Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 153votes)

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria

Alt Names: alt ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 外伝 ソード・オラトリアalt DanMachi Gaiden: Sword Oratoriaalt Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoriaalt 소드 오라토리아
Author: Oomori Fujino
Artist: Yagi Takashi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: This is an adaptation of the Sword Oratoria side story light novels to Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka. It covers the story of one of the strongest 1st class adventurer, "Sword Princess" Ais Wallenstein, and her desire to reach even greater heights with her friends in the Loki Familia.

> Spin-off of Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatteiru-darou-ka-r9803 )

Raw: http://www.ganganonline.com/contents/ais/
Go to Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Bete's Character Development New Window LuckyVirgo
  • 2 Replies
Topic I'd rather read new chapters of the original than this spin-off, wouldn't you? New Window mancoo
  • 9 Replies

481 Comments

Bete! Stop making me like you, you're supposed to be the asshole drunk, not the tsudere badass!

He's an Tsundere from the first Time he appeared. Deal with it.

And I don't know what universe the author lives in, but when a guy runs away from a girl, the reaction is never : oh noes, I have to chase him down and make him stop running away!.

It's more along the lines of : What the hell is wrong with this guy? What kind of wuss is scared of a girl? Ewww!

I have no power within me to even argue with you how dumb you sound. Ever heard of different cultures? Could you search an Japanese otaku forum or just an Asian Girly forum and chat in them about the Shy awkward Cute/Handsome guy type. That's where you will get answers. Or just read the novel since except Syr everything is understandable. 

@Question

Spoiler

Chapter 29 reminded me of how cringeworthy Bell is.

He is literally the guy who spills spaghetti everywhere and can't stop stuttering whenever he talks to a girl. This is not considered an attractive trait, yet every girl he meets falls in love with him at first sight.

Hestia can be somewhat forgiven if we assume that she has literally no other choice (even though realistically speaking, there would be plenty of dumb guys lining up to join her familia based on her looks and nothing else, you know, like in real life), but people like Ais falling in love with someone like Bell at first sight really breaks suspension of disbelief.

We are talking about 10/10 girls here who have had no shortage of rich, handsome, high level adventurers ask them out. But somehow they fall in love with Bell at first sight. Why? Naze?

He works hard? Please. Every high level adventurer worked hard to get where they were. That's assuming that "works hard" is somehow the main factor to make girls fall in love with you on first sight. If that were true, then the kids in school who stayed back after school to study should be surrounded by girls. But they weren't. They were either mocked for working hard, or were simply ignored. Human beings evolved to prize certain things in a mate, and working hard isn't one of them.

That's because how they got something (whether good looks, money, or whatever) is irrelevant, as long as they have it. Someone who values money is not going to care (much) whether you got it from an inheritance, won the lottery, or worked your ass off to get it. The important thing is that you have that money in the first place.

If Bell was drawn and written like a casanova...ok. I can totally understand it if girls fall in love with him at first sight. But he literally looks like a skinny 16 year old with average social skills at best. Welf on the other hand, is actually decent looking, looks like an adult, and more important, has his own business and his livelihood doesn't depend on going into a deathtrap every day (or at least, it didn't, till he met Bell). Yet, his role in the story is that of the MC's male best friend who is there just to make him look cool, while all the girls ignore him and keep throwing themselves at the MC instead.

It would also be acceptable if the story was written in a way so that Bell starts the story as an unconfident young boy that eventually matures into an experienced adventurer at which point the girls start noticing him. There is so much potential for character development here, that is simply skipped in favor of inserting multiple love interests at the start of the series. There is no need for Bell to improve as a character (note : as a character, which does not mean increasing his RPG stats), because he already one goddess madly in love with him and multiple other girls in love with him. At this point, he could turn into a NEET and instead of being turned off, his harem would love him even more.

And I don't know what universe the author lives in, but when a guy runs away from a girl, the reaction is never : oh noes, I have to chase him down and make him stop running away!.

It's more along the lines of : What the hell is wrong with this guy? What kind of wuss is scared of a girl? Ewww!

That maid Ais is giving me all the boners.

Chapter 29:

Whose arm do you think is that one on page 13? Looks to me that its something important.

Spoiler

Looks like she just became best grils latest victim

Spoiler

I wonder about that.

Bell is way too lame compare to Ais.

Only because Bell have "Plot Armor" that make him harem protag, every single girl (are forced by author to) love him.

There only Hestia and Lili are have reason to love him.

Just like a certain Teleporter is yuri for a certain Railgun, and a certain index is in love with a certain zero.

Are you telling me a certain Teleporter will fall in love with a certain zero because they meet ?

No, it's more she finally encounter a wild rival.

"This is why I hate werewolves"........who am I kidding. xD

Looks like she just became best grils latest victim

Spoiler

Btw does anyone know how faithful this manga is compared to the light novel? These events probably did happen but how closely does his author follow the novels?

As someone who's reading the light novels... it seems to match pretty well. It helps that they regularly sprinkle in scenes that place the events here in the timeline, and I haven't noticed any gross inconsistencies yet. It definitely adds a new dimension to many of the original events, though...

Btw does anyone know how faithful this manga is compared to the light novel? These events probably did happen but how closely does his author follow the novels?

GAAAH Bete was so badass in the last few chapters - He better be getting more screentime. Him and Aiz together in the last chapter dayyumm wanna see more of their dynamic 

Spoiler

Bete! Stop making me like you, you're supposed to be the asshole drunk, not the tsudere badass!

I don't remember crying as much in the original DanMachi... ;____;

Bete is just growing on me more and more. And that had to fucking hurt.

gap moe? :P

Bete is just growing on me more and more. And that had to fucking hurt.

Well, hot damn. So much suffering and despair.

All Bell thinking in his head is either "must save a girl, I don't care if I die" , "Must defeat that monter so I can save a girl" , "I don't want Aiz to save me again".

Maybe if you only look at the anime or manga adaptations, due to more focus on dramatics.

However, volume 3 of the main series LN makes it explicitly clear that (once he stood back up again) Bell was fighting with a calm and clear mind, using techniques to fight the powered-up Minotaur, deliberately aiming for the side of the giant cleaver to create just barely enough room to dodge (with weapons that otherwise had no chance of blocking the attacks) and counter-attack, all the while actively adapting to the situation and planning what he'd do next as he fought.

It's quite stupid  compare  finn  to  bell  from  my point view, finn  have the entire army of loki familia while  bell  only  have  at most  like 5 people to fight  and  also  is the greatest power  from it  while  loki have a lot  of  lvl 6 people like finn  who  have different way  to fight  to consider  in battle.

Finn can understand how to fight  extremly well but he have means  to  fight accord  the situation while bell only option in a crissis is to tank himself  the most of the battle and  get lightly  help  from his companions, also  he don't  have finn  experience in years of fight to  judge as acuarate like him what the enemy is going to do.

In the novel Bell doesn't have a mayor  help in his fights(beside goliath), while aiz  do have  a lot of help  from  adventurers of  lvl  5 (at least) which also is a huge difference between both, the bad  crisis both  confront are also  extremely different most of bell are events out of his control and enterily by surprise (which are way to hard  to deal even for people with experience) while aiz put herself by her own will in those hopeless fights i see a dramatical  difference in fight a fearsome  event  without any kind of preparation to a fight that u yourself search.

aiz  is a block head her  way to fight  is also  worst than  bell who actually try  to discern  what  he  have and  need  to do to  keep all the damage in check  and far from his friends, aiz do only excel bell  in combat exprience so  its not rare  if  she knows  how  to  deal  with something  better than him.

In my point  of view bell is a better  fighter than aiz, his  skill  actually don't  help him  in the least  in  a fight  (beside argonaut) and  his  behavior and judgement is  quite better  than aiz while  he  put himself  in some dangerous situations  he mostly avoids them and  for a fourteen yo  kid he  do have a  point  to  be reckless  and mindless to some things.

Most of the arguments to Main Characters are  like if  them are 30 yo mans  with a lot  of experience  and less hopes than a  mercenary who have  see lots of wars ..... while  they are  just   kids..... this  make me remember kazuma ( konosuba) words of apologies  to MC when some romantic development try to happen, live it and read it is not the same thing.

Cover 06!!

81pJWiwJ0qL.jpg

I'm sorry but if I remember correctly she is part of the biggest/strongest familia in the town, the strongest adventurers are always backing her up, got boosted by them when she was younger, was born with a OP wind chantless magic, have a unbreakable sword, everyone loves her as well(MC included), doesn't need to worry with expenses... do I need to say more? If you still didn't understand it yet, she's a MC as well. And hits dagger doesn't have double stats, it just grows stronger with him, meaning it will be just strong enough to be useful to his level and didn't he have many deadly fights as well?

You do know that Loki Familia wasn't always that powerful don't you? If I'm not mistaken they rose to power after the destruction of Zeus and Hera Familias. The strongest adventurer you say was supporting her wasn't as powerful back then too. And recently Ais was reprimanded for challenging floor bosses alone. Though I heard that Ais is...

Spoiler

Excuse me ? Do you even read the manga? Ais grind non stop from when she was a little girl until now, she work herself out to near dead. In game temp she camp grind non stop im the dungeon from open beta without any help or cheat, pure hard work.
Her beauty and how she help people make people love her.
Bell is only become adventure only one month, he have cheat skill that boost exp as long as he admire Aiz.
He have the cheat dagger grow stronger as he grow stronger, in other word double stats weapon.
Freya give him cheat spellbook help him learn spell without any condition, in other make you have multi class.
All the girls he met love him, just because he is MC. Lily have reason to love and loyal to him though.

I'm sorry but if I remember correctly she is part of the biggest/strongest familia in the town, the strongest adventurers are always backing her up, got boosted by them when she was younger, was born with a OP wind chantless magic, have a unbreakable sword, everyone loves her as well(MC included), doesn't need to worry with expenses... do I need to say more? If you still didn't understand it yet, she's a MC as well. And his dagger doesn't have double stats, it just grows stronger with him, meaning it will be just strong enough to be useful to his level, and didn't he have many deadly fights as well?

And that's the story of a level 6 esper.

She get those stuff the same way as Bell does... Even with more easy, actually.

Excuse me ? Do you even read the manga? Ais grind non stop from when she was a little girl until now, she work herself out to near dead. In game temp she camp grind non stop im the dungeon from open beta without any help or cheat, pure hard work.

Her beauty and how she help people make people love her.

Bell is only become adventure only one month, he have cheat skill that boost exp as long as he admire Aiz.

He have the cheat dagger grow stronger as he grow stronger, in other word double stats weapon.

Freya give him cheat spellbook help him learn spell without any condition, in other make you have multi class.

All the girls he met love him, just because he is MC. Lily have reason to love and loyal to him though.

Aiz get everything all by herself : people's love for her, weapon, power, level.

She get those stuff the same way as Bell does... Even with more easy, actually.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics