls just wore those long jackets (i forget what they're called) because in that one panel with the 2 girls fighting in the example, one didn't have a skirt. then there was all that 'spiritual' nude stuff. 

i'm not saying fan-service is bad, but you gotta use it right and in the proper amounts. otherwise it's just a manga with fan-service and little to no plot.

You're still not ready to deal with tsunderes. You need more training.

the fact that japan hasn't gotten sick of tsundere's at this point amazes me. i mean honestly, seems like 90% of manga/anime/LN have tsundere's as main or important side characters. whats worse is the MC's just let them role over them, personally i'm sick of this trope.

DEATH TO ALL TSUNDERE!!!!!

LoL it's not really a cliffhanger but it leaves you wanting to see the outcome even if it's obvious...

lets see... pokemon meets kamijou touma meets.... what was that manga called?

Reminds me of tora kiss, but less fun. Followed for now.

Why is she

Spoiler

You're still not ready to deal with tsunderes. You need more training.

Now, watch the slime be god or something later on and too OP.

Nothing makes me more happier than seeing people critiquing chinese comic strips as if the medium is something more than that. If you guys wanted deep, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit is always available. As is Kant's work, or Ludwig von Wittgenstein's, or if you're not into philosophy, you can read Walter Rudin's Principles of Mathematical Analysis or something to that calibre. 

In sum, let's try not to take manga seriously, okay? You guys will be better off that way.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics