Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 1530votes)

Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Alt Names: alt Ang Asawa ng Magoalt เจ้าสาวผมแดงกับจอมเวทอสูรalt Cô Dâu Pháp Sưalt Die Braut des Magiersalt 魔法使いの嫁alt 魔法使之嫁alt 魔法使的新娘alt Kadim Magus'un Gelinialt La Femme du Magealt La Prometida del Magoalt La sposa dello stregonealt Mahoutsukai no Yomealt Oblubienica czarnoksiężnikaalt The Ancient Magus' Bridealt The Magician's Bridealt Velhon morsianalt Невеста чародеяalt כלת המגוס העתיקalt عروس السّاحر
Author: Yamazaki Kore
Artist: Yamazaki Kore
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hatori Chise is only 16, but she has lost far more than most. With neither family nor hope, it seems all doors are closed to her. But a chance encounter begins to turn the rusted wheels of fate. In her darkest hour, a mysterious magus appears before Chise, offering a chance she couldn't turn down. This magus who seems closer to demon than human, will he bring her the light she desperately seeks, or drown her in ever deeper shadows?
Nominated for the 8th Manga Taisho Award.
Go to Mahou Tsukai no Yome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Up-To-Date Theories! Seeing Things With a New Set of Eyes New Window Lilienne Lethe
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chise's Eye Color New Window koreofpacks
  • 7 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Comadrin
  • 1 Replies
Topic OVAs by Studio Wit New Window 8lacKy
  • 8 Replies
Topic Chapter 27 New Window Yung_Zefling
  • 2 Replies

1286 Comments

God I love this series!

And the lizard dude isn't a complete perv at first which is a lot better for me.

Lizard dude?  You mean the male lead?  He's not a lizard dude.  He has the skull of some kind of cattle for a head.

Does that mean this manga will end/get axed 

or he will write both at the same time?

its getting popular in Japan so it wont be axed and I haven't heard anything regarding this ending naturally as of yet.
Safe to assume that the mangaka will just be running two series simultaneously, its not uncommon really.

Kore Yamazaki-sensei will begin a new series in Itan magazine (a Josei magazine) issue # 22 (06/10).

Does that mean this manga will end/get axed 

or he will write both at the same time?

Kore Yamazaki-sensei will begin a new series in Itan magazine (a Josei magazine) issue # 22 (06/10).

Probably the best new manga I've read all year

It's announced that Mahou Tsukai no Yome has surpassed printing 100,000 copies.

*Reads the latest chapter*

Well, I guess people do really stupid things when they're obsessively in love...  That being said...  I'm still raging inside.

Oh, c'mon.  Ran to Haiiro no Sekai.  Obv.

Weird I totally disagree with you. But then again I never really got into that one. I find Hatori a lot more likable than Ran. And the lizard dude isn't a complete perv at first which is a lot better for me.

Amazing. What manga can compete with this one for the title of the best in last 2-3 years? Can't remember/

Oh, c'mon.  Ran to Haiiro no Sekai.  Obv.

But this really seems quite good.

And I like the pacing.  Bits and pieces of broader issues are being learned at each stage.  They also bring a feel for the world, and the sense of wonder that is a necessity for a good work in this style/sub-genre.  Bringing her straight into whatever bigger schtick is implied by her specialness would be too bald.  You might still be able to care for the characters, but the strength of this kind of thing (ever since Tolkien and LoTR) is built in good part by making you care for the setting, the place itself--partly so that threats to it matter, partly just for its own sake. 

As a cat lover I am glad that the first King butchered that fucker

Wow....

RIP cats

I love Chise's and Ellias' relationship, "Until Ellias let's go of my hand, I belong to him" 048.gif.

She understands he might've saved her for some ulterior motive but he was still the first person to reach out and save her so she chooses to stick with him. It's a sort of bittersweet relationship that's full of mystery and romantic in it's own way. I can't get over how much I love these two characters.

Well i start to liking this more and more with every release

Thanks for the update! It made my day to see a new chapter. Now I just wish we could see a smug/happy Elias (like in the last panel of p15) more often.

If there is a need for more chapters, it would be to give explanations of where the author wants this manga to go. After 5 chapters, I have still no idea. Every chapter introduces new random characters. We don't know who they are and what is their purpose. It has nice art but it would need more story building to keep my interest. 

I think the pacing is just right, since we learn things at the same time as Chise. This is her story and, with the way the author write things, we, as readers, don't learn more about the world than she does. This is one many of the reasons I love this series.

Huh... well that kinda sucked.

I want that Renfred fellato to die a horrible death by impalement.

Amazing. What manga can compete with this one for the title of the best in last 2-3 years? Can't remember/

A very..... "literal" chapter

Nah,  the cats were already dead before his wife got curious :P

But this manga implies there is a big one

Saw nothing like that. No searching for One Piece or Emperor Palpatine in sight.

Just a little girl getting to live with a magician.

ARGHHHH TOO SHORTTT

Yep, love deludes us all :P

You know.... i thought monster-guy was going to the extreme *that side of anime* But when he licked her i was like "awwe this aint so bad, its weird sure but, a twisty kind of vanilla."
He did in a manner that I wouldn't consider "that type" so hooray. Doesn't seem like he would ever kill someone via biting either. And lol at the shadow being overshadowed XD
You know.... i thought monster-guy was going to the extreme *that side of anime* But when he licked her i was like "awwe this aint so bad, its weird sure but, a twisty kind of vanilla."

He... he licked her -___-

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics