Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 481votes)

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki

Alt Names: alt A Certain Middle-Aged Man's VRMMO Activity Logalt とあるおっさんのVRMMO活動記alt To Aru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudoukialt 某大叔的vrmmo活动记
Author: Shiina Howahowa
Artist: Rikudou Shuuya
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyCooking CookingFantasy FantasyHarem HaremSci-fi Sci-fiSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Typical company employee Tanaka Daichi(38 years old, single) loves games and plays a new type of VRMMO called "One More Free Life Online" under the username "Earth". Inside this free world he chose several skills that are generally regarded as useless. Be it wasting time crafting potions, cooking up pointlessly tasty food, or hunting monsters with some absurd weapon he crafted, he simply enjoys playing the game.

Original Webcomic:
http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/658000067/
Go to Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Lates chapter discussion New Window Freenight
  • 40 Replies
Topic Suggestions? New Window Creecha
  • 4 Replies
Topic Light Novel Of This Manga??? New Window TeamdichJustT
  • 8 Replies

1201 Comments

For those comparing this manga to Mahouka and SAO, please don't. This is far better than them. It actually takes time to build solid game mechanics and introduce interesting realistic characters. Not like Mahouka, whose MC is literally an emotionless Marty Stu bastard who's only redeeming trait is his annoying little sister, or SAO, which conjures up bullshit game mechanics solely for the plot. This manga is only 4 chapters in and still better. For sake of decency, please keep this untainted.

ikr, people see it's a virtual mmo and they say it's a sao ripoff... like wth.

It's not like every high school manga is a rip-off from the first school manga right?

Also sao wasn't even the first vmmo and it sucks too. Art from the anime & voice acting is great, the idea is great but it's fleshed out so very poorly.

Also i don't even see a single common point between mahouka and this.

If you liked this series I'd suggest reading the light novel Only Sense online. Same basic concept of choosing shitty skills and bring the best out of its use.
http://krytykal.org/only-sense/

For those comparing this manga to Mahouka and SAO, please don't. This is far better than them. It actually takes time to build solid game mechanics and introduce interesting realistic characters. Not like Mahouka, whose MC is literally an emotionless Marty Stu bastard who's only redeeming trait is his annoying little sister, or SAO, which conjures up bullshit game mechanics solely for the plot. This manga is only 4 chapters in and still better. For sake of decency, please keep this untainted.

just starting this ... wow, I LOVE gameplay ...

if only that game available in RL ...

(lately most good game have alchemy, cooking and crafting too)

and all that skill combination ...

it actually might become OP latter ...

starting to miss SAO and Log Horizon ... lolz ...

oh yeah, Log Horizon anime will get next season too ...

Spoiler

The MC should go this route.

awesome. and could be possible in later stages when he has high class wind magic. if he could develop something wind hands or something close he would use that magic to fire and load multiple bows as the same time. that would be both scary and cool. course at that point he'd probably be better off just summoning a tornado and would have a greater effect.

gotta say, this MC is just plain awesome. well, this is how you be pro though. it's not what you do, but how you do it.

This has a lot of potential like Re:Monster ^^

I'd like to know what the deal is with this dude in real life eventually as well.

Spoiler

The MC should go this route.

FYI to those who are wondering whether this is web-only, the Web Novel is being adapted to a light novel just like Mahouka, SAO, Log Horizon and Mushoku Tensei.
Someone posted an amazon link earlier, and there are two volumes of light novels released so far. The first volume was released in Jan '14 and the 2nd volume was released in May '14.

Thanks to whoever created the AS thread yesterday so we can move some of the questions here there ;)

Spoiler

I'd have to agree with apatheticman. Improving Kick does increase the speed of anything involving the legs (running does involve it). Not only that, but he can pretty much do unconventional stuff, like jump-side strafing.

This hints that it could also probably involve leg power abilities, like jumping higher, receiving less fall damage (if this is possible in-game) and anything that involves leg stability. (Maybe having strong legs makes bow shots more accurate).

it's just that his footwork improved so he can evade with his bow out better and such (the strafing and so on), he's able to walk and run (foot related) smoothly making it easier to evade and counter.

from the original source at that point in the chapter.

(MC does find out how terrible his own skills with the bow and kick skills are when the elf update is released

his CQC is crap so yeah)

game does not have people getting broken speed or anything like that even though there are like the bosses/npc bosses being fast.

otherwise the players that use heavy weapons/heavy armor would be faster than the MC.

(since they would be burdened by the weight constantly training their str and then if they take it off and rush with all their might?)

It took me awhile to search but here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=5223938 this has the info with a link to the light novel. Its not translated though.

that's the WN not LN.

It took me awhile to search but here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=5223938 this has the info with a link to the light novel. Its not translated though.

Spoiler

I'd have to agree with apatheticman. Improving Kick does increase the speed of anything involving the legs (running does involve it). Not only that, but he can pretty much do unconventional stuff, like jump-side strafing.

This hints that it could also probably involve leg power abilities, like jumping higher, receiving less fall damage (if this is possible in-game) and anything that involves leg stability. (Maybe having strong legs makes bow shots more accurate).

Finally, it's here ~ Thank you!!! I'm reading the novel, but of course I will read the manga with much joy too ~ one of the best I've read so far :)

what novel is it a translated one.

Archery, can't hit anything.  (Probably requires a high level to be of any use, but can be used with Eagle Eye and Stealth.)

Kicking, just a simple kick initially. (Boosts your movement speed allowing you to outrun tank characters as you shoot them.)

Wind Magic, weaker than other magic. (Probably has non-combat uses like increasing movement speed with a gust of wind or buffing arrow attacks)

Apothecary, NPCs sell potions for less than the items spent to craft them. (NPC potions are limited in supply.)

Stealth, useless when moving. (Increases critical, deadly when used with Eagle Eye)

Physical boost. a passive boost considered inferior to a special skill that consumes MP. (Gives you the same physical stats as higher level characters, increases speed even further)

So, apparently cooking was considered useful from the start.

Also, if wind magic can boost his movement speed, then he would have 3 skills that boost his speed, making him ridiculously fast and evasive. The fact he uses a bow as his primary, makes him almost impossible for a tank who's weighed down by heavy equipment to even hit him.

Besides, according to chapter 1, the game was crowded as it just launched, so players probably don't know jack about the full potential of all the skills yet. Also, the meta-game is still in its infancy.

Bow - the not hitting thing, cost performance, and the power is about 75% of a one handed sword.

Kick - back in the Beta version, people would get Arts for other skills starting at lvl 10 and someone lvled Kick to 30 but got nothing so poster called it a shit skill.

(also nothing about increasing move spd or anything so you can't outrun a tank with Kick combat skill)

(Arts.... if you have no idea then go enjoy some Log Horizon or SAO or something)

(some minor spoiler that doesn't matter.... training the Kick skill has also affected him in RL since he managed to avoid falling over and such lol.)

Wind Magic - seems usable but also half assed. only the speed increase buff skill seems to have some ability.

other attacks and recovery also inferior to the others.

Medicine - more Beta info that they can buy from NPCs cheap and large quantities, cool time is short and the effect is good..... just talk from the Beta though.

Concealment(or would Hide be better) - being able to hide is excellent but the cost is severe.

1% max mp every second, cost doubles every 10 seconds so after 20 seconds it would be juicing you for 4% a second. (would of consumed 30% already by then)

meaningless if the monster can detect you by smell, sound, or heat.

Physical Ability Improvement - running, using weapons, production... simply put jack of all trades master of none, so a specialized skill is far stronger. (balancing obviously lol)

MC is going to be doing various things so he took it.

----------

for those wondering... the only visible stats would be the HP and MP so we won't ever see a STR stat or anything like that, although it does exist.

Finally, it's here ~ Thank you!!! I'm reading the novel, but of course I will read the manga with much joy too ~ one of the best I've read so far :)

Is the novel translated? If so, where?

Hmm seems to be an enjoyable read that doesn't go too extreme like TLMS or Arifureta or Ark. Slow lighter-hearted reads are nice after all that~
Game title sounds like a parody of Second Life tho XD

(After reading those three novels so much I got a bit worn out from all the cynicism and antihero lol - that was the reason I read those tho~, this guy sounds like he has neither)
EDIT: To those asking whether it's a novel adaptation, yes it is. I'm surprised animesuki doesn't have a thread for this yet. Chapter 412 is released today (shorter chapter lengths than the other novels stated above). And of course I can't read JP.. sigh >.<

I actually found this manga interesting. :)

because it is

I actually found this manga interesting. :)

I think "Eagle Eye" is a time saving skill that helps you out depending on what skills you have.

With apothecary, it shows where you can harvest herbs. It probably won't show you where you can mine ores if you don't have the required mining skill. With a fighting skills, it shows you the weak points for critical attacks. And on it's own, it seems to tell you where the enemies are on the map and/or see further. 

You can probably do all that stuff without it, but you'll have to learn it by trial and error. It might give passive bonuses, but I would see most non-crafters skip it for something more useful.

No, most people in the game consider "Eagle Eye" useful.

Well, from chapter 1, the 6 useless skills of his 10 are

Archery, can't hit anything.  (Probably requires a high level to be of any use, but can be used with Eagle Eye and Stealth.)

Kicking, just a simple kick initially. (Boosts your movement speed allowing you to outrun tank characters as you shoot them.)

Wind Magic, weaker than other magic. (Probably has non-combat uses like increasing movement speed with a gust of wind or buffing arrow attacks)

Apothecary, NPCs sell potions for less than the items spent to craft them. (NPC potions are limited in supply.)

Stealth, useless when moving. (Increases critical, deadly when used with Eagle Eye)

Physical boost. a passive boost considered inferior to a special skill that consumes MP. (Gives you the same physical stats as higher level characters, increases speed even further)

So, apparently cooking was considered useful from the start.

Also, if wind magic can boost his movement speed, then he would have 3 skills that boost his speed, making him ridiculously fast and evasive. The fact he uses a bow as his primary, makes him almost impossible for a tank who's weighed down by heavy equipment to even hit him.

Besides, according to chapter 1, the game was crowded as it just launched, so players probably don't know jack about the full potential of all the skills yet. Also, the meta-game is still in its infancy.

The Mohawk knight is pretty stupid.
It appears he didn't read the Will and his arrogance killed him.

I think "Eagle Eye" is a time saving skill that helps you out depending on what skills you have.
With apothecary, it shows where you can harvest herbs. It probably won't show you where you can mine ores if you don't have the required mining skill. With a fighting skills, it shows you the weak points for critical attacks. And on it's own, it seems to tell you where the enemies are on the map and/or see further. 
You can probably do all that stuff without it, but you'll have to learn it by trial and error. It might give passive bonuses, but I would see most non-crafters skip it for something more useful.

It is considered useless because you would need to have already found the item to know any info from it. And to know all items in an area (just 1) would take a bit of time, so imagine trying to do it in all areas. That would take forever. If you had a skill like apothecary then it would be useful because you would have a use for herbs. But potions were easily bought when most people in ch 1 & 2 played.

guys i think is better create a topic for discuss the MC and the mc vrmmo wolrd habilitys/skills

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics