Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * - - (3.22 - 272votes)

Dekisokonai no Monster Trainer

Alt Names: alt A Failure of a Monster Traineralt できそこないの魔獣錬磨師alt 没路用的魔兽炼磨师
Author: Minami Takumi
Artist: Yui
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a world where everyone has a monster crest from birth, a select few rise to become Monster Trainers. Reyn Erhardt, a slime trainer, the lowest of the low, cares nothing for status and just continues his daily regimen of training for his personal slime, Pem-Pem. Yet in school dominated by monsters as grand as dragons, those who cannot hope to rise to the top take out their frustrations on the lowest ones, and Reyn and Pem-Pem make for easy marks. Or do they?
Go to Dekisokonai no Monster Trainer Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raws and/or LN/WN translations? New Window xts
  • 3 Replies

199 Comments

You know, I think it's because japense people love the "harem" genre, and Stupid as fuck MCs. That's the meta, OP character with lame sociability skills and full of "cute" girls behind'em. That's what Rakudai lacks, there's fanservice but there's not the cliche fanservice they want.

Japan doesn't care about harems, they care about power fantasies. Harems are just a substitute for sex/rape. (How many harem stories have you seen where the MC -intentionally- kisses a girl?)

So sloooow

I have to agree, she's an annoying type. She can take her inborn status, shove it up her ass and go her own way. There's no need for her to go out of her way to "talk" with him. Being a captain obvious is not a respectable job, nor is being a fool.

Because Rakudai(anime) is actually inferior to Asterisk, only having more well developed characters(because that's all it has, character development, for the rest it lacks everything else), and cause Asterisk light novel does explain things the anime left out, and does have a decent character progression, while it doesn't focus on that.

It's funny because, you described a lame anime (asterisk) being better than a slightly better one.

You know, I think it's because japense people love the "harem" genre, and Stupid as fuck MCs. That's the meta, OP character with lame sociability skills and full of "cute" girls behind'em. That's what Rakudai lacks, there's fanservice but there's not the cliche fanservice they want.

Welp, I agree with this video.

What I never understood is why Asterisk got two seasons while Rakudai which was obviously waaaaaaay better (in facts it's the best out of all those generic story IMO) didn't get one... 

Because Rakudai(anime) is actually inferior to Asterisk, only having more well developed characters(because that's all it has, character development, for the rest it lacks everything else), and cause Asterisk light novel does explain things the anime left out, and does have a decent character progression, while it doesn't focus on that.

Man that stuck up girl is trash I hate girls with that attitude.

You're not stuck up when you're telling the truth. And to tell you the truth, it's ridiculous how they keep spawning main characters with utterly weak powers that have some sort of godlike cheat that make something ridiculously inferior, powerful enough to deal with even gods. This kind of thing is getting absolutely tiring, hopefully the MC will lose, and save us from further cliche'd events.

I mean, if you want you MC to be powerful, then give him a real power, do not resort to these kind of tricks.

I'd usually be on MCs side whenever these kind of thing happens, but it's insulting that we have someone who uses the weakest monster and wants to win over the most powerful, something like this is so ridiculous I can't even take his side here.

Can you imagine how humiliating it is for someone who is talented and did train enough to reach where she got, to be defeated by a "failure" who got a cheat? 

Hopefully he'll lose this time around and will then train his slime until it morphs into some other kind of liquid creature, that could realistically stand a chance against that kind of dragon.

There's something that feels incredibly cynical about this one. It feels like the author and editor just looked at what manga is currently popular, took all the tropes and put them into one manga with the end result being an incredibly generic mess lacking any real sincerity or passion.

Man that stuck up girl is trash I hate girls with that attitude.

the name should be generic bullshit

maybe your name should be annoying smuck.

You say that like it's a bad thing. 

Second Chapter shows that tamers can use a contract bond to make them more powerful, maybe friendship is the key to more power

I would actually find it quite amusing if the slime didn't have some secret special power and was just damn near impossible to kill by vitrue of being a living blob of goo. Literally just keep using tackle until they give up from frustration or succumb to exhaustion.
Imagine it like you'd be watching a battle between a real monster and a Magikarp with infinite health.

Evolution?

Lol I bet that slime has a tentacle ability

for defense purposes of course

the pointless fanservice was... pointless.

No respect for the slime. I mean think about how useful it would be to have a monster like that. Sure you can't be a 'knight' like they say but you'd make a great assassin. Slimes are small and portable and due to their...slime...like bodies they're easy to hide, their semi-liquid bodies easily fitting in many different containers. I'm sure they can do enough damage to kill someone too since if they can't then no one would train them since you can do more with just your human body. Plus who would suspect the lowest of the low, the weakest of the weak to be the one who offed some king with a dragon or something?

...wow that's way too much thought into that. 

Try "No Game No Life" ...

the weakest of the weak can defeat higher magical creature, including God Slayer, God and even The One True God ...

Huh, well this is actually pretty good so far. A funny, snarky, and overall fairly likable protagonist, a charmingly goofy cast that's not afraid to bend a few archetypes (overly-emotional miswording girl trying to play the cool beauty elite, the shy childhood friend being fairly excitable, the male friend being a passive-agressive but friendly douche, etc.) and a moderately unique premise. I'll need to see a few more chapters before I'm sold but so far I'm liking what I'm seeing.
Nice im looking forward to this
I wonder if the slime suddenly transform into something like dogoman or dogolady from neptunia VII, that would be pretty hilarious

No respect for the slime. I mean think about how useful it would be to have a monster like that. Sure you can't be a 'knight' like they say but you'd make a great assassin. Slimes are small and portable and due to their...slime...like bodies they're easy to hide, their semi-liquid bodies easily fitting in many different containers. I'm sure they can do enough damage to kill someone too since if they can't then no one would train them since you can do more with just your human body. Plus who would suspect the lowest of the low, the weakest of the weak to be the one who offed some king with a dragon or something?

...wow that's way too much thought into that. 

Comedy-Ecchi-Harem ... Instant Follow ... =3= ...

also expecting 2nd season anime for "Seikoku no Dragonar" ...

kinda remind me with this somehow ...

Tora Kiss - A School Odyssey ...

we know MC will win ... and actually the chance MC to lose is VERY LOW because the cliche ...

unless it will become like "Ore Ga Ojou-sama Gakkou Ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Spin Off Sareta Ken" ...

Do not dare to compare THIS mc with the one on Tora Kiss.At least the axe in the later make it end that one in a sure reverse rape to the protagonist by the girls.

Comedy-Ecchi-Harem ... Instant Follow ... =3= ...

also expecting 2nd season anime for "Seikoku no Dragonar" ...

I knew i felt like i had seen the art before!

It's the same artist of the manga with cute loli rabbit-like treasurer-n-detective!

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/seitokai-tantei-kirika-r7281

and...

Spoiler

Are there ever any end-chapter lines that actually genre-savvy?

I mean, we all know she gonna lose for sure, so it would be cool if that lines actually say something like "The Dragon Trainer has unfortunately raise her lose flag! But how exactly the Slime Trainer going to defeat her?" instead.

kinda remind me with this somehow ...

Tora Kiss - A School Odyssey ...

we know MC will win ... and actually the chance MC to lose is VERY LOW because the cliche ...

unless it will become like "Ore Ga Ojou-sama Gakkou Ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Spin Off Sareta Ken" ...

I knew i felt like i had seen the art before!

It's the same artist of the manga with cute loli rabbit-like treasurer-n-detective!

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/seitokai-tantei-kirika-r7281

and...

Spoiler

Are there ever any end-chapter lines that actually genre-savvy?

I mean, we all know she gonna lose for sure, so it would be cool if that lines actually say something like "The Dragon Trainer has unfortunately raise her lose flag! But how exactly the Slime Trainer going to defeat her?" instead.

Lines could be "Charizard, I choose you"

Holy shit this is hilariously bad. It's like the author took a a few pages from a dozen generic shit tier harem manga and spliced them together randomly. Forget good, it wasn't even coherent. I couldn't understand why half of the dialogue even occurred. How can Japan keep publishing shit like this?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics