Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.05 - 488votes)

Maou no Hajimekata - The Comic

Alt Names: alt Cara Mengawali Karir Sebagai Raja Iblis - Komikalt 魔王の始め方 THE COMICalt How to Book on the Devil - The Comicalt How to Build a Dungeon: Book of the Demon Kingalt How to Get Started as the Demon King - The Comicalt 成为魔王的方法
Author: Warau Yakan
Artist: Komiya Toshimasa
Genres: Action ActionEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremSeinen SeinenSmut SmutTragedy Tragedy[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "I do not trust humans. They’ll betray you without fail.” Aur, the man who had obtained the ability and right to become the Maou at the end of his life of research. Summoning the succubus Lilu, he then sets out on creating his own domain, a gigantic labyrinthine dungeon… The misanthropic Maou taking on the world, the curtain rises on a dark harem fantasy!

Webcomic:
http://www.comic-valkyrie.com/modules/web_valkyrie/maouno/

adapted from web novel series of the same name

========Batoto Staff Notice=========
Chapters removed due to content
that violates our Guidelines on
Inappropriate Content.
PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD!
========Staff Notice End==========
Go to Maou no Hajimekata - The Comic Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic novel New Window babbo5d
  • 4 Replies

771 Comments

Hahah your example is pretty overblown and off the mark, and misses the point of my earlier comment. What I meant to say is, the MC isn't cartoonishly evil. Like he doesn't go out of his way to kill babies and old people for shits and giggles etc. Look at the way he entered a mutually beneficial relationship with the villagers that complied with his demands. I didn't say pragmatic = CAN'T be judged as good or evil. I meant based on his actions he didn't seem particularly good or evil. Like if you want totally evil look at Esdeath and the regent from Akame ga Kill. Characters like that who glory in sadistic torture and other such unsavory activities. Although I do admit this MC is by no means a paragon of justice. I don't mind a pure evil MC either.

"isn't cartoonishly evil" = Drugging, kidnapping, brainwashing someone.

Oh. Ok. Sorry for not thinking that plots used in cartoons aren't "cartoonishly evil".

If "pragmatic" exempts you from being judged as good or evil, you should go down to the nearby retirement home, throw everyone into a meat grinder and use them as fertilizer. Its more "pragmatic" to stop wasting resources on keeping those people alive AND to develop a long term strategy to produce more resources.

All these attempts to justify that the protagonist isn't "evil" is idiotic.

Hahah your example is pretty overblown and off the mark, and misses the point of my earlier comment. What I meant to say is, the MC isn't cartoonishly evil. Like he doesn't go out of his way to kill babies and old people for shits and giggles etc. Look at the way he entered a mutually beneficial relationship with the villagers that complied with his demands. I didn't say pragmatic = CAN'T be judged as good or evil. I meant based on his actions he didn't seem particularly good or evil. Like if you want totally evil look at Esdeath and the regent from Akame ga Kill. Characters like that who glory in sadistic torture and other such unsavory activities. Although I do admit this MC is by no means a paragon of justice. I don't mind a pure evil MC either.

If "pragmatic" exempts you from being judged as good or evil, you should go down to the nearby retirement home, throw everyone into a meat grinder and use them as fertilizer. Its more "pragmatic" to stop wasting resources on keeping those people alive AND to develop a long term strategy to produce more resources.

Looks like someone is jealous (joking)

Could somebody tell me the name of a similar manga? I think it was about a guy who died in an accident and got reincarnated as a wizard sorcerer who enslaved girls. There was also a girl who was also reincarnated but as a hero.

ty

edit: nevermind found it

Ok this MC is a lot better then I thought. At first I believed it was going down hill with cheap hentai "training" but the MC actually put a lot of thought into his methods. A believable brainwashing scenarios was concocted. Not only that, the MC isn't a brainless villain either. He's a ruthless pragmatist that's neither good nor evil. He just makes the optimal choices for his own situation, if it means helping the villagers in the processes then all the better for him. I'm looking forward to how this turns out.

Surprised this isn't blocked yet..... What with the rape and such. Don't get me wrong, I like the story and all, but....this is going a bit too far in the whole "evil demon king" act. Oh well, we'll see how it goes from now on. Just hope it won't turn into something like Re:Monster where the author is just fullfilling his own fantasies.

Yes, he should fulfill your fantasies instead.

Surprised this isn't blocked yet..... What with the rape and such. Don't get me wrong, I like the story and all, but....this is going a bit too far in the whole "evil demon king" act. Oh well, we'll see how it goes from now on. Just hope it won't turn into something like Re:Monster where the author is just fullfilling his own fantasies.

Okay this is the first "maou" protagonist in a long time that actually may deserve the title of maou... interesting story, I dont dig all the raping though

hehehe like this story quite a bit now :3

think I read a little of the LN or something for this before but it was only a single chapter so the detail didn't get further than the 1st chapter of this.

if only there were more chapters available already :( the pains of joining a series that is too new I guess

uuwaa~ He's so evil..

Fuck, my sides ... I did not anticipate that last page ...

It's slightly more ironic than that due to what "En Sof" (as well as all those alternate spellings) usually refers to ...

Not sure why you linked the German Wikipedia for it, but you're correct. Ein Sof/Ain Soph is essentially "the nameless being", the one who created the world. It literally means "no limitations" or "Infinity". The Aur/Ohr part of his name changes it to mean "boundless light" or something along those lines, referring to the primordial infinite light that God utilized during creation. The "Aur" is commonly used to inspire humility and nullification of ego (interestingly enough). The "Ein Sof" portion is to represent God, or rather, the essence of God that transcends humanity to the point where it is non-existent or "limitless".

Just some harmless trivia for those interested.

Ok this MC is a lot better then I thought. At first I believed it was going down hill with cheap hentai "training" but the MC actually put a lot of thought into his methods. A believable brainwashing scenarios was concocted. Not only that, the MC isn't a brainless villain either. He's a ruthless pragmatist that's neither good nor evil. He just makes the optimal choices for his own situation, if it means helping the villagers in the processes then all the better for him. I'm looking forward to how this turns out.

Anyone else think of the old 'Dungeon Keeper' games back from the late 90s while reading this?

Even the goblins setting up dens is similar.  I think of this as Dungeon Keeper 2, since there is a succubus sidekick in that one.

am i the only one here who's disturbed by the credit page?

This needs the mindbreak tag... I was going to follow this series but it feels like some cheap hentai :s

WOW

never expect this get another chapter so soon <3 

nice job Rapeman

In the novel, MC ''train'' the knight by:

Spoiler

So in the LN...

Spoiler

To Aur, "punishment" and "reward" means the same thing. XD

The only thing that bothers me about this is that between all the gore and sex the atmosphere is oddly lighthearted.

personally,i dont have problem with MC is evil,because manga with MC is good guy already mainstream-and i really bored with that.

But i think its too early if right now we judge the MC is evil,, yeah, i know that he already wiped out a village,but i mean is,this MC have motive or background story that isnt clear yet in the first chapter,so in my opinion we cant judge him evil or good just for now. for example like manga assasination classroom,in flash back arc i hope the MC really evil and really blow up moon but sadly turn out the MC is bored good guy (actually the MC still evil,dont forget that he is assassin) and never blow up the moon after his flash back is clear.

I see what you guys mean now about people being apologetic for these scum, thanks for the example comdark!

I mean I LIKE villian protagonists, way to few good ones but seriously, the point of a villian protagonist is that he is a bad guy.

personally,i dont have problem with MC is evil,because manga with MC is good guy already mainstream-and i really bored with that.

But i think its too early if right now we judge the MC is evil,, yeah, i know that he already wiped out a village,but i mean is,this MC have motive or background story that isnt clear yet in the first chapter,so in my opinion we cant judge him evil or good just for now. for example like manga assasination classroom,in flash back arc i hope the MC really evil and really blow up moon but sadly turn out the MC is bored good guy (actually the MC still evil,dont forget that he is assassin) and never blow up the moon after his flash back is clear.

So he slaughters innocents and rapes women and that's potentially not evil? Of course it's evil. He probably has a reason, but all evil has a reason; all that means is that he's not a Snidely Whiplash tier cartoon evil, but is intended to be somewhat sympathetic. Which is kinda necessary for a protagonist anyway. If any evil that has a reason isn't actually evil, then by that definition evil is made up and impossible; it violates cause and effect. Perhaps he will have some backstory where his actions become more understandable, perhaps it will even reach the degree to which we will not be able to say that we would not do the same in his place (though personally I think seventy years would dull the edge a bit) but that doesn't change that his actions are evil. And what is an evil person, more surely than one who unrepentantly does evil as a matter of course?

Mmmm, meh. Bit like re monster but just not that good. At least there was some sex in there but that was about it.

Better, I'd say. If you're looking for lewd depravity then yeah, Re: Monster is better. But it's clearly not supposed to be that. Re: Monster is just "the protagonist is cool and keeps getting cooler". It doesn't have much premise or setup. This has a way more believable character, one with strengths that run more to intellect and planning than towards happening to have an OP power and using it to become a warlord. And the manga is early but it wouldn't surprise me to see weaknesses too, even beyond his lack of direct combat ability, which was already mentioned by the first chapter. Rou doesn't have weaknesses beyond that there are strengths he is yet to gain (and arguably that he's unsophisticated and brutish, but that's not really a weakness for his lifestyle). That's cool if you get off to that, but it hardly makes it a "good" series.

What's more, this provides a something we know and which is cool but hasn't really been done well that much; the evil overlord triumphant. In that respect it's more like Overlord but again the sophistication is higher and the power fantasy is dialed way back.

Reading about the power-ascent of a powerful thug has its niche, but reading about well-executed plans in an interesting but classic setting is a much more engaging premise. Reading about an overlord that's more of an underdog is definitely a fun situation, and seeing what he's going to do when he gets out of the "introducing the story" arc and meets real resistance is something I anticipate eagerly.

lol, are you high?

that was pretty much what's happening in my head for the credit page in the end

yeaaap

*squint eyes and look around*

Damn those shekel jews.....

By "training" the hero... I hope that he meant it in a

Spoiler

kind of way...with that being said

Spoiler

Raw is up for chapter 3 at Senmanga
If you dont like to see virgin first time defloration but not forced nightmare rape kind (she's like it btw, mc did a pretty good job on handling first time rape gently) 
I suggest you guys step in slowly, and carefully
coz..
it will be bloody...
get it? get it?
Because she ... awww nevermind, 

Anyone else think of the old 'Dungeon Keeper' games back from the late 90s while reading this?

Mmmm, meh. Bit like re monster but just not that good. At least there was some sex in there but that was about it.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics