Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 1530votes)

Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Alt Names: alt Ang Asawa ng Magoalt เจ้าสาวผมแดงกับจอมเวทอสูรalt Cô Dâu Pháp Sưalt Die Braut des Magiersalt 魔法使いの嫁alt 魔法使之嫁alt 魔法使的新娘alt Kadim Magus'un Gelinialt La Femme du Magealt La Prometida del Magoalt La sposa dello stregonealt Mahoutsukai no Yomealt Oblubienica czarnoksiężnikaalt The Ancient Magus' Bridealt The Magician's Bridealt Velhon morsianalt Невеста чародеяalt כלת המגוס העתיקalt عروس السّاحر
Author: Yamazaki Kore
Artist: Yamazaki Kore
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hatori Chise is only 16, but she has lost far more than most. With neither family nor hope, it seems all doors are closed to her. But a chance encounter begins to turn the rusted wheels of fate. In her darkest hour, a mysterious magus appears before Chise, offering a chance she couldn't turn down. This magus who seems closer to demon than human, will he bring her the light she desperately seeks, or drown her in ever deeper shadows?
Nominated for the 8th Manga Taisho Award.
Go to Mahou Tsukai no Yome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Up-To-Date Theories! Seeing Things With a New Set of Eyes New Window Lilienne Lethe
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chise's Eye Color New Window koreofpacks
  • 7 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Comadrin
  • 1 Replies
Topic OVAs by Studio Wit New Window 8lacKy
  • 8 Replies
Topic Chapter 27 New Window Yung_Zefling
  • 2 Replies

1286 Comments

Is there any need for a large, overarching story yet? So far, Chise is just adjusting to the new life and its wonders, so the chapters are telling those small stories of what happens during that process. I certainly prefer that pacing. The stories where you already know exactly where the whole thing is going after the first few chapters are mostly either totally generic crap or shortstories with only very few chapters. There is no need to rush a good story. Just sit back, let its world unfold slowly before you and enjoy the ride. Or if that just isn't your cup of tea, then that is fine too and you can go and read something more to your liking somewhere else.

I have no problem with short stories. But this manga implies there is a big one whe n it develops nothing just switching from new characters to new characters. Ran and the Gray World does things you are saying much better in my opinion.

Not sure that was such a great idea. I guess he had a "valid" reason to kill those cats.

Accursed double post.... where's the delete button when you need them most?

A very..... "literal" chapter

Finally an update!

I've been waiting for new chapter to come out. Easily one of my favorite among new mangas.

This is so wonderful (both meanings)

Thanks for the update!

Another great chapter with a nice development. Spectacular art as always.

Thanks Sense-Scans!

It's okay to not go anywhere. A paranoid magician, everything set for an epic story... yeah, I'd love it the most if it stays slice of life and random cases.

But, man, everything is great up to now. Especially the art.

If there is a need for more chapters, it would be to give explanations of where the author wants this manga to go. After 5 chapters, I have still no idea. Every chapter introduces new random characters. We don't know who they are and what is their purpose. It has nice art but it would need more story building to keep my interest. 

Is there any need for a large, overarching story yet? So far, Chise is just adjusting to the new life and its wonders, so the chapters are telling those small stories of what happens during that process. I certainly prefer that pacing. The stories where you already know exactly where the whole thing is going after the first few chapters are mostly either totally generic crap or shortstories with only very few chapters. There is no need to rush a good story. Just sit back, let its world unfold slowly before you and enjoy the ride. Or if that just isn't your cup of tea, then that is fine too and you can go and read something more to your liking somewhere else.

If there is a need for more chapters, it would be to give explanations of where the author wants this manga to go. After 5 chapters, I have still no idea. Every chapter introduces new random characters. We don't know who they are and what is their purpose. It has nice art but it would need more story building to keep my interest. 

O God of Scanlations! Please heed the plea of a poor and old locomotive! I am willing to exchange my furnace and wheels for constant updates on this manga! Take it! Take it allll. 

the inevitable happened: a villain appeared.

Sigh, the waiting starts again.

You know what I really hate about this manga? That it is not released and scanlated on a daily basis :(

Same here. Same here. Need moar!!! Thanks for the release :)

You know what I really hate about this manga? That it is not released and scanlated on a daily basis :(

Soo good, I get so immersed in the world and characters. There are many series that I like but I end up forgetting after a month but this is an example of a story that I can't forget, whenever I'm checking my follow list for updates one of the series that I always end up checking is this.

as for ch. 5

Spoiler

Wow. That title... For a manga like this, I can't simply brush it aside saying "meh"

Thanks a lot for the update! :)

She's 16. But I agree with everything you've said, everyone is "young" to a person who has lived for centuries.

Indeed, everyone must seem young to someone who lived for centuries. Though, I somehow feel that for such a person, "age" does not hold a meaning anymore. They probably look at a person for who/what they are, rather than how society sees them.

Oh, you evil, EVIL cliffhangers.  Just when you think it goes away, it comes back again!  >:T

Late, but thanks a tone for the update! dat cliffy. @_@

In another vein, why do people keep calling her a loli? We haven't been told her age, and her appearance looks more late teens to me. She's not well endowed at all compared to many shonen leads, but ch. 1 shows she's got some upper body development early on in the chapter. Now she's definitely a lot shorter than him, but he's also very tall compared to other characters in the story. There is obviously an age gap, but he's an un-aging sorcerer by the way he is talked about in the story. Not gonna find a woman his age to begin with. I feel like this is more of a beauty and the beast story IMO.

Chise's not a loli in the usual sense (she's past puberty), but the sheer age gap between her and the sorcerer (argh I can never remember his name) exacerbates her youth. It doesn't help that Chise honestly looks pretty young--she could easily pass as being a 14 year old from my end.

So I was thinking, is this the author's first work or are they just not on batoto? Cause so far this feels like a very "experienced" author but they have no other works on the site. Anyone know?

She has another small story complete at 2 volumes. It's a cute seinen romance of an 20s librarian and a high school boy.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=82277

In another vein, why do people keep calling her a loli? We haven't been told her age, and her appearance looks more late teens to me. She's not well endowed at all compared to many shonen leads, but ch. 1 shows she's got some upper body development early on in the chapter. Now she's definitely a lot shorter than him, but he's also very tall compared to other characters in the story. There is obviously an age gap, but he's an un-aging sorcerer by the way he is talked about in the story. Not gonna find a woman his age to begin with. I feel like this is more of a beauty and the beast story IMO.

She's 16. But I agree with everything you've said, everyone is "young" to a person who has lived for centuries.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics