Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 166votes)

Simply Good Taste for a Duke's Daughter

Alt Names: alt Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughteralt 公爵千金的爱好alt 公爵令嬢の嗜みalt Common Sense of a Duke’s Daughteralt Kōshaku Reijō no Tashinamialt Koshaku Reijo no Tashinamialt Koushaku Reijou no Tashinamialt Simply Good Sense for a Duke’s Daughter
Author: Reia
Artist: Umemiya Suki
Genres: Drama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Although she had reincarnated as a the daughter of a Duke's house, by the time she regained her memories, the Ending was already here.

"After he cancels my engagement, the story would have me confined to a church. Where can I find my happy ending?"

---
A woman gets hit by a truck and gets sent to the world of an otome game that she had played earlier that same day. However, instead of reincarnating into the main character and focus of the harem, she is fused into the soul of the game's antagonist, the protagonist's rival, and recalled this at the moment she is about to be sentenced to a "bad ending:" isolation in a nunnery.
---

Original Source: https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000012/

Web Novel Translation: http://japtem.com/projects/dd-toc/
Go to Simply Good Taste for a Duke's Daughter Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raw? New Window shaoxin54
  • 0 Replies
Topic Dont Drop this manga!.. This manga need to be Animated in Anime New Window kingpipot89
  • 0 Replies
Topic Light/Web Novel Discussion (spoilers) New Window mizuouji
  • 1 Replies
Topic Translations New Window reanseih
  • 0 Replies

245 Comments

I mean, the reason reincarnation or world-shift stories exist at all is going to be 90% self-insert wish fulfillment anyway, but I think it's still interesting to look at exactly what those wishes are, and how they're being fulfilled. I would argue that "I talked my way out of being sent to a convent and into a position of relative power in a minor fiefdom! I'm so smart!" is pretty different from "I talked my parents into having a polygamous relationship with my father's mistress/rape victim! I'm so smart!"

That said, I agree with other people saying the whole inclusion of the reincarnation videogame angle is really weird, in this case? Like, it's been completely sidelined to the point that I'm not even sure why it's here. She's having no trouble adapting to her role, she's shown no attachment to either her previous self or even the character and relationships she built up while playing the game, and so far the only difference it's made is that she knew she would be sent to a convent if she didn't play her cards right, and now she's doing yoga I guess.

I have to assume this was based off of a light novel where they had more time to expand on any of this stuff, but these chapters feel so short and rushed that they may as well have cut out the reincarnation stuff and just made it a straight fantasy story about this character to begin with.

This is a unique case where the character also receives Iris's memories. The weight of an OL's memories and Iris's memories are not really compatible, though would you rather be an OL or a Duke's Daughter? But the issue is that Iris is the rival character in an otome novel. Generally they're not the most sympathetic and we are not aware how much of her background is known. That is often a thing that most otome reincarnations either are not concerned about as they are reincarnated young enough to make those memories, or have other pressing issues to deal with.

Generally when one is reincarnated into an otome rival, a disproportionately bad end is always at stake. From that end the main goal of the reincarnate is survival, which is entirely fortunate that this character bucks the norm by not being the densest substance known to man. Compared to the average otome rival, most would not be given the responsiblity of managing a fief either. Thus its a relatively different otome game reincarnation with some land management in the mix. 

I think its kinda that this story has so far perfectly lined up the MC to basically do the same things as all of the other Reincarnation stories that people are complaining about.

I mean, the reason reincarnation or world-shift stories exist at all is going to be 90% self-insert wish fulfillment anyway, but I think it's still interesting to look at exactly what those wishes are, and how they're being fulfilled. I would argue that "I talked my way out of being sent to a convent and into a position of relative power in a minor fiefdom! I'm so smart!" is pretty different from "I talked my parents into having a polygamous relationship with my father's mistress/rape victim! I'm so smart!"

That said, I agree with other people saying the whole inclusion of the reincarnation videogame angle is really weird, in this case? Like, it's been completely sidelined to the point that I'm not even sure why it's here. She's having no trouble adapting to her role, she's shown no attachment to either her previous self or even the character and relationships she built up while playing the game, and so far the only difference it's made is that she knew she would be sent to a convent if she didn't play her cards right, and now she's doing yoga I guess.

I have to assume this was based off of a light novel where they had more time to expand on any of this stuff, but these chapters feel so short and rushed that they may as well have cut out the reincarnation stuff and just made it a straight fantasy story about this character to begin with.

..OK I admit. I actually looking forward to the imouto's diary in the credit's page as much as the actual manga itself.

What? You've never played a game or watched a play so much that you couldn't act it out scene for scene?

Well, I could (but i have my 2nd thoughts) but not suddenly in a middle of a scene.. She was just thrown away in the middle of the scene already. There are no transitions at all. Like remembering her past life but no, the moment she was slapped into the scene,she proceeds to 100% Mary stu-ing the game so fast that I can't recognize who's the princess or the reincarnated

Wait? What...

So where is the modern MC? I know she likes the game so much she could act it herself? Though there should be at least a "wait what?" Scene or something like that plus I thought the game leads her to being a nun? Not a fief lord. Is she already in control? Man, there is no trace of modernity and as if this isn't really an isekai but an another story.

The story is like a bullet train to the face.. Recap please?

What? You've never played a game or watched a play so much that you couldn't act it out scene for scene? 

Wait? What...

So where is the modern MC? I know she likes the game so much she could act it herself? Though there should be at least a "wait what?" Scene or something like that plus I thought the game leads her to being a nun? Not a fief lord. Is she already in control? Man, there is no trace of modernity and as if this isn't really an isekai but an another story.

The story is like a bullet train to the face.. Recap please?

I think its kinda that this story has so far perfectly lined up the MC to basically do the same things as all of the other Reincarnation stories that people are complaining about.

Forming a harem?  Look at the last page of Chapter 4, we've got two Pretty Boys, a new Girl, and the Maid who obviously loves the MC already.

"Inventing" a bunch of tech?  Chapter 4 starts with her doing Yoga and Chapter 3 ended with it putting her in the position to reform the administration of her family's fief along modern line.

Getting Revenge on the people who jilted her?  Like the story basically started with her dad casually dropping hints that there's another Prince she can and will probably wind up Wooing who is if anything further up in the line of succession.

Honestly the only Reincarnation Story that really does things differently is Bokura no Kiseki.  Though I am loving this one, as I like my MC's Manipulative and Clever.

Now let's get this Succession War Started.

While I agree Bokuseki is a different reincarnation story than the rest but this Duke Daughter also doing good and not like the rest of other otome reincarnation story.

I think there won't be harem and the story will walk on a different path than strongly relying on romance plot, the maid sure love the MC but not on romantic or yuri way and the gathering of hot guys isn't a sign this will be harem either. If there will be I think it will be a subplot while the real plot is about the fief so this won't be a cheesy reincarnation story like the rest. 

Oooh I like this girl. Refined, intelligent, proud but not overbearing. Hope this one doesn't go the way of having her become super OP and inventing everything like others mentioned. Those can be fun to read but are lose points in my book for egotism.

Looking forward to this story.

A nice twist from the usual stories I see where the MC has more time to turn things around and aim for a happy ending as part of the main romance. Instead we get to enjoy the "alternate ending" so to speak, where the antagonist girl avoids being sent away tot he church and comes back in avengeance :3

Can't wait haha

The ending suggests that she became a good girl IMO. 
DAT smile tho...
Ugh, I'm in love. 
I'm glad I'm following this one!

Forming a harem?  Look at the last page of Chapter 4, we've got two Pretty Boys, a new Girl, and the Maid who obviously loves the MC already.

"Inventing" a bunch of tech?  Chapter 4 starts with her doing Yoga and Chapter 3 ended with it putting her in the position to reform the administration of her family's fief along modern line.

Getting Revenge on the people who jilted her?  Like the story basically started with her dad casually dropping hints that there's another Prince she can and will probably wind up Wooing who is if anything further up in the line of succession.

Honestly the only Reincarnation Story that really does things differently is Bokura no Kiseki.  Though I am loving this one, as I like my MC's Manipulative and Clever.

Its hard to explain how its slightly different from the other series.

In regards to the harem, until there are obvious scenes in which the characters show romantic interest, that panel is just a character introduction.

As for the invention of tech, its when MC tries to sell a simple idea (be it sugar, coffee, crop rotation, etc.) off as their own revolutionary idea, and states how much its going to help mankind, be it jobs, productivity, equality, etc. is what ticks me. I guess its more of when MC takes a neutral technological idea and tries to pull a moral spin to it is what I hate the most regarding these reincarnation stories.

Like you said, Bokura no Kiseki is different in that it tries to describe the Why? of the reincarnation aspect, where as these reincarnation stories describe more of the How? a character begins their own journey.

Esteeeee what are you doing with your Imouto!!!

So even the onee-chan is like Este?
Poor imouto. It's a wonder how she managed to keep her virgi innocence that long....

Thanks for the chapter :D

I must say, this series is a pleasant surprise. I expected a cookie cutter reincarnation story in which MC has some special cheat and tries to act as if every technological advancement was  their own original idea, but this is a rather unique twist on a staling genre. Really hope it continues in this direction.

The otome reincarnations are noticeably better than the majority of reincarnation stories in terms of characters and plot.

... This is interesting

yeah good for you have read at least xD

No, seriously, it's mentioned in the raws that

Spoiler

I read the raws long before anybody began translating it. I was even going around telling people to translate it.

He's actually only a midboss.

yeah good for you have read at least xD

I must say, this series is a pleasant surprise. I expected a cookie cutter reincarnation story in which MC has some special cheat and tries to act as if every technological advancement was  their own original idea, but this is a rather unique twist on a staling genre. Really hope it continues in this direction.

This girl has backbone

If only she could donate a fraction of it to some other male protagonist, that would be awesome.

And then there's Bakarina: "What if you were reborn into a videogame, in the role of the villain you had previously hated and enjoyed her demise, but while scrambling around to avoid that dead end, ends up making a harem?"

Spoiler

If Bakarina ever gets manga adaptation lemme know my group will scanlate it in a heartbeat.

"What if you were reborn into a videogame, but in the role of the villain you had previously thought of as a simple end boss, living out the consequences your own actions from a perspective you hadn't considered?"

Novel : My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending 

That is like you said by Madao Translation

He's actually only a midboss.

Josei manga: "What if you were reborn into a videogame, but in the role of the jilted ex-lover you had previously thought of as a simple enemy or meaningless side character, living out the consequences your own actions from a perspective you hadn't considered?"
Seinen manga: "What if your were reborn into a videogame, but you could make your own harem of sexy girls with your totally awesome natural talents and/or literal slave magic and show all those bastards that you were always secretly awesome and they should never have doubted you?!"

Am I being unfair? I'm probably being unfair. Still, I can't help but notice a certain difference in priorities, here...

"What if you were reborn into a videogame, but in the role of the villain you had previously thought of as a simple  boss, living out the consequences your own actions from a perspective you hadn't considered?"

Novel : My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending 

That is like you said by Madao Translation

Josei manga: "What if you were reborn into a videogame, but in the role of the jilted ex-lover you had previously thought of as a simple enemy or meaningless side character, living out the consequences your own actions from a perspective you hadn't considered?"
Seinen manga: "What if your were reborn into a videogame, but you could make your own harem of sexy girls with your totally awesome natural talents and/or literal slave magic and show all those bastards that you were always secretly awesome and they should never have doubted you?!"

Am I being unfair? I'm probably being unfair. Still, I can't help but notice a certain difference in priorities, here...

And then there's Bakarina: "What if you were reborn into a videogame, in the role of the villain you had previously hated and enjoyed her demise, but while scrambling around to avoid that dead end, ends up making a harem?"

Spoiler

Well, Yuuri isn't really to blame, I think; she cannot help being an otome game MC.

On the other hand, Iris herself is somewhat strange.  Is she really 16 years old?

Otome Heroine are EVIL!

You do realise that, since there were several routes in the game, the fact that Yuuri is with the Prince means that she engaged on his route.

Even though he already had a fiancée.

Well, I say that, but seeing the Prince, it is likely that he just decided to go for Yuuri just because she looked cute and evne though he had a fiancée.

And then he blames the fiancée in question for all of his faults.

Depending on the scenario, either Yuuri and the Prince are Aholes, either just the Prince is and Yuuri is just a poor girl who ended up falling for someone.

It's still the Prince's fault though.

For Iris's mentality, she is a Noble. And more than that, a member of a ducal family.

Which means that she got a very excellent education.

She also got fused with someone in their mid-thirties (something like that), so her maturity is normal.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics