Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 172votes)

Team Medical Dragon

Alt Names: alt 医龍alt 醫龍Team Medical Dragonalt Iryuu - Team Medical Dragonalt Medical Dragonalt Team Medical Dragonalt Tim Naga Medisalt Команда "Дракон Медицинский"
Author: Nagai Akira
Artist: Nogizaka Tarou
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaMedical MedicalPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Dr. Katou is an ambitious woman who seeks to revolutionize the corrupt and inefficient Japanese medical system from within by becoming a professor in a teaching hospital. She enlists a maverick surgeon, Dr. Asada Ryuutarou, to help her with research that would catapult her to a professorship should they succeed and publish. However, Asada's refusal to conform to the system soon threatens to destroy not only her plans but her entire career. Katou is prepared to do anything, including going along with the system, in order to achieve her end goal, but she begins to question whether she has gone too far as Asada's actions bring many of the system's shortcomings to light.

This manga received the 50th Shogakukan Manga Award for general manga in 2005.
Go to Team Medical Dragon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Seeking Help!!!! New Window bosslady
  • 0 Replies
Topic Corrupt doctors New Window agustis
  • 18 Replies
Topic TOP 5 New Window Ridan
  • 4 Replies
Topic Katou and Yaguchi's son New Window passerby09
  • 2 Replies
Topic Attention scanlators New Window オニヅカ
  • 4 Replies

457 Comments

I really liked the last two arcs because it dealt more with the characters' lives/emotions rather than the politics of the medical world. Gahhh that arc about Noguchi's son killed me....so

Spoiler

Asada & Katou need to get together already.

Wishful thinking, she made her choice years ago.

Man, I love that guy. He's creepy, disgusting, selfish and power hungry, but I like him xD

I'm starting to root for the underdog and magnificent bastard...

Man... Why is this guy so god damn creepy?

because, its basicly every asshole money grubbing, god complex person rolled into one person... even his face makes you wanna punch him into a bloody heep.

Asada & Katou need to get together already.

Man... Why is this guy so god damn creepy?

I really liked the last two arcs because it dealt more with the characters' lives/emotions rather than the politics of the medical world. Gahhh that arc about Noguchi's son killed me....so
Spoiler

Oh my god in the 120s chapters, I don't see why they're making such a fuss... AB blood (diregarding the Rh factor here) is the universal recipient, meaning that people with AB blood can accept blood from any other blood type.

...I should stop complaining haha

Yeah, we went through all this a while back. More than likely this is after the doctor who was advising the writer had passed away and from then on made mistakes with the medical details or just fudged some things in an attempt to make the manga more exciting.
As for the other post you made, did you really need to go into that much detail because the member of the scanlation team wrote Left Aorta and not Left Atrium? People make mistakes, especially when they are trying to get a release out.

Oh my god in the 120s chapters, I don't see why they're making such a fuss... AB blood (diregarding the Rh factor here) is the universal recipient, meaning that people with AB blood can accept blood from any other blood type.

...I should stop complaining haha

I've let a few things slide, but this one's just ridiculous. The mitral, also known as the bicuspid atrioventricular valve, is, as the name indicates, a valve located between an atrium and a ventricle. There are two atrioventricular valves in the heart: the tricuspid and mitral valve. The tricuspid valve is located between the right atrium and right ventricle (which pumps blood to the lungs), whearas the mitral valve is located between the left atrium and the left ventricle (pumps blood to the body). The aorta is the largest artery in the body. The valve between the left ventricle and aorta (there is only one aorta, so saying left aorta makes no sense at all) is the aortic semilunar valve. Mitral regurgitation (or mitral insufficiency) has nothing to do with the aorta.
>_>

Wheeew, there goes my anatomy rant. :PTeam_Medical_Dragon_v04_c25_-_033.png

theslowblitz
May 29 2014 04:34 AM

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

article-2187197-14817D00000005DC-408_468

So yeah, professor I need you to "retire early" like nowish.  I have plans to put a easy chair and bar stool over there you know for my mid-day drinking sessions

Don't die, Noguchi :(

wow, he actually gets sick huh...if he dies, this manga will surely get a LOT more peaceful.

this chapters noguchi reminds me of gary oldman vampire, especially here.

Come on, a manga about a cardiac team and their biggest enemy has a HEART condition. I mean every victory they have comes from heart surgery. He'll have surgery, someone either facing death or maybe events leading up to the surgery will change him, perhaps the thought of living to see his grandson.

wow, he actually gets sick huh...if he dies, this manga will surely get a LOT more peaceful.

this chapters noguchi reminds me of gary oldman vampire, especially here.

My grandfather passed away from an aortic aneurysm :(

Thanks for the new chapter!

i know a guy who survived a rupture because he lived only a few minutes away from the hospital. and there was another who died before the ambulance arrived, only 45 years old. i lost the best teacher i've ever had that day.

This is a manga modeled on reality. And in reality, things tend to be ugly. The art only accentuates what the creator's intentions are. Plus, it's nice to see rather realistic art for once. As a premed student, it's especially rewarding to see.

The way this author draw people, especially their eyes, is some of the creepiest stuff I've come across in manga. Its just really unsettling.  I'm not saying this manga deserves a horror catagory or anything, but for the last few chapters or so I've just been waiting for someone to snap and do some serial killer style shit.

Anyone out there know what I'm talking about or am I being overly sensitive?

I think you are over-reacting. They are actually fairly accurate depictions of how people look when they are scared or shocked. 

Your typical manga artist that has their character pretty much dead pan everything (typically they just move their eye-brows and change their mouth shape) and then uses monologues and incredibly overt signals such as profuse sweating, steam coming out of ears etc. to show strong emotions. It's actually refreshing to see such a realistic depiction of faces without the cheap theatrics to convey drama and emotion.

He's also gone for fairly realistic depictions of people and I wouldn't be surprised if many of the characters are actually based on a real person who the mangaka has gotten to model the different facial expressions for.

The way this author draw people, especially their eyes, is some of the creepiest stuff I've come across in manga. Its just really unsettling.  I'm not saying this manga deserves a horror catagory or anything, but for the last few chapters or so I've just been waiting for someone to snap and do some serial killer style shit.

Anyone out there know what I'm talking about or am I being overly sensitive?

Spoiler

Influences, prestige and money.  Being influential in Japan is similar to how good a lobbyist is in the US.  Even if you are retired, you would still be ask for consultations which isn't exactly free (they've a kickback system there, it isn't considered a kickback there since it's ingrained into their culture, but it is what it is).  Along with that, he can still push his own agendas post retirement should he retain his influences.  Aside from consultation, he will remain in the loop.  Should an advantageous situation happens, he would be able to take advantage by investing into it.

[continue].....

Spoiler

Power is fading from noguchi as the story goes on.

My grandfather passed away from an aortic aneurysm :(

Thanks for the new chapter!

Can anyone explain to me what Noguchi actually gains by having someone he likes succeed him if he's retiring anyway? I know at the start it was that he would get recognition from Katou's batista thesis, but now I just don't get what he's after

Question: I'm at around chapter 80. Does Asada ever fail?

Spoiler

Question: I'm at around chapter 80. Does Asada ever fail?

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics