Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 481votes)

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki

Alt Names: alt A Certain Middle-Aged Man's VRMMO Activity Logalt とあるおっさんのVRMMO活動記alt To Aru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudoukialt 某大叔的vrmmo活动记
Author: Shiina Howahowa
Artist: Rikudou Shuuya
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyCooking CookingFantasy FantasyHarem HaremSci-fi Sci-fiSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Typical company employee Tanaka Daichi(38 years old, single) loves games and plays a new type of VRMMO called "One More Free Life Online" under the username "Earth". Inside this free world he chose several skills that are generally regarded as useless. Be it wasting time crafting potions, cooking up pointlessly tasty food, or hunting monsters with some absurd weapon he crafted, he simply enjoys playing the game.

Original Webcomic:
http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/658000067/
Go to Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Lates chapter discussion New Window Freenight
  • 40 Replies
Topic Suggestions? New Window Creecha
  • 4 Replies
Topic Light Novel Of This Manga??? New Window TeamdichJustT
  • 8 Replies

1201 Comments

MC: ok crystal fixed and everything time to summon a fairy.

system: summoning fairy... ultra rare title fairy seducer triggers event. Fairy queen leaves fairy king. you summon fairy queen.

Considering the looks of the fairies

This one might just be a succubus or similar

Event title Seducer of Faries GG WP

Still waiting for him to become the demon lord.

kinda remind me MC with loli dragon which able to "tame" other dragon ... =3= ...

Or that other novel with similar MC who gets "the Nanny" (not-official official title) instead.

Then again,

Spoiler

On the topic of fairy

Spoiler

I noticed Ash and Pikachu on the last page, makes me wonder if there's other references I'm missing.

There's mario when you see him using the jumping skill, don't know if you've seen it

MC: ok crystal fixed and everything time to summon a fairy.

system: summoning fairy... ultra rare title fairy seducer triggers event. Fairy queen leaves fairy king. you summon fairy queen.

Im guessing hes gonna get either Fairy King or Queen

Oberon or Titania ? =3= ?

I hope it's girl type monmusu so he get paired ...

I noticed Ash and Pikachu on the last page, makes me wonder if there's other references I'm missing.
Im guessing hes gonna get either Fairy King or Queen

and ... prediction comes true ...

even something either success or failure have extreme low percentage, MC will get caught in it ...

I guess not really prediction since it's more like a cliche ... (and some other user also already make guess out of this)

next one should make MC have special fairy or have special ability related to fairy or even obtain it with unique setting ... figures ... cliche again ...

seduce dem fairies 

kinda remind me MC with loli dragon which able to "tame" other dragon ... =3= ...

I love pets, but the minmaxer in me would take the stat boost over a fairy any time.

Skill: Stealth Skill: Sneak Skill: Whip Skill: Restraint Me: I like where this is going.

seduce dem fairies 

What D:OS?

Divinity : Original Sins ...
(PC Games)

Losing items okay, losing one or more level as a level 4 player is a bit drastic for an mmo. But losing access for a day? I have a hard time believing any MMO would be dumb enough to prevent it's players from playing for something that happens fairly regularly in MMOs. And there is no fun in only picking fights you can easily win.

Not that, that is the only design decision which seems to be plot instead of game design based.

There are quite a few MMOs with such a punishing design. EVE online is like that, but almost worse. You don't lose access, but you might have to travel for a day or two to reach your previous area if it was really remote. You also need to spend time stocking up on everything you lost when you died (your entire ship obviously, and your character's very expensive implants). Many hardcore players (the one that drive the wonder and excitement) moan and groan for tougher MMOs. There's a certain psychological draw to treating  your death in a VRMMO as having consequences.

Rune Factory 3 (3 only, the rest is kinda bad), anyone who haven't play this really missing a great game ... (RPG-ed Harvest Moon) Cooking, Crafting, Blacksmithing, Enchanting ...

and in new rpg game D:OS ...

Crafting (mixed with Alchemy and Cooking) and Blacksmithing ... (should have respawn enemy and resources)

No one mention Ar Tonelico ? Atelier Iris ? Mana Chemia ?

most game with good gameplay indeed have this element ...

BTW, all above I mention isn't MMORPG ... sorry ...

What D:OS?

ah yes. the decimal got me.

as for the fairy. least popular would probably be a melee combat type (if there is one.) after all it's a fairy, not a tank. i could just see that happening too. MC gets the only fairy that's a tank.

The admins also mention that the fairies are elemental... the 'failure' will probably be getting one not compatible with his current magic skill set (wind), and that's assuming the MC has that in mind.

Anyway, wind should be ok with fire or water (if you have to take Naruto into account...), but he'll definitely hit a snag on an earth one - hah, his avatar's name is already Earth - light and darkness have always been a class of their own compared to the common elements. This is all just conjecture, but he'll probably end up with one of those three.

if you like this manga and also light novels try reading the legendary moonlight sculptor

link: http://www.royalroadl.com/table-of-content/

I don't particularly like light novels. (The writing style is often clumsy compared to the books I usually read, though part might be the translations.) But I was interested and read some of it. The death penalty in the game is so harsh that it is silly: "If Weed died, he would lose some items from his inventory, drop one or more levels and be penalized by having his access to Royal Road denied for the next twenty-four hours, all because Weed decided to sacrifice his life to save a bunch of strangers."

Losing items okay, losing one or more level as a level 4 player is a bit drastic for an mmo. But losing access for a day? I have a hard time believing any MMO would be dumb enough to prevent it's players from playing for something that happens fairly regularly in MMOs. And there is no fun in only picking fights you can easily win.

Not that, that is the only design decision which seems to be plot instead of game design based.

0.015% chance to fail
hidden condition: if you are the MC, the chance to fail is over 9000!

Mister get your math right 0.0015% out of 1 milion is 15 not 1500! You forgot that % removes two more 0. On the other hand MC for sure will fail with the fairy he planned for and get the most rare one - unique. I wonder if he will aim for wind fairy so she will work along his wind skill or fire to make a combo ( *cough* Naruto *cough*) or he will pick the least popular one - and that frankly is one thing I just can't guess.

ah yes. the decimal got me.

as for the fairy. least popular would probably be a melee combat type (if there is one.) after all it's a fairy, not a tank. i could just see that happening too. MC gets the only fairy that's a tank.

What's weird here is not the number. It's the fact that it's a low chance of failure.

Low chance of success is actually much, much more common in games than low chance of failure. Even something like 0.0015% wouldn't be that weird if it was, for example, a chance of rabbit dropping an epic item.

Low chance of failure, on the other hand, is usually only seen on low-level crafting or low-level item enhancement.

Extra-low chance of failure in one-time event is practically unheard of...

how is .0015% unrealistic game design? i admit it's extremely low but many games have .1% or even .01% chances. and just to point out. if even just 1 million players play the game statistically 1500 players will fail. frankly when you consider the volume of players in the game, both the % and the chances of a fail actually happening are both quite realistic. and of course due to the plot curse, the one the fail happens to is usually the the MC or those related.

Ultra low chances in MMOs are usually for repeatable things or tradeable things. If you can farm it or trade for it low chances make sense. This kinda sounds like a one time choice (though maybe it isn't) which with that chance level means only a tiny part of the player base ever get in touch with said feature. You don't usually bother putting something in if it effects only 0.0015% of your player base.

Reminds me of Ragnarok Onlines card drop chance (0,01%).

But yeah, that fairy system seems more like a hindrance to the players than an actual help. Seeing how even the so-called "weak" skills can turn into something deadly, it will make the players rely more onto AI than their own control ability of their characters.

But that's so MMORPG nowadays where people even get the best equips for lousy quests(ass-wiping anyone?), players become dumb and their playstyle becomes too affected by "noob-help". When grinding became ineffective, that's when the Online games died for me (+ the lack of customization because people are too stupid to do that)...

how is .0015% unrealistic game design? i admit it's extremely low but many games have .1% or even .01% chances. and just to point out. if even just 1 million players play the game statistically 1500 players will fail. frankly when you consider the volume of players in the game, both the % and the chances of a fail actually happening are both quite realistic. and of course due to the plot curse, the one the fail happens to is usually the the MC or those related.

Mister get your math right 0.0015% out of 1 milion is 15 not 1500! You forgot that % removes two more 0.

On the other hand MC for sure will fail with the fairy he planned for and get the most rare one - unique. I wonder if he will aim for wind fairy so she will work along his wind skill or fire to make a combo ( *cough* Naruto *cough*) or he will pick the least popular one - and that frankly is one thing I just can't guess.

or the mc will fail or he will get a unique both could get interesting 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics