Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.34 - 105votes)

Hime-sama Tanuki no Koizanyou

Alt Names: alt 姫さま狸の恋算用alt 狸公主的恋爱计算alt Hime-sama Tanuki no Koisanyoualt Himesamadanuki no Koizanyoualt The Tanuki Princess' Love Calculus
Author: Minase Mayu
Artist: Minase Mayu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: My bride-to-be is a nonhuman princess—a tanuki?
Go to Hime-sama Tanuki no Koizanyou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

285 Comments

i am not able to find raws or translate, but if any group picks this up, i will do anything i can to help get this series out.

Fried Squid Scans has officially dropped this series.

I am the admin. 

Visit our website (linked in my profile on here) for my explanation. 

I am so sorry; if any group or individual would like to pick this series up, please make sure you get Chapter 6's translation from me!

Thank you

Was this canceled in Japan?

from what i can tell from bakaupdates, etc, i don't think so.

really hope the group scanlating this haven't dropped it.

Was this canceled in Japan?

Its been awhile since I've with 100% thought of a character as Moe.

The real question here is: Who is that girl on the cover?

20 minutes into tanuki n chill and he gives you this look

Spoiler

best grill

What the hell is it that I'm looking at in the last page?

Yeah, I can't tell either..

20 minutes into tanuki n chill and he gives you this look

tanuki1.jpg

Uchouten Kazoku

^ Just a little recommendation in the vein of similar themes. I won't enter into any serious discussion about whether or not I think the childhood friend or the princess fits better with the MC, but perhaps watching this particular anime may give some people a more nuanced perspective of the MC's relationship with Miyo (or rather, Miyo's relationship with the MC) than just "cute furry non-human creature x human". 

I just can't like that mom. Regardless of what the reason is, that attitude just pisses me off. For so many different reasons:
-While I agree children have to be grateful to their parents, they are not said parents's property, they are human fucking beings. Dictating the outcome of his life without even considering how he feels about it is the worst.
-Using the fact that you brought up your child as a bargaign chip to get him to live his life the way YOU want him to is low and petty.
-Let's say that there is an actual reason why he can't leave that affects his well being, such as he might die if he doesn't become a Tanuki person, or affects something greater than him, like the town might come to an end or whatever: the condescending way of giving the message doesn't help ANYTHING in the slightest. Sincerity can go a long way, and you shouldn't manipulate your child into making his most important decisions.
I could go on for a while, but even if some bullshit like "I was trying to make him hate me so he didn't resent his bride" is uttered later on, I would still have zero sympathy for her. Her attitude in every single scene she is in indicates that isn't even really the case anyway.
That said, I am ejoying the manga itself. The mom can go be executed by a hunter for all I care(on a bloodborne buzz. Though being executed by Kratos sounds just as good). The Tanuki wife is cute and all, but I am still rooting for the childhood friend. If anything because the thought of being forced to be with a raccoon because choice is an illusion is something I can't get behind regardless of how adorable and oblivious to the world she is.

I think childhood friend girl knows more than she's letting on. In fact I think she may know everything, including his feelings for her and any percieved feeligns she may have for him, but won't let on about that for the sake of their friendship and his engagement.

Pure speculation, though.

2Furry5Me

I'm rooting for the osanajimi just because I hate tanookis
I feel so sad for Miyo...

What the hell is it that I'm looking at in the last page?

Nice Toriko reference. :P

It's not only that. It's the fact that he can't leave where he is. He can't go to any university outside. He can't go visit ang place on earh as a vacation. When his friends will move on, he won't attend their weddings etc, he can't leave. If he wanted to have any career that meant him leaving, well tough luck he can't. stuck forever where he is.

Now he'll turn into a furry sub-human when he gets to 100.

His future is stricly limited. Is it so weird that our western views of "you can do anything in life if you work hard enough" clash with this prison-style life he will be forced to live?

P.S. The blond girl on the cover is pretty.

well first why not fully understand why the parents are so adamant about him not leaving? only a few chapters have been translated so far. there's gotta be a reason that's not purely because he has to be married to someone he only just met. it's a manga. anything is possible. might be a curse that made him unable to leave the area. maybe he got sick in the past and the only way to save him was to make a contract with the tanukis. the story is from japan. there's even a guy there who made a story that had an arc about drinking the soup from a monkey's balls. anything's possible. people just saw the first or second chapter and the comment section is already ripe with hate for the parents without knowing their motivations.

It's our scanlation speed.

Sorry! For a year, we didn't have a translator for it. Now we do! Hope this one stick with us.

Thanks for picking it up again; honestly, thanks.

Tanuki Mio so Kyawaii! <3

Never thought I could be saying this but

Needs more Tanuki.

i just love this manga, cant wait to read more...

is this manga this slow because of scanlating or because of releasing?

It's our scanlation speed.

Sorry! For a year, we didn't have a translator for it. Now we do! Hope this one stick with us.

are some people here reacting negatively to this because it's the parents who are forcing the MC?.

It's not only that. It's the fact that he can't leave where he is. He can't go to any university outside. He can't go visit ang place on earh as a vacation. When his friends will move on, he won't attend their weddings etc, he can't leave. If he wanted to have any career that meant him leaving, well tough luck he can't. stuck forever where he is.

Now he'll turn into a furry sub-human when he gets to 100.

His future is stricly limited. Is it so weird that our western views of "you can do anything in life if you work hard enough" clash with this prison-style life he will be forced to live?

P.S. The blond girl on the cover is pretty.

i just love this manga, cant wait to read more...

is this manga this slow because of scanlating or because of releasing?

Title is too long! Wouldn't "Tanu-Pon!" be a better name for this manga? :D

are some people here reacting negatively to this because it's the parents who are forcing the MC? coz there are lots of other stories where the MC is already inlove with someone else but is still forced into different situations by another girl. another thing common with those stories and this one is the fact that alot of things will be resolved if only the MC would confess his feelings and come clean with his parents. nisekoi has some similarities, tho in that one, violent threats towards the MC are involved, instead of a tanuki nisekoi has a gorilla, and the gorilla has some violent tendencies towards the MC aswell. that's better than this one who has a heroine who genuinely loves the MC? i don't understand people.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics